PDA

View Full Version : VEts against Kerry

CAS3
08-04-04, 12:12 PM
This site is devoted to swift boat crews from Vietnam. They is a video of the ones that served with Kerry. The message is clear.

www.swiftvets.com

airframesguru
08-04-04, 12:42 PM
Look like he went from two buddies to one.

HMMMMM

enviro
08-04-04, 12:52 PM
What's really funny is that Bush Cheney have put Kerry's acceptance speech on their website with the belief that if more American's actually see what Kerry says and does, they won't vote for him.

I think it will work.

Sparrowhawk
08-04-04, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by enviro
What's really funny is that Bush Cheney have put Kerry's acceptance speech on their website with the belief that if more American's actually see what Kerry says and does, they won't vote for him.

I think it will work.

Enviro, that is funny... LMAO

jinelson
08-04-04, 01:03 PM
airframesguru I went to the swift boat website yesterday and noticed the same thing as you - one less supporter.

Semper Fi
Jim

Sparrowhawk
08-04-04, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by jinelson
airframesguru I went to the swift boat website yesterday and noticed the same thing as you - one less supporter.

Semper Fi
Jim

...and I understand from the Bush camp, that the lone remaining swift boat supporter of Kerry is actually a Republican plant!

LMAO

d c taveapont
08-04-04, 11:52 PM
one quick comment have any of you heard about Tiger Force in Viet Nam and what THEY had committed against the people of Viet Nam..and alot of people are calling him a liar...he just might be telling the truth..about atrocities in Nam..looking forward to your posts...

TracGunny
08-05-04, 12:32 AM
d c taveapont: we suffer an affliction called being human... every war, and every "non-war" conflict has its crimes of inhumanity... look no further than American Civil-Rights "lynchings" that have taken place since North America was Discovered by Europeans 500+ years ago...

It is ugly... but NOT the norm... Sen. Kerry EXAGERATED the truth for his on gain... he is a liar greater than anything the Dems, or ivalis, can pin on Pres. Bush.

hrscowboy
08-05-04, 12:35 AM
again gentleman i dont give a rats be hind what a bunch of officers that was commanders on those swift boats i want to hear what the enlisted personnel have to say about kerry the ones that served under him is the ones i want to hear from.

MillRatUSMC
08-05-04, 12:39 AM
d c taveapont, one point, Kerry never witness these crimes.
Were atrocities committed in Vietnam?
Yes by both sides or do we forget Hue of 1968.
An atrocity to some might not be one to another.
many in Vietnam believed in reincarnation, to disturb the body right after death to them it was an atrocity.
Many took clothing or other items from the bodies of those they had shot.
That bother the Vietnamese more than the actual shooting because they thought that the souls of dead would wander the earth endlessly.
Atrocities have been part of war as long as there been wars.
A good one would be Achillies dragging the body of Hector in front of Troy.
Still my point is that John Forbes Kerry said or testified that he saw many atrocities being committed.
Now, we question how many atrocities can you witness in 4 months in Vietnam.
Many were heresay and some might have been bravo.
Many shoot from ground of comfort, but who they have done things different?
Westmoreland war of attrition and body counts led to many of these atrocities.
Than the horror of seeing men killed to what now is called IDE's.
We used to called those "booby traps" and there was no enemy in sight.
That led to many seeing all Vietnamese as the enemy.
Still its up to each individual of how he or she conducts themselves under the madness of war.
If you have walk in my shoes, than you can judge me.
How do I paint a picture of fear, anger ?
What colors do I use to color that picture?
John Forbes Kerry painted many that serve honorably as those that committed atrocities be he did not see them...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo
My service in Vietnam is between me and my God
I can live on how I conducted myself...

TracGunny
08-05-04, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
again gentleman i dont give a rats be hind what a bunch of officers that was commanders on those swift boats i want to hear what the enlisted personnel have to say about kerry the ones that served under him is the ones i want to hear from. too bad... I am an Staff-OFFICER in a Non-Commissioned Status... so I guess for you only Private through Lance Corporal opinions count, please forgive this SNCO's arrogance...

Wait a minute... you claim a blood-stripe... so your own opinion is squat?!?...

Okay, so I, too, would like to hear everyone's side of the story concerning Sen. Kerry's time in 'nam...

His performance in politics SINCE then is of more interest to me... my personal conclusion? He is NO friend of the Vietnam Vets or the Military, or anything else other than his own advancement, and will NOT get my vote...

d c taveapont
08-05-04, 12:59 AM
so why is this being brought up..The Pentagon Refused to Reopen the case against certain members of tiger force..and the only person WHO was Investigated was the person who reported it...I did read up on it and a member of T.F. said who knows just how far up the command it went and who careers it might have ended...i to did serve in Nam as a matter of fact my mos was 0351 and yet i was the sqds RTO..what kerry said was not a slap to me hell i have no guilt about doing my time incountry and thats why i feel that the so called petition against kerry is wrong...atrocities were committed by a small amount of men if you can call them that...geez the Corps had its own my-Lai..i'm not to sure but the name MIGHT be "ban mei thou.". i could be wrong about the name i;ll try to check it out..

MillRatUSMC
08-05-04, 03:06 AM
d c taveapont, did you post the below? <br />
<br />
kerry <br />
one quick comment have any of you heard about Tiger Force in Viet Nam and what THEY had committed against the people of Viet Nam..and alot of people...

MillRatUSMC
08-05-04, 08:08 AM
Must clear one point, 1st. Lt Frank Stanley Reasoner USMC was my Recon Platoon Leader when we were stationed in Hawaii pior to Vietnam.
When the 1st Marine Brigade went to Vietnam, on arriving Okinawa, many of the line or infantry companies found that they were short Non Commissioned Officers or NCO's.
Many of us in Recon were pulled to fill those needs of the line companies.
I was than a member of India 3rd Bn 4th Marines.
Our time in Vietnam was cut short dued to our tour with the 1st Marine Brigade was over.
They returned many of back CONUS.
I than returned in 1966-67 for a full 13 months tour for a grand total of 17 months in-country.
In those 17 months, I never witness any atrocity.
Was that dued to our being more disciplined than the Army?
Many in my company would take things off the bodies that we killed like belts and any other thing deemed worthy as a war trophy.
The Vietnamese would raise holy hades more about that the killing of those combatants.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

Sparrowhawk
08-06-04, 09:27 AM
again gentleman i dont give a rats be hind what a bunch of officers that was commanders on those swift boats i want to hear what the enlisted personnel have to say about kerry the ones that served under him is the ones i want to hear from.

Showing up, to support his John Kerry Political tour. I have only seen two named that now travel with him. The other served on the other boats the media now wants to discount, but those that travel with him count as good character witnesses.

Now, I don't know how many actually served on Kerry's boat, but if those two that show up with him actually served with Kerry that means we now have three swift boat mates that committed those atrocities, shot at innocent civilians, killed live stock, and burned down villiages,as Kerry testified they did.

I don't think they can cover their butts as good as they want to.

hrscowboy
08-06-04, 02:26 PM
hummmmmmmm well cook lets think this one over i have seen alot of water buffalo that where killed in the rice paddys by marines also. and i have seen innocent civilians killed or maimed because they...

Sparrowhawk
08-06-04, 02:51 PM
...i am appauled that officers of the swift boats wait all these years to finally come out with all this. if kerry is so damn worthless why didnt all this come out when he running for election as senator all the time.

I never exposed US Senator Charles Spittle Robb's (Captain USMC) lies, until he spoke before Congress and it was entered into the Congressional record that he said;

"Two Marines died in my arms," Robb stated.

Robb was running for re-election, and I could care less, if he was a Republican or a Democrat. It was a lie!

I called him several times to ask him to clarify or take out that statement from the Congressional record, because I knew it was a lie. I kept a diary in Nam, and those incidents were suppose to have happened while I was there. I was not with him on those patrols when they occurred, but he was our Company commander and we all knew what happened. we all talked about it when those things happened.

The truth was that we all felt Robb was responsible for the death of the Marines that day, because they didn't ahve to be there, but Robb wanted the glory of taking Marines through "Dodge City."

After tehy were killed, Robb said over the net; "send me some more men."

Robb would not clarify those lies and his chief of staff called me back and said Robb could not remember the names of the Marines that had died in his arms or the date.

He even wrote home telling his wife (President Johnson's daughter ) that a Marine had died in his arms, but it was a lie, and I knew it, when he did not correct it, I had 37 Marines sign a petition calling on him to correct his statement, this included his radio man, but Robb never took it back, so I released it to the press.

Now I have never been to Virginia, but my mug showed up on the front page of the Virginia pilot, and they came after me saying it was all for political reasons.

Well they can believe what they want, but like the swift boat mates, I did it to set the record straight.

In the end Robb changed his statements. what he had been saying for years, was not true. he then said, that he was there when they were killed and saw them medevac out. But he never even got close to them. Now, that's a lot different then to say a Marine died in your arms.

That statement is a very honorable experience to say one has experienced and it is not worthy of a lie for political reasons, which was one of the reasons why Robb made those statements.

I'll see if I can find that piece of news story...

Some Marines supporting the Senator called me and reminded me of Semper Fi, and I said, "Semper fi," is not for sale even to the son-in-law of a US president.

The story appeared in the Virginia Pilot, the Washington Post, the New york Times and other national papers, as well as on radio and TV. He lost his re-election bid. I don't know if what I said added to that or not, that was not the reason I did it. It was to set teh record straight, when Robb used his Vietnam Experience over another candidate that hadn't served. The other candidate was too young to have served at that tiem. Like Bush was a year behind Kerry and the war had changed, so that they were not sending more troops to Nam.

I know Robb, like Kerry called it dirty politics, but in the end Robb couldn't deny the truth when it was exposed, so he changed his statement.

Semper Fi

Cook

Sparrowhawk
08-06-04, 03:14 PM
What the Ad says;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Edwards: "If you have any question about what John Kerry is made of, just spend 3 minutes with the men who served with him."

Al French: "I served with John Kerry."

Bob Elder: "I served with John Kerry."

George Elliott: "John Kerry has not been honest about what happened in Vietnam."

Al French: "He is lying about his record."

Louis Letson: "I know John Kerry is lying about his first Purple Heart because I treated him for that injury."

Van O'Dell: "John Kerry lied to get his bronze star ... I know, I was there, I saw what happened."

Jack Chenoweth: "His account of what happened and what actually happened are the difference between night and day."

Admiral Hoffman: "John Kerry has not been honest."

Adrian Lonsdale: "And he lacks the capacity to lead."

Larry Thurlow: "When the chips were down, you could not count on John Kerry."

Bob Elder: "John Kerry is no war hero."

Grant Hibbard: "He betrayed all his shipmates ... he lied before the Senate."

Shelton White: "John Kerry betrayed the men and women he served with in Vietnam."

Joe Ponder: "He dishonored his country ... he most certainly did."

Bob Hildreth: "I served with John Kerry ...

Bob Hildreth (off-camera): John Kerry cannot be trusted."

Announcer: "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth is responsible for the content of this advertisement."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vfm
08-06-04, 06:33 PM
As far as atrocities in Nam, the war has been over for about 30 years. Have we lo0cated all of our POW/MIA's???
I don't think so.

Semper Fi!!!
vfm

thedrifter
08-06-04, 07:21 PM
SwiftVets fire back!
Letter to TV Station Managers Re Captain Elliott

Captain Elliott's affidavit

Dear Station Manager:

The Kerry Campaign has continued its effort to prevent our voice from being heard. You were presented with an article from Kerry's hometown newspaper, The Boston Globe, written by Michael Kranish, Kerry's biographer, claiming that Captain Elliott had withdrawn his affidavit and disavowed the ad. This is totally false.

Enclosed is Captain Elliott's affidavit executed this morning after the false Globe story.

Captain Elliott affirms his original affidavit; affirms his ad statement; and adds additional detail. In the ad, Captain Elliott says that Kerry was not honest about his service in Vietnam. This is indisputably true.

The use of a surprise false article to strike pending ads represents a new low in ambush journalism.

Very truly yours,

John E. O'Neill

Again, this would not be an issue had not Kerry made his 4 month tour of duty the centerpiece of his campaign -- indeed, judging by how little we heard (what was it -- 76 words?) in his acceptance speech of his career since then, he was apparently in a Rip Van WInkle-esque coma from 1971 through early 2003.

Despite the predictable caterwauling from the usual suspects, this issue is fair game. Apparently, young Kerry hoped to parlay his time in the military into a career in politics, indeed, as did his hero JFK, into the Presidency. If he did obtain two or more purple hearts under dubious circumstances, as the SwiftVets are asserting, we need to know BEFORE he takes the oath of office.

http://www.vandelay.com/2004/08/swiftvets-fire-back.html

Ellie

d c taveapont
08-06-04, 09:17 PM
and neither have they so does this make a difference. sheesh their own people buried their own where ever they were or hid out..and sometimes we buried them(VC NVA) but who can remember where...as my grand son says its OLD TIMERS gramps..yeah right..:banana:

MillRatUSMC
08-06-04, 10:36 PM
Do we or do we not post this?

http://lists.village.virginia.edu/sixties/HTML_docs/Resources/Primary/Manifestos/VVAW_Kerry_Senate.html

For those that don't have an idea of what John Forbes Kerry testified to Congress of the United States.

If you look at the "Winter Soldiers Investigation" 1st Marine Division, its unbelieable what some testified to have committed in Vietnam.
If half of this is the truth, we than would have to ask;
"Where was the leadership?"

Now, I wonder what his thoughts are after Laos and Cambodia.
Also the "Boat People"?
The other side never committed any atrocities...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
08-06-04, 10:38 PM
The truth shall set you free...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo