PDA

View Full Version : tattoo's

immaproshooter
07-24-04, 11:30 PM
quick question......first i know i should probably look first i know the whole routine and i am well aware that ill hear bout this....but my best friend has a confederate flag on his right arm and is wandering if he'll have to get that removed or not to join, he was askin me, and im not sure at all about how tattoo's go

HardJedi
07-25-04, 02:10 AM
Hmmm. Well, I'd say yes. But am not positive. Rules have changed alot over the years.

usmchauer
07-25-04, 11:31 PM
I've seen it go both ways. I had a good friend from high school that had a cross draped with a confederate flag on his back, he wasn't allowed to enlist. And guy I went to boot camp with had just a confederate flag tattoo on his chest. I would say his safest bet is to get it removed or covered up. But a recruiter would know for sure.

immaproshooter
07-25-04, 11:36 PM
well thanks ya'll......i appreciate it n ill let him know that he's gonna have to wait till he talks to the recruiter to find out

WillManning
07-25-04, 11:45 PM
My girlfriend had the same problem with a confederate heart with the word "Peach" on her shoulder. The tatoo was photographed about a dozen times and she had to write a letter about what it meant to her. "GA Peach" and the fact that the GA state flag used to have the stars and bars. She had to get 2 or 3 whatchacallits, waivers I think, to be able to join.

Omega
07-30-04, 03:03 PM
if it's small he could easily have it covered with something else. Tell him to talk to his recruiter. if it is a problem ask him if a cover up would be ok or if tottal removal would be the answer.

fulmetaljackass
07-30-04, 03:06 PM
immaproshooter, there is no apostrophe in tattoos. Look up my thread called "tattoos." Someone posted a link to an excellent article regarding Marine Corps policy regarding tattoos.

PooleeWebber
07-30-04, 03:07 PM
Hey Omega, please check your PMs.