PDA

View Full Version : Instituting a limited draft could bring benefits for our nation, younger citizens

thedrifter
07-14-04, 07:36 AM
Issue Date: July 19, 2004 <br />
<br />
Instituting a limited draft could bring benefits for our nation, younger citizens <br />
<br />
By Ralf W. Zimmermann <br />
<br />
Considering our military’s diverse commitments, above and...

hrscowboy
07-28-04, 02:46 AM
hell yes i am for that... keep these damn kids from running the streets and also add no college until there done with the military..

mrbsox
07-28-04, 05:42 AM
Have posted before;

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14130&highlight=draft

I think a 'selective service' would be a GOOD thing, for the Country AND society as a whole.

You can select, or the Govt. can select for you. He!!, kids would learn about 'CHOICES' right away.

Terry

eddief
07-28-04, 05:15 PM
hrscowboy
Whose kids are running around in the streets? It doesn't apply to anyone I know. My younger cousins (I don't have any kids myself) are either working, going to school, or learning a trade. I don't want the government fu**ing around with their lives. So hell no to a damn draft!

ivalis
07-28-04, 09:48 PM
WTF? "supplemental" implies that there is a draft in place. what a forking moron. apparently english is a second language.

all drafts are selective, the most recent draft examples include such notables as Clinton, Bush, Cheney, Quale.

institute a fair (your number comes up, ya go, no deferments) draft and we would be out of Iraq in a month.