PDA

View Full Version : Returning home... Mike Company

LivinSoFree
08-06-04, 11:35 PM
To all, glad to be back. I graduated today from Plt. 3069, 3rd Bn, "M" Co... and I've gotta say... it feels... incredible, yet surreal, it hasn't really set in yet, except in a couple of instances... I've got a feeling it'll come with time. Any other Mike Company grads here?

garryh123
08-07-04, 12:11 AM
Welcome home Marine

jinelson
08-07-04, 12:39 AM
I noticed that you made PFC - OUTSTANDING MARINE !! we missed ya and we expect a full a full report. Dang it just seems like just yesterday when a young man left and a a squared away Marine returned. You rate full honors as you have proven yourself. You will do our Corps proud.

Semper Fidelis My little brother and God speed and smooth sailing
Jim

PS: Update the rest of your profile

LivinSoFree
08-08-04, 06:29 PM
Aye Staff Sergeant... it's been a busy couple of days getting back to 1st Civ Div for a little while... had to take care of the "priorities" (she wasn't gonna wait another day ;-) ), and now I'm finishing up sorting out the mountain of paperwork that comes with this whole show... one things for sure, my bills sure didn't stop coming while I was gone. Next on the agenda today is trying to unhose my alphas so I can report in tomorrow morning at 0730 to my unit in Greensboro, NC... suburbia just hasn't figured out how to turn around a uniform over the weekend... Senior was right, Civilians ARE slow. Boot is still the same in many ways, though perhaps weaker thanks to Mothers of America... Close Combat and Line Training have been replaced by MCMAP, which is, in my humble opinion, an excellent program, and far less unintentionally fatal to recruits. The overall emphasis seems to be on creating smarter Marines who will be more combat effective through training. I was lucky, my 2nd Hat was an incredible Marine (they all were, but this one was especially remarkable). He'd served in every Infantry MOS except for Mortars, and I believe him when he says he can do their job anyway. After that he was an SOI instructor and was one of the principal individuals who rewrote the MCT curriculum to the new 24 day format, and then came to PI because he wasn't happy with the competency levels he was seeing coming into MCT/SOI. In one instance, when we were out at Weapons Bn for a basic hand and arm signals/patrolling class, it was a piece of ****, taught by a female Marine (no offense to our sisters, but it seems a little illogical to have a female Marine teaching an infantry skills class), who obviously had no idea what she was doing, we finished their little 45 minute course/exercise, and he then proceeded to take two solid hours and teach a REAL class on signals/patrol tactics to the entire series. The next week, when I was in his Crucible squad, we put into practice EVERYTHING he had taught us... and smokechecked every other squad out there.... while they were busy playing stupid recruit games, we were training like the Marines we were soon to be... There's so much more to talk about, but that's just a start... I'll be around frequently once again, so any questions that come down the pipe will get a quick response. It's good to be home.

Kylep88
08-08-04, 08:28 PM
How many pullups did you do :)?

LivinSoFree
08-08-04, 09:00 PM
15.... just a few more to go to hit those max points!

LivinSoFree
08-08-04, 09:00 PM
15.... just a few more to go to hit those max points!

HardJedi
08-08-04, 10:08 PM
Congrats! glad you made it through in one piece! now, for the HARD part ;) what's your MOS gonna be again?

LivinSoFree
08-09-04, 12:46 AM
2111- Small Arms Repair Technician (Armorer)... can't wait for MOS school!

MillRatUSMC
08-09-04, 12:48 AM
Congratulations and welcome Marine!
May fair winds drive your ship on the waters of life.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

airframesguru
08-09-04, 08:24 AM
Congrats and Semper Fi!

gwladgarwr
08-09-04, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LivinSoFree
To all, glad to be back. I graduated today from Plt. 3069, 3rd Bn, "M" Co... and I've gotta say... it feels... incredible, yet surreal, it hasn't really set in yet, except in a couple of instances... I've got a feeling it'll come with time. Any other Mike Company grads here?

Hooray! Congratulations on escaping...uh...graduating!:D

Plt 3053, M Co, 3rd Bn, graduated 22 June 2001; Senior Drill Instructor: SSgt Stokes (he was the dark green DI in the cliff-climbing USMC recruitment commercial and teased him about it when I ran into him aboard Quantico last year.)

3rd Bn had the 2nd-best chow (1st Bn had better food) but we had the cleanest chow hall and most efficient.) You know things are bad when you start rating chow halls!

If you're back or going back to school, are you ROTC and going PLC, or are you a Reservist and planning to go to MTC/SOI and MOS school later?

ftrmarinemp
08-11-04, 02:24 AM
congratulations on graduating, i ship 09062004, i was wondering how you were promoted to PFC

Booyah!
08-11-04, 06:15 PM
He could have been in a ROTC program or getting two referrals or even some college experience. From what I understand of the possibilities.

LivinSoFree
08-12-04, 12:02 AM
I had 2 of the three, actually. I was a four year NJROTC cadet in high school, plus I had a year of college plus under my belt, so it was a good deal. For now, I'm a 92-Dayer, I'll be going back to school, drilling on the weekends, and then MOS school next summer, with MCT afterwards. However, I will be aggressively pursuing officer programs, so we'll see how that goes.

On a side note, why is it that I somehow managed to dodge sick call the ENTIRE time I was on the Island, but now that I'm home, I have what I'm almost 100 percent positive is cellulitis on my elbow?! God has a sense of irony sometimes.

Caesar Augustus
08-18-04, 06:07 PM
Its called your body finally realizes it can acknowledge pain without severe consequences. Where's your MOS school? Luckily it ain't in the stumps. Your a 92 dayer. Nasty reservist haha I can say that because I'm one also. What unit are you with. Don't be surprised if you end up in the sandbox instead of school soon. Most of the 14th is headed out.

LivinSoFree
08-19-04, 03:45 PM
Small Arms Repair Technician school is in Aberdeen, MD, close enough for the 50 mile libo limit to go to Baltimore on the odd chance that I have the time. I'm with COMMCO, H&S Bn, 4th FSSG, in Greensboro, NC, they deployed already last year, so who knows what could happen next?

Caesar Augustus
08-25-04, 07:55 PM
You could go to iraq duh;)