PDA

View Full Version : Teresa Heinz Kerry deserves her own thread. LOL

Sparrowhawk
07-27-04, 09:16 PM
Before Marring John Kerry had said, she would rather be a Nun in a carnival then a Democrat.

'I DON'T TRUST TED KENNEDY'; DEMOCRATS 'PUTRID'

A historic bombshell interview has surfaced of Teresa Heinz Kerry ripping Ted Kennedy and the Democrat political machine!

http://news.bostonherald.com/images/localRegional/heinzkerryb07262004.jpg

Teresa Heinz Kerry, center, greets supporters at the Pennsylvania delegate reception in the Massachusetts Statehouse, Sunday in Boston. (AP photo)

Teresa's Ted K tirade
By David R. Guarino/ Herald exclusive
Read Guarino's Road to Boston Blog
Monday, July 26, 2004

Teresa Heinz Kerry, years before becoming a Democrat, railed against the party's ``putrid'' politics, said she didn't trust Sen. Edward M. Kennedy [related, bio] and angrily called the liberal lion a ``perfect bastard.''

In comments published in a little-known 1975 book about political wives called ``The Power Lovers: An Intimate Look at Politicians and Their Marriages,'' Heinz Kerry lashed out at the senator she'll share the primetime convention stage with tonight.

``I know some couples who stay together only for politics,'' Heinz Kerry said at the time. ``If Ted Kennedy holds on to that marriage (to ex-wife Joan) just for the Catholic vote, as some people say he does, then I think he's a perfect bastard.''

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/heinzkennedy.jpg

Heinz Kerry, then married to Republican Sen. H. John Heinz III of Pennsylvania, said she ``didn't trust'' President Richard M. Nixon but added, ``Ted Kennedy I don't trust either.''

The combustible and ever-quotable Heinz Kerry said of Democrats, ``The Democratic machine in this country is putrid.'' Excerpts of the comments appeared in The Boston Herald American in January 1976.

Coming a day after Heinz Kerry was caught on camera telling a reporter to ``shove it'' when the reporter questioned her on statements made in a Boston speech, the remarks could undercut Democrats' ability to showcase a positive message at the convention.

Kennedy's office dismissed the comments as water under the bridge and said the two get along famously now _ regardless of what Heinz Kerry has said in the past.

``Over the years, Sen. and Mrs. Kennedy and John Kerry [related, bio] and Teresa Heinz Kerry have developed a deep friendship and strong mutual respect,'' Kennedy spokesman David Smith said in a statement to the Herald.

``A 30-year-old quote dug up by the Republican attack machine made long before they became friends is irrelevant.''

Heinz Kerry's spokeswoman also said the quotes' age makes them irrelevant.

``You are talking about statements that are more than 30 years old. A lot has changed since then,'' said Marla Romash, a senior adviser to Heinz Kerry.

But it isn't the first time quotes have emerged in which Heinz Kerry targets the legendary Bay State senator.

In an interview with The Washington Post in 1971, Heinz Kerry declared, ``Ted Kennedy I don't trust, like I don't trust Nixon, although I think Nixon's done a helluva lot better than I thought he would.''

Just last year, Heinz Kerry said she regretted the comments she had made to the Post regarding Kennedy.

Romash noted the number of times Heinz Kerry has campaigned with Kennedy and said Victoria Reggie Kennedy will host a luncheon for Heinz Kerry this afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts.

``There's a very good relationship now,'' Romash said.

She said Heinz Kerry stood by her comments about the Democratic machine, saying state Democratic parties in New Jersey and Pennsylvania at the time were ``a big problem,'' Romash said.

``I think there are a lot of people who would say there were problems in state parties in Pennslyvania and New Jersey,'' Romash said. ``Those problems don't exist anymore.''

The interview was published today in the BOSTON HERALD, (http://news.bostonherald.com/dncConvention/view.bg?articleid=37308) the newspaper originally ran the session with a then Republican Teresa Heinz.

Sparrowhawk
07-27-04, 09:19 PM
By Andrew Miga and David R. Guarino
Wednesday, July 21, 2004

On a damp May night on Nantucket nine years ago, John F. Kerry [related, bio] and Teresa Heinz exchanged wedding vows in a small civil ceremony at Heinz's oceanfront home.

The lanky senator's new bride was one of the world's leading philanthropists, beneficiary to a ketchup fortune estimated at beyond $500 million.

The senator's net worth on his wedding day was about $150,000, according to a former aide.

It was a lopsided union - at least financially.

But old friends and political pals say the marriage gave Kerry more than just financial stability. It gave him personal stability, mellowing the hard-charging Bay State senator and lending an emotional ballast to the free-wheeling style Kerry had picked up since he returned to bachelorhood 13 years before.

Kerry's days of philandering with starlets were over.

But also banished were the years of tight finances, hitting up real estate barons for cut-rate apartments and sweating rent checks to maintain residences in Boston and Washington.

Teresa Heinz - she didn't take the senator's name until it was on a presidential primary ballot - was earthy, outspoken and passionate about environmentalism and public health.

She wore an easy sophistication, a North African by birth who was devoted to using her wealth as a means to make the world a better place.

She immediately countered Kerry's cool, aloof persona.

``When you live with someone, you adapt,'' Heinz Kerry told The New York Times this year. ``With my late husband, we were both kids, young, so you grow up together.

``With John, there were two adults. I had my baggage, my wounds, my hurts, he had his. The only difference is I came from having been married a long time, 25 years successfully married, and John had been 12 years alone. He had to learn how to share some things which he probably never thought he had to share.''

The wealth Kerry married into was mind-boggling - even for someone born into privilege as a distant Forbes family relation.

Today, Kerry and his wife own five opulent homes - in Idaho, Beacon Hill, Georgetown, Nantucket and Fox Chapel, Pa. - worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $33 million.

Teresa Heinz Kerry jets across the country in her own private jet and has a bevy of staffers to run a $1.2 billion foundation with a global reach.

Kerry has found himself on the defensive when asked on the campaign trail how, given the vast wealth he and his wife control, he can relate to the struggles of average Americans.

The senator responds by noting it is not where people come from that counts, it's what's in their hearts and the values they care about that really matter.

Kerry's campaign also has stressed how, despite his elite background, public service has been the core of Kerry's life - from volunteering for combat duty in Vietnam to serving as Middlesex prosecutor and then at the State House and on Capitol Hill.

Kerry's wedding to one of the world's richest women seemed to energize him as his 1996 re-election contest with then-Bay State Gov. William F. Weld neared and the race began to draw national attention.

The senator's commanding performance in seven televised debates tipped the balance against Weld, a formidable foe, cementing Kerry's image as a tough comeback campaigner.

``That was a world-class race,'' said veteran Democratic political consultant Michael Shea, who prepped Kerry for those debates. ``Republicans crawled all over him, but he summoned something in himself to win it. It put him on a track to the White House.''

Kerry also had tapped $1.7 million in personal wealth for campaign loans and loan security that enabled him to go toe-to-toe with Weld on the TV airwaves with hard-hitting commercials.

After the Weld race, Kerry soon set his eyes on the presidency.

He nearly developed labor pains mulling a 2000 White House bid for months, debating endlessly with aides and allies before finally pulling the plug.

Months later, during a tortuous midsummer wait, he narrowly missed the cut to serve as Al Gore's running mate - a blessing in disguise as it turned out, leaving him unencumbered to make his own White House bid.

As Kerry launched his 2004 bid, his wife warned that if a rival made personal attacks against him, she would tap her vast personal wealth to respond.

Under federal campaign law, she can fund her own independent TV ads, so-called ``issues ads,'' as long as they are not part of the Kerry campaign.

``Would I take it lying down?'' she said of potential personal attacks against Kerry during a Herald interview last year. ``My hunch is I would not.''

During the bruising 2004 presidential primary race, Kerry again turned to his personal wealth, using the Louisburg Square townhome he co-owns with his wife to loan his presidential campaign $6 million in seed money.

The money helped Kerry turn the corner in the primaries.

Depending on how the fall race goes, the $6 million loan could be perhaps the shrewdest financial move Kerry has ever made.

thedrifter
07-27-04, 09:21 PM
Look of Love....;) <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Op-Ed <br />
The Washington Times <br />
July 26, 2004

Sparrowhawk
07-27-04, 09:51 PM
Does Teresa Heinz Trust John Kerry?
If not, why should we?
By Timothy Noah
Posted Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2003, at 5:12 PM PT

If Teresa Heinz won't trust presidential candidate John Kerry with her money, why should American voters trust Kerry with their country?

Teresa Heinz and Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., were married in 1995. Kerry's assets at the time were a few million dollars. Heinz's assets at the time were reportedly around half a billion dollars, which she'd inherited from her late husband, Sen. John Heinz, R-Pa., heir to the ketchup fortune. Unlike many other married couples, Heinz and Kerry kept their premarital assets separate. Much of Teresa Heinz's inheritance was no doubt tied up in trusts, but a substantial sum must have been unencumbered, because she had Sen. Kerry sign a prenuptial agreement. "Everybody has a prenup," Heinz explained to Lisa DiPaulo, who profiled her sympathetically in Ellie (http://www.elle.com/article.asp?section_id=36&article_id=2340&page_number=1&preview=&magind=).

You have to have a prenup. You've got three kids with somebody else, you've got to have a prenup. You could be as generous or as sensitive as you want. But you have to have a prenup.

By all accounts, Teresa Heinz had no interest in becoming first lady during her 25-year marriage to John Heinz (who died in a 1991 plane crash). "Over my dead body," she told John. Apparently she spent the first seven years of her marriage to John Kerry telling him the same thing. According to a Nov. 30 profile by Maeve Reston in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "It was only last year that she says she changed her mind and told Kerry she would support his decision to run."

This narrative acquired more than sentimental interest a couple of weeks ago after Kerry decided to follow Howard Dean's lead and opt out of public financing for the Democratic primaries. Because Kerry has lost his early fundraising lead to Dean, he will have to dig into his own personal funds to finance his campaign. This will likely include borrowing against his assets and those he shares with his wife, who now goes by the name "Teresa Heinz Kerry," which include their $10 million house on Boston's fancy Louisberg Square. In addition, Heinz Kerry told Benjamin Weiser and Todd S. Purdum of the New York Times that she'd consider making independent expenditures on his behalf if she felt his opponents were attacking him unfairly. "I think that is a First Amendment right in America for me," she told them. "I have that right. But that's a serious thing to do. It has to be really legitimate."

An independent expenditure campaign, though, would almost certainly violate federal campaign law. "Under the Federal Election Commission's rules, you cannot have access to the candidate's strategies and plans," Trevor Potter, former chairman of the Federal Election Commission and chairman of the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center, explained to Chatterbox. The FEC defines "independent expenditure" as

an expenditure by a person for communication expressly advocating the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate that is not made in cooperation, consultation, or concert with, or at the request or suggestion of, a candidate, a candidate's authorized committee, or their agents, or a political party committee or its agents.

In Heinz Kerry's case, such an expenditure would be impossible to square with Glen Johnson's observation in the Nov. 21 Boston Globe that Heinz Kerry "displayed an intimate knowledge not only of the inner workings of her husband's campaign, but of the overall 2004 race."

What if Heinz Kerry tore up her prenup and put Kerry's name on all deeds, titles, and bank accounts permitted by the terms of her inheritance? Wouldn't her money then be community property, and therefore Kerry's own personal funds as well? "It's too late," Potter told Chatterbox. The FEC defines "personal funds" as

(1) Any assets which, under applicable state law, at the time he or she became a candidate [italics Chatterbox's], the candidate had legal right of access to or control over, and with respect to which the candidate had either:

(i) Legal and rightful title, or

(ii) An equitable interest.

(2) Salary and other earned income from bona fide employment; dividends and proceeds from the sale of the candidate's stocks or other investments; bequests to the candidate; income from trusts established before candidacy; income from trusts established by bequest after candidacy of which the candidate is the beneficiary; gifts of a personal nature which had been customarily received prior to candidacy [italics Chatterbox's]; proceeds from lotteries and similar legal games of chance.

The only way Heinz Kerry could now give substantial money to Kerry's campaign would be to tear up her prenup and kill herself.

This leads us to the inevitable question of whether these circumstances could have been foreseen by Teresa Heinz Kerry—if not when she married John Kerry, then anytime prior to his entry into the 2004 presidential race. Back then, she could have transferred assets for him to tap in his campaign. At the very least, she could have established a pattern of making substantial monetary "gifts of a personal nature" so that she could legally continue this practice after he became a candidate. But she didn't. Even the prenup seems less than entirely necessary when you consider Heinz Kerry's age—she's 65—and the near-certainty that her children's future prosperity is well protected by trust funds set up long before John Heinz's death. While it's probably true that most very rich people prefer to draw up prenups before they marry, not all of them do. Paul McCartney, for instance, reportedly declined his second wife Heather Mills' offer to sign one.

Teresa Heinz Kerry has often been portrayed in the press as a ditz, but in fact she is an extremely bright and accomplished woman. (Has any other candidate's wife been asked to testify before Congress on pension policy?) It simply can't have escaped her notice, when she married John Kerry, that he was going to run for president someday. It was obvious to Morley Safer thirty-two years ago, when he interviewed Kerry, then a prominent activist against the Vietnam war—in which Kerry had served—for 60 Minutes. ("Do you want to be president of the United States?" Safer asked. "No," Kerry replied. "That's such a crazy question when there are so many things to be done and I don't know whether I could do them.") To be sure, Kerry had every expectation, heading into the 2004 race, that he was going to lead the pack in fund raising, which he did for awhile. But Heinz Kerry has been around politics long enough to know that a presidential candidate can't count on anything. And she had the example of George W. Bush's nomination race in 2000 before her to show that presidential candidates don't always stay within the limits imposed by public financing.

Heinz Kerry must have had some inkling that the day might come when her second husband would need her money. And knowing that, she didn't make it available. That doesn't make her a bad wife. But it does raise a disconcerting question for voters. If Teresa Heinz Kerry won't give John Kerry the keys to the car, why should we?

Timothy Noah writes "Chatterbox" for Slate.

thedrifter
07-27-04, 10:07 PM
Theresa Heinz Kerry: You pay taxes, I don't

Gerard Jackson
BrookesNews.Com
Monday 19 July 2004

Theresa Heinz Kerry likes taxes so much she thinks the little people should pay even more. She doesn't put it like that, of course. But what is one to think when the "sexy" Theresa Heinz Kerry supports increased taxes for others while drastically slashing her own taxes.

Several months ago I was discussing Theresa Heinz Kerry and her fortune with a friend who had personal experience in that particular field. He reckoned that her assets were yielding an annual average return of at least 8 per cent. Well bless my soul, her latest financial reports reveal she is now worth from $1 billion to $3.2 billion.

This means that Mrs Theresa Heinz Kerry has, at the very least, doubled her wealth since 1994, amply confirming my friend's assessment of the return on her capital. Assuming assets of $1 billion, the lowest estimate of her fortune, then an 8 per cent return would yield a cool $80 million for the year.

Yet Theresa Heinz Kerry put her hand on her heart and declared with the kind of sincerity that only a bleeding heart Democrat has the nerve to muster that she only earned $5.1 million for 2003. Of this $5.1 million she paid $750,000 in taxes. This is an effective income tax rate of 14.76 per cent — or is it?

If her actual income for that year was $80 million then her effective tax rate plummets to a ludicrous 0.938 per cent! But is this really possible? It sure as hell is.

The vast majority of Americans are unaware that the Byzantine tax code with its labyrinth of loopholes has made income taxes for the super rich like Theresa Heinz Kerry largely optional.

The two major tax loopholes that Theresa Heinz Kerry could exploit to drastically reduce her taxable income are trusts and 'charities'.

Income can be sheltered in trusts where it remains untouched by taxation until it is spent. In the meantime the value of the trusts continues to rise. 'Charities' are also a favourite dodge of the leftist elite.

When most people think of charities they imagine orphanages, school grants, medical foundations, etc. However, in the leftist world of the likes of Theresa Heinz Kerry leftwing political organisations also count as charities. For example, using the Heinz Family Philanthropies and the infamous Tides Foundation, she has been able to channel tax-free funds into anti-American, anti-Israel and even pro-terrorist groups. (One of the beneficiaries of her largess, the Ruckus Society, is planning to disrupt the GOP's New York convention).

That Theresa Heinz Kerry has deliberately circumvented the law in the name of charity in order to finance these vicious groups is in itself an immoral act, and one that bears investigating by the IRS.

However, what we are dealing with here is her attitude toward paying taxes. I am not going to argue that by minimising her taxes she behaved immorally. What is immoral about her actions is her support for higher taxes for the little people while she drastically reduces her own tax liabilities.

Critics will claim that her tax shenanigans have nothing to do with her husband. Balderdash. She is not only helping to fund his campaign she also shares his views on taxes, especially when it comes to not paying them.

Massachusetts residents are given a limited choice every year on how much to pay in income taxes. The state's top rate was 5.8 per cent before being lowered to 5.3 per cent. Since 2001 residents have been able to choose between the old rate and the lower one. John Kerry chose the low rate.

Additionally, it has been reported that last year John Kerry proposed tax legislation that created a loophole specifically designed to benefit Heinz Foods Co. and therefore his wife.

Yet Theresa Heinz Kerry and her hubby have got the nerve to categorise those who reach the $200,000 earnings bracket as rich. So rich, in fact, that Kerry would raise their taxes. Now consider the morality of a woman who has used loopholes to enjoy an effective tax rate of 14.76 per cent, or maybe even 0.938 per cent, rooting for a 30 per or more effective tax rate for people whose net worth is a tiny fraction of one per cent of her own fortune.

Bear in mind that these potential victims of political spite are also denied the tax loopholes that this woman has shrewdly exploited, despite the fact that it takes them a year to earn what her investments probably yield in a day.

The taxes that Theresa Heinz Kerry supports are taxes on capital, which amounts to taxes on economic growth. Without growth high-paying jobs will gradually disappear, social mobility will shrink and poverty will spread. What Theresa Heinz Kerry is attempting to do is strike at Americans' aspirations and future prosperity.

Any wonder I now believe that wealthy persons should not be allowed any say in raising taxes unless they themselves are prepared to reduce their own standard of living to the same level as those upon whom they propose to increase the tax burden.

Theresa Heinz Kerry is not alone in her hypocrisy: Teddy Kennedy, Corzine, Frank Lautenberg, etc., are right up there with her. Theresa reminds me of the moronic and filthy rich Edwin Janss, founder of the leftwing Janss Foundation, who said that "when the revolution came, the houses of his neighbours would be people's palaces". Naturally, his house would be the exception.

http://www.brookesnews.com/theresa_heinz_kerry.html

Ellie

thedrifter
07-28-04, 07:17 PM
All about Teresa <br />
July 28th, 2004 <br />
<br />
<br />
Teresa Heinz Kerry made it through her unprecedented speech at the Democratic National Convention without losing control of her famous temper, losing her place...

thedrifter
07-28-04, 07:18 PM
Speaking of Hillary, the cameras caught only a couple of glimpses of her in cutaway crowd shots. She did not look pleased. In fact, it looked as though her eyes were shooting death rays at Teresa. She may declare her loyalty to the ticket, but I would wager a substantial sum that behind the scenes, she will do everything she can to defeat the billionairess who could displace her as the most important woman in the Democratic Party. Hillary has always chafed at the humble economic status into which she was born. To have a rival endowed with endless, unearned wealth may be more than she can handle.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3707

Ellie

CAR
07-28-04, 10:18 PM
There is just too much to respond to. I can only hold my temper for so long before I explode. ... But let me say this-

My favorite comment from T.H.K. was- if we elect Kerry, we will beable to reverse the "global warming" (fictitious ) with the help of mother earth.... WOW Kerry can do everything- truly a superior being. Thank God we found him.

Man can any more bull be spewd from this damn convention.

Sparrowhawk
07-29-04, 09:41 PM
This morning’s NY Post editorial exposes the financial link between John Kerry’s wife and Peaceful Tomorrows, a small group of anti-war relatives of September 11 victims. Members of Peaceful...

radio relay
07-29-04, 11:01 PM
That gal is truly a bonafide nutcase!

Refers to herself as an African American, and oozes effete snobbery. You think Hilary, was a b!tch? Terreaeaeza, could have Hilary, for lunch!

Man, this DNC has been really, really stupid. I thought I was watching a football game, as they introduced the team, then realized it was just his boat crew. 10, or so, effin' swabbies, and a doggie they found bobbing in the Mekong... good crew... should get their boy elected... Holy crapola!

Then they wheel in the legless guy, and the freak show rolls on, as Candleface makes his glorious entrance. Is it a Fellini movie, or a Dick Tracey comic strip that's horribly out of control?!?!?

thedrifter
07-31-04, 11:08 AM
How The Cookie Crumbles

You might have missed this, but a few days ago Teresa revealed on National Public Radio that the recipe she submitted to Family Circle magazine for its election year cookie bake-off was not hers.

Mrs. Heinz Kerry had originally submitted a recipe called Yummy Wonders, but, according to Family Circle, its test kitchen said the recipe did not work. When the magazine called her press office and asked if there had been a mistake, the press office sent the pumpkin cookie recipe without consulting her, said her press secretary, Marla Romash.

Whether she would have fessed up had the cookies been tasty is a matter that the historians will have to resolve.

I'm sure there are those who regard playing fast and loose with cookie recipes as of great/no (take your choice) importance, but what may be of some significance is the hint of an underlying paranoid style that pops up from time to time around Kerry's inner circle. Consider:

In an interview on National Public Radio that was broadcast yesterday, the cookies came up in conversation and in the direct, unvarnished style that people have come to expect, Mrs. Heinz Kerry said: "Somebody at my office gave that recipe out and, in fact, I think somebody really made it on purpose to give a nasty recipe. I never made pumpkin cookies; I don't like pumpkin spice cookies."

Direct, unvarnished ... blame of others (in this case her own staff) for attempting to bring her down.

This is not pretty, but it's also not unique. Remember Kerry's response after his skiing, er, accident?

When asked a moment later about the incident by a reporter on the ski run, Kerry said sharply, "I don't fall down," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over." [The alleged son of a ***** was the Secret Service agent protecting Kerry at the time.]

And now they've done it again. Did you see the pictures of Kerry in the funny looking "bunny suit" on his recent NASA visit? A "dirty trick," said his campaign. (Link via InstaPundit).

There was no "dirty trick" behind the photographs of Sen. John Kerry wearing the blue anti-contamination suit while touring the shuttle Discovery on Monday.

As political pundits and comedians pounced on the pictures of Kerry in what outsiders might deem a goofy-looking costume, the senator's campaign aides alleged the pictures were not supposed to be released publicly.

Not true, said NASA. Government photographers routinely snap pictures of visiting dignitaries.

Furthermore, NASA spokesman Bill Johnson said the Kerry campaign asked that the pictures be taken of the senator's unusually up-close tour of the Discovery and that processing be expedited so reporters could have them.

The pictures have prompted chuckles and jokes among political pundits covering the Democratic National Convention in Boston because, to people unfamiliar with shuttle operations, the head-to-toe light-blue suits look goofy.

No, what looks goofy, even mildly paranoid, is this habit of attributing everything that goes a bit wrong to the "dirty tricks" of others, presumably the all-powerful and ubiquitous "Republican attack machine" whose tentacles extend from NASA all the way into Teresa's kitchen.

Ellie

Lock-n-Load
07-31-04, 04:05 PM
:marine: 'Hawk....The report was accurate but McNickle had the last word which the media censored...another on the scene's mike recorded the tet for tat and sent it to the Howie Carr talk radio show...Howie is virulently vs Kerry and Kennedy...Howie aired the terse conversation and when dogface Heinz-Kerry told the interviewer, "To shove it"...McNickle responded to her, "You Suck"....is that stones...I tell you...is that stones or what!!! Semper Fi:marine:

Sparrowhawk
07-31-04, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Lock-n-Load
:...when dogface Heinz-Kerry told the interviewer, "To shove it"...McNickle responded to her, "You Suck"....

Humm, I wonder if that's how she got all that money!

I'm gona go sit in the corner, for that one...LOL

Sparrowhawk
08-03-04, 06:28 AM
'Shove it' still reverberating
By Jennifer Harper
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

Teresa Heinz Kerry's "shove it" phrase to a Pittsburgh editor was the most cited Kerry campaign message in the press last week — mentioned 381 times in American publications, according to Factiva, a Dow Jones/Reuters company that tracks daily press mentions.
But the two words also brought death threats, insults and accusations upon Colin McNickle, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review editorial-page editor who vexed Mrs. Kerry by asking her to explain her claim that "un-American traits" were emerging in politics.

"I have learned about the power of a simple question," Mr. McNickle said from his office in Pittsburgh yesterday, adding, "But no reporter should ever be afraid to ask a question."
Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign mottos did not resonate with the press, according to Factiva. "One America" got 57 mentions, "Hope is on the way," 50 mentions and "America can do better" just 21 by week's end.
Mr. McNickle, however, was demonized after his July 25 exchange with Mrs. Kerry was caught on videotape by a local TV station, then picked up by the news channels and replayed endlessly.
"What did you mean?" Mr. McNickle asked the wife of the Democratic presidential candidate after she told Pennsylvania delegates that "un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits" were sullying politics.
Mrs. Kerry denied she had used the phrase, then snapped, "You said something I didn't say. Now shove it."
Last night, Mrs. Kerry's bluntness was on display again. A Bush supporter was chanting "Four more years! Four more years!" through a bullhorn at a Wisconsin rally while Mrs. Kerry was speaking. She departed from her text to say: "They want four more years of hell."
Mr. Kerry gave her a long hug and a big smile when she finished speaking. "She speaks her mind, and she speaks the truth," the candidate said.
In the aftermath of the "shove it," Mr. Kerry supported his wife, as did the Democratic National Committee, which called Mr. McNickle's paper "a right-wing rag," and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York.
Mr. McNickle denied he had been rude.
"I didn't bully her. I didn't set her up. She stumbled all by herself," he said. "She began her remarks about her husband's vision, then went off on a tangent."
But Mr. McNickle swiftly became the target of partisan ire, inspired by what he termed the "DNC's liberal attack machine."
In hundreds of e-mails and telephone calls to his office and home, and even on the street, Mr. McNickle's life was threatened. He was called a "Nazi" and a variety of obscene names, and had death wished upon him.
In a Boston Globe interview, singer Patti LaBelle advised Mrs. Kerry to "pimp slap" Mr. McNickle; liberal columnist Molly Ivins suggested he had inappropriately "touched" Mrs. Kerry; and former Baltimore Sun columnist Jack Germond told CNN that Mr. McNickle "was not a legitimate newspaperman."
He responded in a Tribune-Review column Sunday, explaining he was only seeking an example of "un-American traits" from Mrs. Kerry, but "I got a finger in the face and was told to 'shove it.' I have been told worse things by more important people."
A mention of Mr. McNickle's column in Editor & Publisher was picked up by the Drudge Report yesterday, ultimately reversing the firestorm of criticism, Mr. McNickle said.
"Today, I got 1,700 e-mails in four hours, most supportive, saying I'd done a good job," Mr. McNickle said.
"But you know what?" he pointed out. "Mrs. Kerry never answered my question."

Sparrowhawk
08-03-04, 06:35 AM
Editor in 'Shove It' Incident Shoves Back

By E&P Staff

Published: August 02, 2004 12:01 AM EST

NEW YORK Colin McNickle, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review staffer asked by Teresa Heinz Kerry to "shove it" last Sunday, now contends that in the aftermath of that widely-reported incident liberals "did their best to demonize not only me but the Trib."

The Tribune-Review, owned by Richard Mellon Scaife, was often accused last week of being a right-wing "rag," McNickle complained in a Sunday column, and this was "vomited repeatedly by liberal media elitists."

Heinz Kerry, he added, "publicly impugned my personal and professional integrity" and allegedly equated his behavior with "McCarthyism." McNickle also lashed out at the negative reactions of everyone from singer Patti Labelle to columnist Jack Germond and filmmaker Michael Moore. He said he had received hate mail and death threats.

As editorial page editor and columnist at his newspaper, McNickle has often harshly criticized the Kerrys.

As for the "shove it" remark: "I have been told worse things by more important people," he said.

Sparrowhawk
08-04-04, 04:08 PM
Multilingual Coalition
August 2, 2004; Page A10

A friend of ours notes that of the five languages that Teresa Heinz Kerry spoke during her speech to the Democratic convention last week, four belong to countries that were part of the original coalition that liberated Iraq. She spoke Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, English and French -- the last being the Iraq exception.

We report this small irony because one of the convention's main themes was that the U.S. has "walk[ed] away from our allies," as Bill Clinton put it. But it seems the former President is defining diplomacy down by suggesting that only France and Germany qualify as "allies." Close to 100 countries are working with Washington in the broader war on terror, including sharing intelligence, following the terrorists' money trail and, yes, in some cases dispatching their militaries. Twenty countries have troops in Afghanistan, including some serving under Nato's flag.

Thirty-three nations currently are part of the U.S.-led military coalition in Iraq. And Nato announced Friday that a multinational advance team would leave for Baghdad as soon as possible to begin training Iraqi troops. Some disparage these contributions as token, but many U.S. partners have sealed their commitments in blood.

As of the beginning of last week, there were 1,029 coalition deaths in Iraq: 908 Americans, 61 Britons, six Bulgarians, one Dane, one Dutchman, one Estonian, one Hungarian, 19 Italians, one Latvian, one Pole, one Salvadoran, three Slovaks, 11 Spaniards, two Thai and seven Ukrainians. We'd certainly call them allies.

thedrifter
08-05-04, 07:37 AM
How do you solve a problem like Teresa?
August 4th, 2004

“Isn’t she great?” said candidate Kerry in Milwaukee, following the “four more years of hell” remark of his wife Teresa. Lawyer Kerry surely knows that, technically speaking, he is asking a question, not necessarily paying a compliment. “And by the way, how great was Teresa Heinz Kerry last night?” said running mate Edwards to the Democratic National Convention. Another lawyer asking another question, masquerading as a compliment.

Teresa Heinz, as she still formally calls herself, (“Teresa Heinz Kerry” is her self-described “political name”) has emerged as a problem for the Kerry-Edwards campaign. Her husband, who advertises his diplomatic skills as a principal selling point, may have a point. Handling his wife’s tendency to run her mouth faster than her brain might well make taming Jacques Chirac seem like child’s play.

By now, it is clear that the widow Heinz has issues. Her speech at the convention made clear that she feels her opinions are the Rodney Dangerfield of political thought:

"My right to speak my mind, to have a voice, to be what some have called "opinionated," is a right I deeply and profoundly cherish. My only hope is that, one day soon, women- who have all earned the right to their opinions-instead of being labeled opinionated, will be called smart or well-informed, just as men are."

So exactly who is it that does pay adequate obeisance to the depths of her profundity?

Certainly not the recipients of the largesse of her foundation! The scholars, bureaucrats, and activists whose livelihood depends on the charity of the wealthy of necessity learn the arts of flattery, most especially the feigning of an appreciation for the insightfulness of their patrons.

Certainly not the Democrat activists, whose applause fuels her perception that she has a lot to say. Few chemical substances are as intoxicating as the lusty cheers of a large crowd. And Teresa shows every sign of addiction. The campaign schedule is her pusher, supplying large doses at increasing frequency.

To be sure, those mean Republicans, and the “right wing press” are at times less than overwhelmed with her depth. And, as her “shove it!” remark to an editorialist shows, these comments rankle. It is not enough for Teresa to receive approval. The fact that she broke away from her handlers to return to her journalistic antagonist reveals the depth of her anger toward those who deign to criticize.

She apparently needs not mere approval, but also an absence of criticism, in order to feel good about herself.

Which raises the possibility that there is another source of resentment, one much closer to home. Who among us, even recidivist professional spouses of wealthy heiresses, can supply pure approval, unalloyed by the slightest hint of criticism, within the marital relationship?

Body language often speaks volumes about the inner state of a person. And Teresa manifests some very interesting body language with her spousal interactions. During her husband’s speeches, she frequently looks bored and distracted. And when he reaches out to her in an affectionate manner, she is often as not seen to stiffen, resist, or reject his advances. If you don’t believe me, watch their appearances yourself, as the campaign unfolds. Or take a look at this or this photo of the boat ride which preceded her “years of hell” ejaculation.

Assume for a moment that Teresa is as full of resentment as she appears. What can the campaign do about it?

Not much, it appears. Teresa has them right where she wants them.

Any hint of discord from her would seriously damage the campaign. Cajoling resentful billionaires into changing their ways is not an easy task. They are used to getting their way, after all, and used to the approval of those who serve them. And, when you are a billionaire, nearly everybody your run into does serve you. It is habit-forming.

Teresa also clearly enjoys crowds, and believes that her native intelligence and distinctive life experience endow her with many insights to share. And the daily flow of campaign events supplies her with rewarding opportunities to broaden her horizons, as well, such as discovering the hitherto unknown culinary delights of the dish known as chili.

So, how does one solve a problem like Teresa?

The answer, I am afraid, is that one hones the diplomatic skills of accommodation, flattery, manipulation, and operating from a position of overt strength, disguising the underlying reality of dependence.

These are exceedingly valuable skills, however. Do not scoff at them. They actually prepare a candidate well for a position of top political leadership.

But not leadership of the United States. France is more like it.

Should John F. Kerry’s quest for the White House prove elusive, there is always the Elysee Palace to shoot for. After all, he is partially of French stock, has a first cousin living in France, and seems to be quite popular there. And the French are quite accepting of the notion that one’s wife need not define or limit the life of a political leader.

Thomas Lifson

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3726

Ellie

thedrifter
08-06-04, 05:47 AM
Teresa's free ride

The time has long past for Teresa Heinz Kerry to end the free ride she has been enjoying ever since she used her immense inherited wealth for the second time in less than eight years to resuscitate her husband's faltering political career. She needs to reveal the details of her finances, which Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry has deftly exploited to his maximum political benefit — first during his tightly contested 1996 Senate race and then during this year's Democratic presidential primaries and caucuses.
In May, Mrs. Heinz Kerry accused Vice President Cheney of being "unpatriotic." This week she asserted that enthusiasts for Bush-Cheney "want four more years of hell." Fair enough. But if Mrs. Heinz Kerry insists on simultaneously playing the three roles of "sugar mommy," pit-bull and speechifying partisan environmentalist, then she ought to play by the same rules to which all the recent spouses of prospective presidents and vice presidents have adhered. Let the voters have access to her financial affairs, including her tax returns for 2002, the latest year for which she has filed.

Unlike her husband, who evidently did not possess the political courage to explain the costs Americans would bear under the Kyoto global-warming protocol, during her convention speech Mrs. Heinz Kerry pledged that in a Kerry administration "global climate change and other threats to the health of our planet will begin to be reversed." The "moral nation" that her husband would lead would "reject thoughtless and greedy choices" that the Bush-Cheney administration presumably made. Such a "moral nation" is one that "leads" through the "power of its example," lectured Mrs. Heinz Kerry, whose current wealth has been conservatively estimated to be at least $1 billion and as much as $3.2 billion, according to an analysis of public records by the Los Angeles Times.
So be it. Let Mrs. Heinz Kerry divulge the details of her great wealth, which has financed her jet-fuel-guzzling Gulfstream II private jet, her gas-guzzling Jeeps and Suburban SUV and her five mansions that she uses scarce energy resources to heat in the winter and cool in the summer. On the subjects of being "greedy" and "thoughtless," on the one hand, and fearing "global climate change," on the other, it is safe to wager that Mr. Kerry and his "sugar mommy" consume more BTUs than 99.999 percent of American households.
If she truly admires the "power of example," then let her follow the example of John Zaccaro, the husband of 1984 Democratic vice-presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro who revealed his tax returns. Unlike Mrs. Heinz Kerry, he never bankrolled his spouse's political career.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20040804-084145-8886r.htm

Ellie

thedrifter
08-06-04, 07:09 PM
Killing the questioner

By Colin McNickle
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, August 1, 2004

A week ago tonight, I asked Teresa Heinz Kerry a simple question here: "What did you mean?" And a wicked firestorm was sparked. Incredibly, most of it was directed against me.
Moments earlier, Mrs. Heinz Kerry had talked of "un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits" that supposedly have crept into our political discourse. Her talk before the Pennsylvania delegation was, in part, a plea for a return to civility.

She was not specific. As any journalist would, or should, I sought an example. Instead, I got a finger in the face and was told to "shove it." I have been told worse things by more important people.

By week's end, I and/or the exchange had been immortalized in some hilarious editorial page cartoons and become a part of David Letterman's "Top 10." But liberals also did their best to demonize not only me but the Trib. "Right-wing rag" became the pejorative du jour, vomited repeatedly by liberal media elitists.

Heinz Kerry said I attempted to "trap" her. To defend her intemperance, she publicly impugned my personal and professional integrity. On national television the woman who herself raised the specter of McCarthyism with her unexplained remarks insinuated I was engaging in the same tactic.

Democrat presidential nominee John Kerry called his wife's actions appropriate.

Entertainer Patti Labelle told the Boston Herald that Heinz Kerry "should've pimp-slapped" me. Molly Ivins either repeated or created the myth that I had grabbed the possible future first lady. I didn't touch her.

Bombastic, fact-challenged liberal filmmaker Michael Moore supposedly called me "rude." A friend told me that Katrina vanden Heuvel, editor of The Nation, a leftist journal, said the exchange was the result of a long-running personal feud between Heinz Kerry and myself. That's absurd, patently; I don't run in those circles.

Longtime liberal national political columnist Jack Germond -- now retired and a convention "guest" who was shilling for his new book -- told CNN's Judy Woodruff that I was "not a legitimate newspaperman."

Ms. Woodruff allowed the slander to pass without challenge. Mr. Germond's wife, Alice, is secretary for the Democratic National Committee, noted a profile published before the incident in Editor & Publisher, a trade magazine.

I report, you decide.

Shove it, (expletive)!" one fellow told me as I walked down a Boston street. "You're the (expletive) who called Mrs. Kerry 'un-American,' " a girl told me in Boston Common.

And once the DNC's liberal attack machine was fully cranked, the e-mails and telephone calls started.

"I hope you burn in hell," read one e-mail. "You're a (expletive) Nazi," went another. "Teresa should have told you to go (expletive) yourself," another friendly e-mailer offered. And these were among the milder communiques; those that included death threats will be forwarded to the senders' respective hometown police departments.

One of my daughters back in Pittsburgh was brought to tears by a caller to our house. The clever woman identified herself as a Washington reporter seeking to interview me but then embarked on a filthy tirade. It seems a member of the Heinz Kerry Civility Enforcement Patrol posted our home address and telephone number on the response part of my convention blog.

As I struggled to close this column with something profound, an e-mail popped up from my oldest brother in faraway Ohio.

"From what I'm hearing on late-night radio, the liberal definition of a 'strong woman' is one who abuses anyone who asks a question she doesn't want to answer," he wrote. "A strong conservative woman would have come up with an example of how the questioner's paper had misrepresented the truth about her candidate or position."

Of course, Teresa Heinz Kerry didn't do that because she couldn't.

That said, and as I shove off from Boston, I'm still waiting for the answer to my question of Sunday night last.

Colin McNickle is the Trib's editorial page editor. Ring him at (412) 320-7836. E-mail him at: cmcnickle@tribweb.com.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/mcnickle/s_205767.html

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
08-31-04, 04:55 PM
Subject: Catsup, Pickles and the Radical left .

. . .So how does Mrs. Heinz Kerry spend John Heinz's money? Just one example:
According to the G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence newsletter of WorldNetDaily, in the years between 1995-2001 she gave more than $4 million to an organization called the Tides Foundation . And what does the Tides Foundation do with John Heinz's money?
They support numerous anti-war groups , including Ramsey Clark's International Action Center. Clark has offered to defend Saddam Hussein when he's tried.

They support the Democratic Justice Fund, a joint venture of the Tides Foundation and billionaire hate-monger George Soros. The Democratic Justice Fund seeks to ease restrictions on Muslim immigration from "terrorist" states.

They support the Council for American-Islamic Relations, whose leaders are known to have close ties to the terrorist group, Hamas.

They support the National Lawyers Guild, organized as a communist front during the Cold War era. One of their attorneys, Lynne Stewart, has been arrested for helping a client, Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman, communicate with terror cells in Egypt He is the convicted mastermind of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

They support Planned Parenthood, the National Abortion Rights Action League, and the Abortion Action Project. They support the most violent of all homosexual action groups, ACT-UP.
They support the "Barrio Warriors," a radical Hispanic group whose primary goal is to return all of Arizona, California, New Mexico, and Texas to Mexico.

These are but a few of the radical groups that benefit, through the anonymity provided by the Tides Foundation, from the generosity of our would-be first lady - the wealthy widow of Republican senator John Heinz, and now the wife of the Democratic senator who aspires to be the 44th President of the United States.

Sparrowhawk
08-31-04, 05:00 PM
here I'll try to be fair.

Below are two pictures. One is the best picture I could find of Teresa Heinz Kerry and the other is of Laura Bush.

The question is who do you want to represent America?

first Laura Bush

http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/CVN_BUSH.sff_RNCC113_20040831162111.jpg

and now, here is the best picture I could find of Teresa Kerry

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20040727/capt.sge.qmn07.270704173407.photo00.default-378x258.jpg

ROTFLMA

thedrifter
08-31-04, 05:07 PM
Mental Note....

Never follow Cook after posting, with Coffee in the mouth.;) :D

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
09-14-04, 03:46 PM
What a woman!

<hr>

Kerry's Wife Calls Bush Inflexible

Sep 14, 11:09 AM (ET)
By EMILY FREDRIX

WASHINGTON (AP) - Teresa Heinz Kerry said Monday that President Bush is unwilling to change, a character flaw that shows "inattention and indifference" rather than strength.

Well at least Teresa is flexible.

Below is a picture of her taken yesterday, that shows how flexible Teresa kerry is.

Teresa Heinz Kerry, wife of Democratic Presidential candidate, Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., is also seen on a video screen while addressing the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute's Issues Conference Luncheon in Washington, Monday, Sept. 13, 2004. Mrs. Heinz Kerry spoke on issues of importance to the Hispanic community. (AP Photo/Lawrence Jackson)

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/Teresa.jpg

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040914/D853GJD00.html

Sparrowhawk
09-14-04, 03:51 PM
Teresa did not want to address the Hispanic crowd, but Kerry finally coinvinced her to do it.

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/kerry2.jpg

yellowwing
09-14-04, 04:03 PM
Of course the future First Lady deserves her own thread! ;)

thedrifter
09-14-04, 04:06 PM
http://www.strangecosmos.com/images/content/102438.jpg

CplCrotty
09-14-04, 07:09 PM
I wonder if she actually considers herself as an American citizen? My bet is that she considers herself to be far superior than just about 99.99% of her audiences.

Sparrowhawk
09-14-04, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by CplCrotty
I wonder if she actually considers herself as an American citizen? My bet is that she considers herself to be far superior than just about 99.99% of her audiences.

Married for thirty years to Heinz, registered as a Republican until Kerry became a candidate and this will be her first time voting.

That tells you a lot.

hrscowboy
09-15-04, 03:53 AM
yep it sure does tells me the freekin broad needs to keep her mouth shut...

Sparrowhawk
09-15-04, 10:16 AM
From the PE newspaper web site response from readers.

Teresa Heinz Kerry appeals to many as a spry and bright woman. Clearly she has an uncommon ability to win people over.

That’s the good stuff.
She can possess some pretty common traits. One of them might be “defensiveness.”
We all know people who will defend to their death something they know is wrong, if acknowledging the new information would confirm their error. It’s a normal tendency, and most of us routinely practice it to some degree. So, it seems, does Mrs. Kerry.
Speaking to her home-state delegates at the Democratic convention, she said “We need to turn back some of the creeping, un-Pennsylvanian and sometimes un-American traits that are coming into some of our politics.” Her speech had been video and audio-taped and replayed to millions.
When a reporter asked her what she meant by the term “un-American,” she said “I didn’t say that.” When the reporter continued to ask about it, she told him “You said something I didn’t say. Now shove it.”
The obvious question: Did she know she had used the word and lied about using it, or did she really believe she had not said what she said? Maybe it’s a word she doesn’t think she would use. Trouble with that theory is she used it in a campaign speech to firefighters when she bashed Bush policies as intended to terrorize Americans; “And you know what? That is un-American in my book.”
And on a CBS TV show, while talking with Leslie Stahl, she said “I find it un-American for people to criticize someone and say they’re not deserved for any position whether because they have too much or too little, or because they’re black or they’re white. That’s un-American.”
Mrs. Kerry’s defenders would likely say it wasn’t a big deal. After all, VP Dick Cheney told a political adversary to “go f--- yourself,” didn’t he? Yes, but the difference is when a reporter asked Cheney about it, he immediately admitted it, and said he “felt better” after making the remark.
Mrs. Kerry had the same option, but made a different choice … a defensive choice. It seems like it backfired.

Sparrowhawk
09-15-04, 10:17 AM
The walls of the bedroom of the Kerry Mansion claim to have overheard the widow Heinz say to her husband John:

"About that job of First Lady, SHOVE IT!"

unknown what she meant by that.. Lmao

Sparrowhawk
09-16-04, 08:54 AM
Let them go naked, says Teresa Heinz Kerry

Wed Sep 15, 6:05 PM ET

By SAM DOLNICK, Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK - Teresa Heinz Kerry, encouraging volunteers as they busily packed supplies Wednesday for hurricane relief efforts in the Caribbean, said she was concerned the effort was too focused on sending clothes instead of essentials like water and electric generators.

"Clothing is wonderful, but let them go naked for a while, at least the kids," said Heinz Kerry, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. "Water is necessary, and then generators, and then food, and then clothes."

Heinz Kerry stopped by a market in the heart of Brooklyn's Caribbean community, where she spoke French with Haitian vendors and shook hands with volunteers busy packing food, clothes and other relief supplies to be shipped to several Carribean islands hit by Hurricane Ivan. Her husband's campaign donated water, blankets and first aid kits.

"I think it's important we help all the kids we can," Heinz Kerry said.

Ivan swept through the Caribbean last week, killing more than 60 people and leaving tens of thousands homeless.

Dr. Roy A. Hastick Sr., president of the Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce and coordinator of the market's relief effort, said the visit helped make difficult days a bit brighter.

"It's a major boost for us and the community to show we have someone on a national level concerned with what's happening in the Caribbean region," Hastick Sr. said.

Supporters gathered on the sidewalk shouted "We love you," and "Good luck" as Heinz Kerry made her way to a waiting car.

Sparrowhawk
09-20-04, 12:50 PM
If I could ask John Kerry a question, I would ask him;

"John, how many pills does your wife take every morning to get up?" :eek: :yes:

<hr>

Democratic Presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry and his wife Teresa Heinz Kerry walk back to their car after they attended a Mass at Saint Francis Chapel at Prudential Center in Boston, Sunday, Sept. 19, 2004. (AP Photo/Chitose Suzuki)

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/teresa2.gif

Sparrowhawk
09-20-04, 01:00 PM
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass, waves to the crowd with his wife Teresa Heinz after he delivered a speech on foreign policy at New York University in New York Monday, Sept. 20, 2004. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/idiot.jpg

Sparrowhawk
09-20-04, 01:11 PM
She is so, so So, well you know... LMAO

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/makeup1.jpg

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/makeover.jpg

Sparrowhawk
09-20-04, 01:13 PM
http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/ap/KERRY.sff_NYDB104_20040920122924.jpg

Teresa Heinz Kerry, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass, listens to Kerry's speech on foreign policy at New York University, Monday, Sept. 20, 2004, in New York.

Would I be out of line, if Teresa is elected to office if I offer to pay fro this women's Extreme make over?

Just wondering.....

thedrifter
09-20-04, 01:17 PM
LOL...

Cook green isn't her color....;)

Ellie

Ed Palmer
09-20-04, 03:10 PM
> > Hi I'll probably never have a car this new but if it works, it
works
> >,right ? so here's the info.
> >
> >
> > > Easy way to unlock your car (If you have the right equipment,
> >etc.)
> > >
> > > Hi, All You Forgetful People and there are a lot of us. This
only
> >applies
> > to cars that can be unlocked by that remote button on your key
ring.
> >Should
> > you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are home, and you
> >don't have
> > > "OnStar," here's your answer to the problem!
> > >
> > > If some one has access to the spare remote at your home, call
them
> >on your
> > > cell phone (or borrow one from someone if the cell phone is
> >in the
> > > car too!) Hold your (or anyone's) cell phone about a foot from
> >your car
> > door
> > > and have the other person at your home press the unlock button,
> >holding it
> > > near the phone. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having
to
> >drive
> > > your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds
of
> >miles
> > > away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote"
for
> >your
> > car,
> > > you can unlock the doors (or the trunk, or have the "horn"
signal
> >go off,
> > or whatever!)
> > >
> > > (Editor's Note - It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked
> >our car
> > over a cell phone!)

Sparrowhawk
09-20-04, 03:35 PM
Next time I lock myself out of my call at my girlfriend's house, I can call the wife at home and she won't have to know where I'm at.. LMAO

Ed Palmer
09-21-04, 07:30 AM
Hey work,s for me
I never thought of that

Sparrowhawk
10-11-04, 02:25 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20041010/capt.txmca10210102257.heinz_kerry_txmca102.jpg

McALLEN, Texas - The wife of presidential candidate John Kerry (news - web sites) told a receptive audience in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas that Kerry would seek out all other options before going to war.

"John will never send a boy or girl in a uniform anywhere in the world because of our need and greed for oil," Teresa Heinz Kerry told about 1,200 supporters at the McAllen Civic Center.

She said her husband, as president, would be able to approach the families of slain soldiers and say, "'I did everything I could to prevent this, I'm sorry.' "

<hr>

I didn't knoiw we had boys and girls fighting this war.

I always thought our military was made up of men and women.

Sparrowhawk
10-18-04, 05:40 PM
Heinz Kerry Paid Lower Tax Rate Than Most Taxpayers
Mon Oct 18 2004 10:20:34 ET

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/teresataxes.jpg

The Kerry campaign finally released Teresa Heinz Kerry's 2003 tax return, or rather two pages of it, late last Friday, the WALL STREET JOURNAL details.

"We think she ought to release the rest of her return, since her wealth was crucial to salvaging her husband's struggling campaign during the Democratic primaries in 2003."

"But even this minimal disclosure deserves more attention in light of John Kerry's pledge to raise tax rates. In 2003, Mrs. Kerry -- or Teresa Heinz, as she declared herself on her IRS 1040 form -- earned $5.07 million, hardly a surprising income for someone estimated to be worth nearly $1 billion.

"The news is that $2.78 million of that income came in the form of tax- exempt interest from what the Kerry campaign's press release attributed to investments in 'state, municipal and public entity bonds.' What the campaign didn't say is that these are the kind of investments that rich people can afford to hire lawyers and accountants to steer their money into."

On her "remaining 'taxable' income of $2.29 million, Mrs. Kerry paid $627,150 in taxes, for an overall average federal tax rate of only 12.4% on her $5.07 million in total income." This "puts Mrs. Kerry's tax rate at well below that of other filers in her super-rich neighborhood. But it also means she is paying a lower average rate than nearly all middle- class taxpayers paid in 2001, the last year for which the IRS has published the data.

The top 50% of all federal filers contributed 96.1% of all federal income taxes in 2001, and they paid an average income-tax rate of 15.9%. That's 3.5-percentage points more than Mrs. Kerry paid in 2003." At the "very least, Mrs. Kerry's tax returns are a screaming illustration of the need for reform to make the tax code simpler and fairer. But they also show that Senator Kerry's proposed tax increases are much more about a revenue grab than they are about tax justice."

Sparrowhawk
10-20-04, 03:44 PM
Teaching not a real job says Teresa Haines Kerry

http://vvakerry.bizland.com/thusband.jpg

In an interview published Wednesday, USA Today asked the wife of Democratic candidate John Kerry if she would be different from Laura Bush as a first lady.

"Well, you know, I don't know Laura Bush. But she seems to be calm, and she has a sparkle in her eye, which is good," Heinz Kerry said. "But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up. So her experience and her validation comes from important things, but different things."

Heinz Kerry said she sees her age as a benefit — she is 66 and Bush 57. "I'm older, and my validation of what I do is a little bit bigger — because I'm older, and I've had different experiences. And it's not a criticism of her. It's just, you know, what life is about," she said.

Laura Bush worked in public schools in Texas from 1968 to 1977, the year she married George W. Bush.

In a statement issued Wednesday, Heinz Kerry said: "I had forgotten that Mrs. Bush had worked as a school teacher and librarian, and there couldn't be a more important job than teaching our children. As someone who has been both a full-time mom and full-time in work force, I know we all have valuable experiences that shape who we are. I appreciate and honor Mrs. Bush's service to the country as first lady and am sincerely sorry I had not remembered her important work in the past."

Earlier in the day, Karen Hughes, an adviser to President Bush (news - web sites), criticized Heinz Kerry's remarks as "indicative of an unfortunate mind-set that seeks to divide women based on who works at home and who works outside the home."

___USA Today: www.usatoday.com

<hr>

I guess TERESA forgot that before Laura married George she was a school teacher as well as a librarian.

snipowsky
10-20-04, 05:19 PM
All I can say about this woman is this...

Ruff ruff! Who let the dogs out?:no:

greensideout
10-20-04, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by snipowsky
All I can say about this woman is this...

Ruff ruff! Who let the dogs out?:no:

snipowsky?!! How can you be so desrespectful of our K-9 friends?!!!

How do you think they might feel about your comment that lumps Teresa into their group?!!

Don't forget that dogs are man's best friend!

You might try, snake or worm or--------

snipowsky
10-20-04, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry Corporal greensideout! lol

That is so disrespectful considering my unconditional best friend is my GSD.

Worm or snake is good, but how about leech?

greensideout
10-20-04, 07:13 PM
That'al work. LOL

OLE SARG
10-20-04, 08:55 PM
Teresa and ole foreskin deserve each other --------- the pig and horseface, what a pair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLE SARG

Sparrowhawk
10-22-04, 03:14 PM
Polite society anticipates Teresa's pizazz

By Stephanie Mansfield
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

http://www.drudgereport.com/hkb.jpg

Federally funded Botox clinics. Diamond pickle pins. Fish stew for state dinners, followed by green tea and Portuguese pound cake. Pre-nups and private Gulfstream jets. Hermes bags, aromatherapy, homeopathic remedies and $4,000 Chanel suits. No more twin sets. No more twins. Blowsy hair, brassy mouth and bossy boots.
Is mainstream America ready for Teresa Heinz Kerry, a woman who radio host Don Imus wonders might be "too crazy to be first lady"?
"Well, they better be," said Betty Ford's former press secretary Sheila Weidenfeld. "I think she's going to be controversial, which is good. That's because she'll speak up."

http://marines.bizland.com/theinz.gif

"The French will love her," deadpanned Sheila Tate, Nancy Reagan's former press secretary.
"Put it this way," said author and Forbes FYI editor Christopher Buckley, "I think Teresa Heinz would be by far the only thing to enjoy during what I suspect will be four dreary years of the human tree."
For that reason, social Washington is salivating at the idea of a revitalized White House, with a multilingual, art-collecting, wine-drinking, garden-loving billionairess who calls herself "cheeky" and "sexy" running the salon.
Criticized as "bonkers" by her opponents, the unconventional Mrs. Kerry — who describes her detractors as "scumbags" — would be the first foreign-born first lady since John Quincy Adams' wife, Louisa, a native of London. And at the age of 66, she would be the oldest incoming first lady.
She would also be the wealthiest, having inherited an estate reportedly worth $500 million in 1991 ("my pile," as she jokes) after her first husband, ketchup heir and Pennsylvania Republican Sen. John H. Heinz III, was killed in an airplane crash.
She owns five luxury homes and a private plane, The Flying Squirrel. Mrs. Kerry's fortune — now estimated at $1.2 billion — has been her passport to a world of privilege and power far beyond that of the average political wife.
"She knows people in all walks of life," said Time magazine photographer Diana Walker, one of Mrs. Kerry's closest friends. "She knows where the brains are."
"What we're hungry for," said former Clinton administration official Ann Pincus, "is someone who's engaged."
The Bushes have been virtually incognito for the last four years. Harpers Bazaar recently referred to the first lady's style as "Marian the Librarian."
"Nobody's been to The White House," added Mrs. Pincus. "You don't know about them. There's no buzz." The president is a teetotaler and Laura Bush "doesn't even do lunches. It's like, 'Hello, is this 1958?' "
"Laura is a gracious person, but she's been relegated to being a pretty picture," noted publishing heiress Marie Ridder. "Whereas John Kerry does listen to Teresa, who has a powerful voice."
Her off-the-cuff remarks — including saying she only tacked on her husband's name for political reasons — differ radically from Mrs. Bush's quiet deference. But the real difference, observers say, is their personas.
"I think Washington will be more active" with Mrs. Kerry in the White House, said Democratic stalwart Esther Coopersmith. "I don't think John Kerry and Teresa will go to bed at 9 o'clock."
Described as "with it" by people she knows, Mrs. Kerry's sophisticated social circle is in stark contrast to Mrs. Bush's down-home Texas ways. Her politics are also starkly different.
Mrs. Kerry is pro-choice and pro-homosexual rights. Over the past decade, through the Heinz Endowments, she donated $8.1 million to the liberal nonprofit Tides Center, making hefty donations to the Three Rivers Community Foundation, which funds the Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Pittsburgh. Marian Wright Edelman, Hillary Clinton's mentor and head of the Children's Defense Fund, has also been a recipient of Mrs. Kerry's largesse.
Washington socialites speculate what a Kerry administration would bring. "I don't think they're going to serve grits in the White House," said Smith Bagley, whose wife Elizabeth was ambassador to Portugal during the Clinton administration.
Both Republicans and Democrats agree on one point: Mrs. Kerry is an object of fascination.
"I think she has this kind of magic," said Mrs. Coopersmith's daughter Connie, a Democratic activist in her own right who did advance work for Mrs. Kerry recently. "She's a very subtle cross between Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren. She's a real sensualist."
According to her acquaintances, the aspiring first lady likes to stay up late, is a marvelous cook, has lots of diamonds and is given to wearing espadrilles on the rope line. She loves shoes, and sports spike-heeled Jimmy Choos with confidence. Her clothes, from such trustworthy labels as Armani, while designer, are not regarded as couture.
"I doubt there will ever be an exhibit of her clothes at the [Metropolitan Museum of Art]," added Connie Coopersmith. One of her close friends is Ari Kopelman, president of Chanel.
She is often tardy, explaining that she doesn't like to "be bossed around" by anyone.
Some observers are worried at the prospect of an "engaged" first lady.
"The first lady is not elected to anything," said a former White House staffer. "The minute she thinks she is, she's in big trouble."
She and her husband don't always see eye to eye, and one recent report had the couple retreating to separate hotel rooms after a spat on the campaign trail.
"They argue, they discuss, they carry on," said Pie Friendly, longtime Washington hostess and friend. "Then they flirt. Then they argue some more."
Friends say the conversations are spirited and eclectic.
"Most political wives are anesthetized by the time they even get close to the White House," said French Wallop, ex-wife of former Republican Sen. Malcolm Wallop of Wyoming, "They are not able to speak their minds, terrorized by the staff or their husbands. Teresa doesn't give a fig leaf what anybody cares about her."
Mrs. Wallop points out that the Bushes have only hosted "what, four or five state dinners in four years? These people don't understand that to get things done you have to have these stupid dinners."
On the topic of Laura vs. Teresa, Mrs. Wallop said, "Middle America would find Laura Bush more palatable than an intimidating person such as Teresa."
First ladies traditionally have been most effective, observers agree, when they are simply supporting their husbands. "She's not going to do what Mrs. Carter did, sitting in Cabinet meetings," recalled Anne Wexler Duffy, who served as Rosalynn Carter's press secretary, and noted the rolled eyes and rueful winks in those meetings.
Born in Mozambique and schooled in Switzerland, Mrs. Kerry has an air of "colonial aristocracy," said one acquaintance. That has not endeared her to some voters. (She famously described herself as "African-American" to black audiences.)
"Teresa is much more flamboyant," says Ina Ginsburg, the Vienna, Austrian-born former Washington editor of Andy Warhol's Interview magazine. Miss Ginsburg has known Mrs. Kerry for years — saying, "we shared a ski instructor" — and thinks she will be a wonderful change.
"It's non-Americans and Americans. It seems Europeans lose their temper. We're just more excitable."

decuervo
10-24-04, 02:01 AM
This lady so looks like she's permanently hopped up on Valium and Tennesee Teas. If she ends up being our first lady I feel so sorry for our youth.

Sparrowhawk
11-02-04, 02:15 PM
http://vvakerry.bizland.com/keryterry.jpg