PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration

Marzyn
07-22-04, 04:01 PM
This is a little bit old but nevertheless I think ya'll should hear it.

I was watching Fox News a couple weeks ago when I saw a news report that literally made me cry, and believe me, I don't cry often lol

There were thirteen Marines coming home from Iraq and they were all sitting in coach, a bunch of businessmen in first class overheard the stewardess' talking about them & thirteen of them gave up their first class seats & went back and told the Marines to go to first class for the remainder of the flight.

Keep in mind this was on Fox News, which means it's true, and you'll never hear it on CNN or NBC or any other liberal media station.

Semper Fi
Joe

p.s. If you find yourself wanting a good inspiration to go through bootcamp, think of this: Police Officers may pull over a Marine, but they will almost never give him/her a ticket, call it professional courtesy if you will, but it's true :)

thedrifter
07-22-04, 04:48 PM
I do believe this is the story you are talking about....but they were soldiers not Marines............

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15754

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

Pel
07-22-04, 05:23 PM
HOORAH

Sparrowhawk
07-22-04, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Marzyn
This is a little bit old but nevertheless I think ya'll should hear it.

p.s. If you find yourself wanting a good inspiration to go through bootcamp, think of this: Police Officers may pull over a Marine, but they will almost never give him/her a ticket, call it professional courtesy if you will, but it's true :)

Where did you get this information?

Pel
07-22-04, 05:42 PM
yea where did the ps come from? I drive a 68 firebird probably one of the hardest cars in the world to not speed in but i still manage to not speed.

HardJedi
07-22-04, 05:42 PM
DAMN! wish somebody would have told the cops inb my area around 92 or so, woulda saved me a couple hundred bucks

thedrifter
07-22-04, 05:50 PM
I live in the area he does.....There is NO SPECIAL TREATMENT.....I Also Would Not Ask For Special Treatment.......

I'm using Roger's car that has Marine Corps stickers all over it....The only thing that I know is I get a lot of horn blowing and Marines shouting Semper Fi.......;)

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

Sgted
07-22-04, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Marzyn
Keep in mind this was on Fox News, which means it's true, and you'll never hear it on CNN or NBC or any other liberal media station.

Semper Fi
Joe

Joe,
I saw this very report on CNN.
It was a great jesture by the folks on the plane.
Only 1 first class pasenger refused to turn over his seat to these men....

enviro
07-22-04, 06:47 PM
From 94-00 I compiled a driving record thicker than Webster's Unabridged. While it is true that SOME cops will let you go, the majority don't.

Get pulled over in Jacksonville, NC (and surrounding areas) and you will surely get a ticket.

A lot of former Marines are cops and think that you should know better than to speed. I think they honestly want you to slow down and not cause an accident or get yourself killed. My Marine Corps sticker has gotten me more lectures than free rides.

Marzyn
07-22-04, 11:19 PM
ah lol

that p.s. was just going on what I know from former marines

i bowl in a few bowling leagues and i've got some really good friends that were former marines, just listening to them tell stories and such, but that's probably all they are, stories :)

believe me, i don't ever state that what i say is fact because i'm usually just hearing it from another person or reading it on a website etc

joe

HardJedi
07-22-04, 11:29 PM
listen Marzyn , free lesson in M<arine stories ok? If they don't start with, " no Sh#t! there I was...... " then it'sprobablya lie LOL

Marzyn
07-22-04, 11:33 PM
err, I think you hit enter too soon bud lol :p

Pel
07-23-04, 12:24 AM
he gave his rest on the subject now everone drop it. we all hear stories that may or may not be true. its whether or not you beleive in them and have faith, that gets you through some days.