PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all!!

J_Luttrell
07-21-04, 01:34 PM
I just wanted to thank all the Marines and Poolee's that have given me advice throughout this time that I've been in DEP... I leave Monday and I just wanted to thank everyone and the next time I will talk to you...I'll be a United States Marine...Thanks to all!!!! and good luck to everyone that leaves after me!!!

thedrifter
07-21-04, 01:36 PM
Best of Luck..........

The Drifter's Wife

airframesguru
07-21-04, 02:05 PM
Go get'm killer

Mike

yellowwing
07-21-04, 02:58 PM
The best piece of advice my Recruiter gave to me was, "The Drill Instructors will be harsh, don't take it personally."

Never quit, never give up! (and have a good time, yuk-yuk)

Poolee08/09
07-21-04, 07:39 PM
Good luck ill be down in 19 days!

Arlene Horton
07-21-04, 10:26 PM
Add my good wishes to you for an exciting and fulfilling future. I got some interesting advice when I enlisted in the Corps. My civilian boss told me to: "Keep your eyes and ears open, your mouth shut and your legs crossed!" Semper Fi y'all.

Marzyn
07-21-04, 10:33 PM
Have a good time man, I'd say good luck but I don't believe luck has anything to do with it. Stay motivated, stay determined, if the DI's give you too much crap, they either like you & want you to do your best or you're a screw-up :P

Don't forget: Sir, this recruit yadda yadda, sir

:P

Joe

Tom Hansen
07-22-04, 08:36 AM
the best piece of advice I got just before leaving for boot camp was from my Dad. Do what your told, don't ask questions, try your hardest and you will not have any problems. I can say it worked. The first few days will be ruff, hang in there as it will pass....

airframesguru
07-22-04, 08:56 AM
Tom,

That brings back memories of what my dad (Marine) told me:

Keep your chin up....
your a&& down
and your powder dry....

Namvet67
07-22-04, 09:09 AM
Good luck...the first few days will be about sleep deprivation...the initial stages of breaking you down..hang in there and remember that there were many before you that made it. Don't talk to the other recruits and try not to let the DI find out your name.