PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten War !!

NamGrunt68
06-25-02, 08:01 AM
Well since I'm on a lil roll here this am, I might as well put my two centavo's worth on here about my feelings about our bro's that gave the "ultimate" sacrifice in Korea, and the bro's that were and still maybe are POW's over there.....
Our Gubmit called this one a "Police Action".....well I'll be damned if I've ever had the nerve to call it that when I been in DC around some Marine Survivors of the "Frozen Chosin".....tell one o them that and you'll be readin the back o yer eyelids for awhile !!!!
God Bless them Bro's that fought and won that "WAR"....if Truman would have let McArthur have his way, we would be worryin today about the North Chinese either !!!! Anyway A big HAND SALUTE to all the Korean WAR Vets !!!!!!! The Old Breed Lives on and they are my Greatest Generation !! (ceptin maybe fer my Nammy Bro's)......

USMC0311
06-25-02, 08:06 AM
Roger that Grunt!! U A true Patroit and Marine! Brother!!

3BadgeMarine
06-29-02, 12:56 PM
On the 27th of November two regiments the 5th and 7th Marines 1st US Marine division advanced westwards towards the Chosin Reservoirs sixty miles north of Hungnam,were heavily attacked by the Chinese,next day Its forward base at Hagaru-ri, at the southern tip of the reservoirs,was attacked,and the supply route from Hungnam,held by the 1st Marines cut. 41st (independent) Royal Marine Commando,sent to join the division,reached Koto-Ri, ten miles south of Hangaru,that night.The 41st RM Commando,with company G 1st Marines left the next Morning to take a convoy of 100 vehicles through to Hagaru-Ri.advancing along the hill features above the road against opposition,the force made a mile and a half,Colonel Drysdale 41 Commando was given 29 tanks and was ordered to break through on wheels at all cost.After Heavy fighting,G company and much of 41 commando reached Hagaru-ri during the night,but the rear of the column,blocked by vehicles destroyed my enemy fire in a defile.was cut off and the majority of those in it killed or captured.Thereafter 41 RM Commando fought as part of the 1st Marine division in the defense of Hagaru-Ri and its epic break out south under artic conditions. After reaching Hungnam,41 RM Commando embarked with the 1st Marine Division.For its conduct in this bitter fighting,in which it lost half its strength,41st RM Commando was later awarded the high honour of a presidential unit citation. (old enough to remember the Chosin Frozen) Aye jr

arzach
06-29-02, 02:43 PM
forgotten war is what it's called, the warriors were the ones that were 'forgotten' about. not here! i remember ya, won't forget ya either! well done to all my korean war bros!
arzach

tkuhr
07-05-02, 02:42 AM
You see any N Koreans in Washington? People: It's the Forgotten Victory.