PDA

View Full Version : Missouri ban on gay marriage

hrscowboy
08-03-04, 10:19 PM
Missouri voters passed an ammendent to missouri"s state constitution against gay marriages where No marriage will be legal unless its between a man or woman. lets hear some thoughts on this issue..

eddief
08-03-04, 10:47 PM
I really don't care one way or the other. I just got out of a bad marriage, so my advice to the gays would be you don't want any part of this marriage BS.

yellowwing
08-04-04, 12:37 AM
My understanding of the Good Book leads me to believe that marriage is a model of God's Covenant of Man and God. On that level I cannot as a Christian support Gay marriages.

But as a businessman I support Gay marriage, in that it gives me resolution to hold accountable Gay Partners in business ventures. If George defaults on business obligations, I can still hold his legally binding and legally married partner Richard liable for debt.

hrscowboy
08-04-04, 10:18 AM
thats interesting yellowwing i had never thought of that as a businessman.

airframesguru
08-04-04, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by eddief
I really don't care one way or the other. I just got out of a bad marriage, so my advice to the gays would be you don't want any part of this marriage BS.

EddieF,

this is for you pal:

Play the video

http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/cherry_bombs/artist.jhtml

HardJedi
08-04-04, 01:46 PM
hmm I voted against the ban myself. ( obviously I live in missouri)

What the hell do I CARE what other people do in the privacy of there own home? as long as it is between two CONSENTING adults. And if two humans can find happines together, then good for them.( long as they don't try and push it off on me or grab my butt)

Sgted
08-04-04, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by HardJedi
hmm I voted against the ban myself. ( obviously I live in missouri)

What the hell do I CARE what other people do in the privacy of there own home? as long as it is between two CONSENTING adults. And if two humans can find happines together, then good for them.( long as they don't try and push it off on me or grab my butt)

Ditto....
I'm tired of hearing about the "sanctidy" of marrage in this country. With a near 50% divorce rate it's obvious that marrage is not so sanctimonious to a whole hell of alot of people.
Add to that the fast growing rate of single, unmarried mothers and it adds up to alot of hype to deny a segment of our society equal rights. Note that I said EQUAL not EXTRA rights.
Most all of what homosexuals do in this society has no effect on me.
If I marry, and I commit myself to my wife I am in no danger from married gays.
I gave 6 1/2 years of my life (and continue to give) to assure equal treatment to all in America.

radio relay
08-04-04, 02:46 PM
I think that has interesting implications, vis a vis the upcoming Presidential election. Isn't Missouri, a socalled "battleground" state? Seems they're leaning conservative.

I also don't really give a hoot in hell as to who lives with, or marries, who. I just care about who lives with, and marries me ( i.e. any woman who falls for my line of BS. Current wife included :) ). I'm not religious, nor a businessman, and don't believe in sticking my nose in other peoples' business. However, if I had to vote, I'd vote against gay marriage, because it just seems to go against the natural order of things.

hrscowboy
08-04-04, 03:16 PM
hardjedi you amaze son. you have the world 1 memorial right in your own back yard and a beautiful park surrounds that memorial and all that seems to hang in that area is nothing but gay people. I have a real problem with that when i want to take my grandchildren to a beautiful park and have to see that kind of s**t going on. What they do in there own homes is fine but i have a real problem with it out in public. and as far as one of them grabin my butt they better get ready for worse cowboy stompin they ever had in there lives.

HardJedi
08-04-04, 04:16 PM
hey I SAID what they do in their OWN HOMES. not a big fan of ANY type of displays of affection in public

hrscowboy
08-04-04, 04:20 PM
hahahaha i knew that would rattle ya..