PDA

View Full Version : Marching Cadence/ Double Time Cadence

drillinstructor
08-10-04, 09:57 PM
Marines, Post any cadences' you have picked up over the years on this thread I know many but i want to learn more...especially since I have a motto run with the recruits next Thursday and they have heard all my good Cadences'....I need new ones....HELP!!!!!!!!1

HardJedi
08-10-04, 10:34 PM
well, have they OUTLAWED all the good ones? youknow, with swearing and sexual innuendos? ;)

Namvet67
08-11-04, 10:43 AM
Drillinstructor...Do you use the word OORAH as part of your program. There has been a lot of talk lately about the orgin of this. I still think it was started by Recon Marines during the late 70s.

Sender
08-11-04, 01:40 PM
Devil Dog,

Are you with "K" Company? I have a friend down there with Second Battalion S-3. He was with "G" company. He is on quota now. I used to be with "A" company from 97-00 and my brick is there at the monument. How long have you been there?

Arcides, SSGT

drillinstructor
08-11-04, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by gbudd
Drillinstructor...Do you use the word OORAH as part of your program. There has been a lot of talk lately about the orgin of this. I still think it was started by Recon Marines during the late 70s.
OOHRAH11 is used often when singing cadence...Yes I do have to stay away from the cadenes' the mothers of america do not want to hear because will will be ending our run where all the family members are watching....

drillinstructor
08-11-04, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Sender
Devil Dog,

Are you with "K" Company? I have a friend down there with Second Battalion S-3. He was with "G" company. He is on quota now. I used to be with "A" company from 97-00 and my brick is there at the monument. How long have you been there?

Arcides, SSGT

I am currently ending my 2nd cycle (yes I came here a little late in the game) but I am loving it. Oh by the way Bricks are still for sale for 100 bucks...I just put an order in for my brick... 2nd Bn s-3 I may or may not know him>>>>?

CMyr
08-12-04, 03:11 PM
So singing cadence is legal now. Nice to know. I once got chewed out for doing that while drilling a platoon. --- I don't think the cadence songs I heard in boot camp would be appropriate, so I'd just like to add this.
Cadence songs can be about anything. They can apply to the phase of training the recruit is in, MC history, etc., as long as the meter or cadence is kept. You can just start with an idea, like...

"Phase One is an awful grind;
DI messin' with my mind." :)

HardJedi
08-12-04, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by drillinstructor

Yes I do have to stay away from the cadenes' the mothers of america do not want to hear because will will be ending our run where all the family members are watching....

GOOD LORD! where's the fun in that?

There goes...
"My Girl's A Vegetable"
" Me and Superman Got in A Fight"
" the Prettiest Girl"
The song about inches 1-12 :)

ALL the good ones LOL

can you at least still sing about running through the jungle with your M-16?

Or dieing in a combat zone?
:banana:

drillinstructor
08-12-04, 06:26 PM
yes but add I am a mean Motor Scooter I am a US Marine

HardJedi
08-12-04, 07:21 PM
dang! motor scooter huh? you been around long enough, I am SURE you remember it being a bit different than THAT! ;)