PDA

View Full Version : three years 'till Basic!

futureMarine123
07-23-04, 07:05 PM
:D

I am going to Basic Tranning in less than three years. I have read the book MAKING THE CORPS and have a general idea of what I am getting myself into, but what else can I expect and how should I prepair for the long road ahead?

cjdoyle
07-23-04, 07:19 PM
welcome to the long road of becoming a marine.
work on your pull ups
pull ups
pull ups
good luck on your quest and keep pushing forward and hope to see you soon in are ranks

thedrifter
07-23-04, 08:48 PM
A Good thread to start with is this one

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7959&highlight=letters+bootcamp

If you scan through the threads you will find a lot of useful info there.......

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

futureMarine123
07-23-04, 08:53 PM
to the Driffter and Cjdoyle

futureMarine123
07-23-04, 09:54 PM
thankyou and If people could e-mail(MaxCer@aol.com) me boot camp stories they wouldn't mind sending me, I would love it.

Pel
07-25-04, 11:15 AM
Stay strong in your beliefes let nothing change your mind. Believe that you can earn the title Marine and things can happen. Your dream seems to be to join the 1% of Americans that can claim the title of United States Marine. Do YOU want the title? Will you do anything to earn it? Prepair your mind. Your bodys only there to block the spit from the DI's from getting mixed with your brain matter.

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-25-04, 04:20 PM
You have three years, relax about the Corps and enjoy yourself. You have the rest of your life to be a Marine, you only get to be a kid once. Hang with your friends, make some women mad, and have a good time. Run a little, lift a little, stay in good shape and don't worry so much.

MillRatUSMC
07-25-04, 07:15 PM
This might be petty but futureMarine123 learn the terminology.
Its boot camp not basic, basic is like an "Army of One".
You got three years before you will be standing on the yellow footprints at one of our Marine Corps Recruit Depots or MCRD.
If you want to be a Marine try to think how we think.
There's several sites or pages on the web that have boot camp stories.
Everybody has their own boot camp story and none might relate to what you will experience.
No need to hear horror stories or sea stories before your time.
Enjoy these years, you will never come or see what your seeing now and the opportunities that you are now facing...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

CAR
07-31-04, 02:03 PM
Best of luck you FM123. The best advise I can give you from now until then is ... use your head. Enjoy your time with your friends and have a good time but stay clear of trouble. Todays Corps, though we all have made mistakes, is getting tougher and tougher with problemed records.

Pel
08-01-04, 11:35 PM
Meh, my record is CLEAN and they gave ME a hard time at meps. Dont do anything that will screw this up. Work on your pull ups work on your crunchs work on your mile.... work on these atleast 4 days a week and remember your abs are some of the only muscles that you will never wear out so work them hard. Go to poolee meetings strive to become a sqaud leader and hold it, maybe before you leave you will get guide and hold it.

hrscowboy
08-02-04, 12:29 AM
work on those push-ups lord knows we all had those and you better be good at it cause if your not you will being pushin up forever!!! Squat thrusting was another favorite of good old staff sargent Gatlin.