PDA

View Full Version : Getting in touch with a friend at SOI

Gman094
08-06-04, 02:29 PM
My friend Pvt. Highsmith recently completed boot camp and has now gone off to SOI training in i believe Jacksonville, NC. I spoke to him before he left for SOI about possibly visiting him sometime on a weekend when he might have the available free time. Is there anyway for me to get in touch with him at SOI so i can coordinate my vist? He should have my contact info but im afraid it might have gotten lost or he wont get ahold of me in time. Im driving down from maine on my way to home in FL and was planning on taking a detour to see him. any help would be appreciated.

jinelson
08-06-04, 04:34 PM
Gman094, here's the link for Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune Marine Locator http://www.lejeune.usmc.mil/mcb/index.asp Go half way down the site navigation links on the left hand side and and click on Marine Locator a pop up will appear asking for last name, first name and grade - that would be PVT on the scroll. If that dosent work here is the telephone number (910) 451-3074 In case you dont know SOI is the acronym for School Of Infantry

I hope you find your Marine buddy
Jim

Gman094
10-10-04, 09:13 PM
I have a similar favor to ask again. I havent been in contact with my friend in about 2 months or so. I figure by this time he is finished with SOI and is stationed somewhere, possibly Iraq. I realize this is probably why he has been unable to contact me, but i was hoping to send him a letter or something to show my support. Is there anyway for me to find where he is stationed, and a possible mailing address for him? any help is appreciated.