PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Theory/Article on the Capture of Saddam Hussein (Long post)

PooleeWebber
08-05-04, 06:32 AM
Good morning Marines and Poolees.

After reading an article on CNN.com this morning, a certain theory I have heard about the capture of Saddam Hussein is, to me anyways, seeming more and more possible of being the truth.

This theory is that Saddam was originally, in fact, captured by the Kurds in the northern part of Iraq. (Tikrit and Mosul, two cities the coalition believed to be the most likely hiding spots for Saddam, are located in northern Iraq.) Anyways, the theory suggests the Kurds first found Saddam, and held him captive for several days. During this period, the Kurds questioned Saddam repeatedly. During the questioning, Saddam was heavily drugged in order to persuade him to give the Kurds valuable information.

Remember, the Kurds would like nothing more than to establish their own nation. As such, any information they could gain before the coalition or any Iraqi government bodies would further their cause.

After getting everything they possibly could out of Saddam, they contacted the coalition and informed them of the capture of Saddam. At this point, the Kurds could have asked for rewards - perhaps money, perhaps weapons, perhaps intelligence - who knows. After obtaining what they wanted from the coalition, the Kurds planted Saddam in a location of the coalition's choice.

Keep in mind the spot where Saddam was "captured." It was on a farm, in a rather non-hostile area. (I realize any area in Iraq could quickly turn hostile, but given the circumstances of the capture, the area seemed quite non-hostile at the time.)

The items found on the farm where Saddam was contradicted the former dictator's known personal preferences and living style in almost every way possible. I could go further into this aspect of the theory, but it is most important to note the following fact.

When Saddam was 'captured' by the coalition, he seemed very distant, bewildered, confused, and beligerant. His answers at times made no sense. His eyes had the look of a man who was out of touch with reality. All of these signs point to Saddam being under the influence of some type of drug.

If you look at pictures of Saddam shortly after his capture, you can see he clearly has no idea what is going on. Could it be because of the heavy amounts of drugs the Kurds injected into him before releasing him to the coalition provisional authority? Perhaps.

I am not arguing for this theory, or against it. I just find it very interesting, especially after reading this new article on CNN, that the more details of Saddam's capture come out, the more this theory seems to make sense.

Don't think I would rather see the Kurds get Saddam than us - if I had it my way I'd like him to be tortured to death so he could feel a slight dose of the pain he's caused for so many before he is sent to the depths of hell. In fact, he's lucky devil dogs didn't come across him first.

Please don't view this as an anti-American post, because I am as pro-American as they come, which is why I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I just find things like this to be some of the most interesting stuff in the world.

Here is the link to the CNN.com article I have been referring to.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/08/05/iraq.saddam/index.html

If you had the time to read this post, I'd love to hear what you have to say and/or think about it.

-Poolee Webber