View Full Version : Declining Army Standards Led to Scandal

thedrifter
07-18-04, 08:13 AM
07-13-2004 <br />
<br />
Declining Army Standards Led to Scandal

hrscowboy
07-19-04, 12:13 AM
Bottom line is America dont need a bunch of weekend warriors fighting a war. These people dont have the training or the smarts to compare with the full time veteran. So it be said So it be written...

gwladgarwr
07-19-04, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
Bottom line is America dont need a bunch of weekend warriors fighting a war. These people dont have the training or the smarts to compare with the full time veteran. So it be said So it be written...

I'm a bit surprised to hear a Marine insult "weekend warriors" when many of them "tampons" are Marines, me included.

We most definitely need our "weekend warriors" - we're just as much Marines as our active duty brethren, and they bleed red just like all the other Marines.

In defense of reservists, let's mention the fact the the Reservists who are activated come in with skills and resources that most active-duty Marines may not have (law enforcement, technical and profesional skills). But in the end, they fight like the true devil dogs they are. None of them, me included, joined the brotherhood of Marines to avoid going to war, if that's what you're insinuating. I know I performed honorably; I can't speak for the Army.

Semper Fidelis, Marines.:marine:

airframesguru
07-19-04, 08:08 AM
I've got to wonder about the lack of training. It may be an isolated instance here, or maybee not. My point is that my little brother is a 1stLt in the Army Natl guard. He has spent the last two months and will continue to spend it until October training for his deployment to Iraq ( or somewhere in country). Granted the prison deal is different, but they are soldiers, they have been trained and can be jsut as effective as the rest.

I think there is alot we haven't heard here. The second side of the story combined with an apparent struggle to find the fall guy has things some what fuzzy.

Just my 2 cents.

Sempers,

Mike

hrscowboy
07-19-04, 01:41 PM
gwladgarwr,

bottom line is this look and see how many Army reservists have been killed at no time did I mean a marine reservists our training is the best in the world and i have all the faith in world for my marine brothers reservists or full time I know you have been trained to be the best there are. but again look at the deaths of these people. Yes weve lost brothers in iraq but not to the toll that the army has.