PDA

View Full Version : Marines> Army

Kylep88
08-04-04, 09:07 PM
Most people I talk to about the Army, says they are all wimps.
They said the Marine Corps is for real men.
What do you guys think?
Personally I have no view but ya know what the ARMY stand for?

Aint
Ready To Be A
Marine
Yet

mrbsox
08-04-04, 09:46 PM
What is THEIR experience, to speak on such matters ??

Call a Ranger a wimp, and you'll likley be eating from a straw for awhile !! LOL

Real men (and women) make up their OWN minds, AFTER doing their own research, asking, learning, thinking, deciding.

Sounds like your asking, a good start. But I hope you expect a (slightly) BIASED answer :marine:

Pel
08-04-04, 11:44 PM
Meh its an honost post weve all heard it at one point or another... Most dont think of Rangers when they think of the Army... most think of the 60 crunchs, 2 pullups and 9 min mile

hrscowboy
08-05-04, 01:02 AM
damn a marine recon unit could do all that and then some ooorahhhhh.......... trust me when your done with marine corp bootcamp theres not anyone in the rangers that can hold a candle to ya....

Kylep88
08-05-04, 10:29 AM
My bro's friend thats in Afghanistan is a marine and says the rangers are a joke, they didnt even know what a IED was and they were there for months

enviro
08-05-04, 10:45 AM
Marine. CAPITAL M - a - r - i - n - e. Marine Corps. USMC. U.S. Marines. U.S. Marine Corps. The Marines. A Marine. Those Marines.

No matter how you write it, or what context it is in, Marine is always written, typed, transmitted, or spoken with a capital M.

In addition, no member of the U.S. Military is a joke. Marine Corps training is tough. It takes someone special to be a Marine. However, Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, etc... is what makes our military machine what it is today. If you think the 172,000 Marines can do it by themselves, think again. We have our mission and they have theirs. That's reality.

Now, my official statement that doesn't necessarily go along with reality is: The Army is a bunch of pansies.

Namvet67
08-05-04, 11:08 AM
All Marines feel that they are better qualified and trained (to kill) than a soldier in the army. It's a state of mind that lasts a lifetime. It's an attitude that a Marine has earned. It can work for you most of the time and it can also work against you sometimes (but a Marine don't care about that). The Marines are the best at what they do and it is known world wide what we do. However, it takes all branches of the service to come into play after the Marines have done their part (in a war). I do feel I am better but it's hard to be humble when you are a United States Marine. Semper Fi

stemperfi
08-05-04, 11:19 AM
The reason I registered for leatherneck.com was for motivating threads like this...

CAS3
08-06-04, 10:22 AM
I am a former MARINE and my boyfriend is a former Ranger. We have some pretty good conversations on the differences but if you ask him, he couldn't decide between the Corps and the army. Either way, we both did what we felt was necessary for God and Country.
The good thing is he knows what I mean when I call him a POG!! I am kidding...he isn't one but I like to raz him.

The MARINE CORPS does break you down in boot camp and build you into a MARINE. A feeling and attitude I wouldn't change. There is a reason why we are the few and the proud. You have to experience it to know.

I can't say that for the army vacation!

jryanjack
08-06-04, 02:58 PM
I generally agree that none of the services are a joke, however, some are much more humerous then others. The Air Force immediately comes to mind - I can tell you some stories about them.

Rangers are ok, they think they're better than Marines, and outside of special ops, are the only other force that can even hold a candle to the Marines, however, still, man for man, there is no one better than the Marines.

JAMarine
08-06-04, 04:05 PM
I bet I know who get 'his' butt whipped on a regular basis too. Or at least he lets you whip 'his' butt.

Nice to see ya still around Sister.

rich

Kylep88
08-06-04, 05:27 PM
Thanks guys

danjate
08-06-04, 06:16 PM
Somebody once told me that the most deadliest killing machine on this earth is a MARINE right out of boot camp. A MARINE right out of boot has it his mind that he is indistructible & he can take on the entire world by himself. I don't know about the rest of you but when I graduated from boot thats how I felt. I can guarantee that the rest of the military has no feeling what the hell that feels like.

!!!! SEMPER FI DO OR DIE !!!!

hrscowboy
08-06-04, 09:13 PM
hell i am still a devoted Marine and still have the state of mind that i am the baddest man in the world, nothing has changed for me other than a dang wheelchair and if i dont shoot your lousy ass first I will run over your ass several times with my electric wheel chair and hollar SEMPER FI as i am doing it along with ohrahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

CAR
08-06-04, 09:53 PM
Kylep88
Every service has it bada$$es, so you have to kinda look at what you want to do. Over all the Marine Corps truly is the best service bar none. It would be dishoest of me to say that the Rangers don't have good units within the Ranger Bats or that the SF guys weren't hard core, they are. But look at the services and only one gleems with pride.

You want to be in a medical field , your not for us, want to get the most money for college, again not for us, but if you want to belong to the best fighting force in the worold, USMC.

Next time you see an Army dog or Squid or Fly boy, ask them two questions: When is there service's Birthday?
Where were they founded?
Then ask a Marine about the Corps.

danjate
08-08-04, 10:32 PM
Nobody has history like the Marines,
and takes Pride in it like we do!

sushibug
08-12-04, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure why people are comparing something like Army Rangers (specialized) to an entire branch. They serve different purposes. It would be like having a mustang race a tractor.

(But as a whole, of course the Marine Corps are better! :p )