PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

reg
07-25-04, 10:19 PM
Just thought I'd make my first post an introduction.

I'm from Hudsonville, MI (near Grand Rapids if that helps). I just started taking interest in the Corps last fall. Started college and came into contact with an old friend who gave me a ring and told me he was joining the Corps. This little town I'm from produces alot of them, but I never thought about it until then. The kid who told me he was going to MCRD had no father growing up, did drugs...took me by surprise. Made me think there might be more to life than school. I talked to him briefly a few times between infantry school and bootcamp, then twice before he left for Iraq in April. He had changed and I desire that change in myself.

2 and a half months ago I saw the recruiter for the first time weighing in at 290 pounds at 6 foot. Today I'm at 238 and still dropping -- I have to hit 227. I can't wait. Takes all of my energy to refrain from overdoing it, haha.

Just wanted to say "Hi" and give you a little background information about me. I will probably be trolling the boards from now on and thought I'd make myself known before I spend the next 6 months saying nothing or if/when I get the title to have some valuable input.

-reg

Sparrowhawk
07-25-04, 10:43 PM
sounds like you are committed for the long haul.

Good Luck

JAMarine
07-25-04, 11:10 PM
Good Luck to you young person. Ask and you shall receive here.

HardJedi
07-25-04, 11:52 PM
Welcome! best of luck, and feel free to ask as much as you like!

DSchmitke
07-26-04, 04:55 AM
Best of luck, keep up the good work and welcome...

snipowsky
07-26-04, 05:05 AM
Welcome reg! Best of luck to you!

Namvet67
07-26-04, 08:39 AM
Welcome! Good luck to you. You have made a good choice.

airframesguru
07-26-04, 08:57 AM
Good Luck!

Sgted
07-26-04, 12:26 PM
Good luck reg and use all the discipline you can to hit that 227.

sgt.lane
07-26-04, 12:40 PM
If you have made it this far, you can make it the rest of the way. Keep your eye on the title MARINE and you will be fine.................

Poolee08/09
07-26-04, 04:33 PM
Good luck reg, ive bene here for a while now and ive learned alot, now in 14 days i am going to join teh journey at MCRDPI. These Marines have alot of answers and if they dont then they know someone who will. Enjoy,

cknow
07-26-04, 05:06 PM
Good Luck reg and god speed

JaiSteele
07-27-04, 01:47 AM
Welcome. Sounds like you're pretty motivated. Lots of luck.

CAR
07-31-04, 11:19 AM
Good luck reg. If you stick it out, which sounds like you will, you'll have some good times. You'll make life long friends and be part of great organization. Got to give a lot of sweat but you'll have just as many memories and rewards.