<br />
Dissent Becomes Sedition <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Jim Simpson

yellowwing
07-20-04, 07:04 AM
This guy is really good. He puts on quit a spin.

"Congratulations Liberals, you got your way yet again." - Despite the Rupublican Adminsitration and Republican controlled Congress and the hard sacrifices of our Armed Services, he thinks Michael Moore and the Dixie Chicks are the ones to give Iraq their own government?

"2,000 Lawyers"? It was by order of our Commander in Chief that Saddam be handed over to the new Iraqi Goverment. This act ensured that the new goverment start to cement legitimacy and power. It had nothing to do with the minority liberals or Linda Ronstadt.

These are good things achieved by the United States, and he manages to blame the liberal artists for them.

Mr Simpson makes the case to lock up the artists. He may as well make a case to lock up the Nobel scholars and scientist (http://www.ucsusa.org/news/press_release.cfm?newsID=381) voicing displeasure while he's at it.

HardJedi
07-20-04, 07:31 PM
Hmm. Well, I agree and DISagree with some of what Mr. Simpson say's. As ever though, the trick here in the good ol U.S.of A. is where to draw the lines. When does opinion become sedition? I personally HATE Michael Moore, and his supporters, and wish a painful slow death on em, but, they DO have the right to say what they say.

If we were, as a nation, to give into the fear of opposing points of view, then you do nothing but give those views power. Least, that's what I think. Banning things has never stopped them, onlymade them more powerfull.