PDA

View Full Version : Q about crunches....??

dcmyst
07-13-04, 06:21 PM
Just a quick question here, I have been doing

max pushups
max crunches
max pullups

all twice a day, when I get up and before dinner, I have been putting my feet under a cabinet when doing crunches and I was wondering if I should do this or do crunches on the floor without hooking my feet on something or putting them under something??

J_Luttrell
07-13-04, 06:53 PM
what i usually do is leg lifts...it helps build up the muscles...do some raisers too...do about a 40 count of them every night...and every morning if possible...but that should help

enviro
07-14-04, 01:36 AM
Hook your feet - your back will appreciate it.

You can do crunches with your legs crossed and your knees brought up to your chest.

I highly recommend you don't do crunches while trying to keep your feet planted on the ground without "hooking" them to something

CplDawson
07-14-04, 12:21 PM
Through out the Corps you are going to be paired up when doing you PFT's so you will have someone else sitting on your feet or holding your legs and they will count off for you.

But yeah use something to support your back youwill last longer for it take it from me!

Good luck, and that is great not every one can Score a 300 PFT so keep up the good work.

Tom Hansen
07-14-04, 12:27 PM
The Corps is turning soft. I heard that they went to cruches to replace situps, I about had a cow. Now if that is way to old corps and new corps then I don't know what else would. I guess it's along with not doing PT in boots like we did in 79. Are these Boots really going to Boot Camp or Day Camp????? No wonder why they are talking about deleting the Crusable.....

tom hansen

enviro
07-14-04, 12:43 PM
Having had the experience of the old PFT and the new PFT, the new PFT is harder.

Who's not doing boots and uts anymore? News to me.

All the rumors of boot camp turning softer is just scuttlebutt. Things throughout the Corps are getting harder. Technology may make the job easier, but the task of being a Marine is much harder.

A DUI in '79 would have gotten you an ass-chewing and maybe some extra duty - a DUI now ends your career. In '79 you could meet the minimum qualifications throughout your career and still get promoted and re-enlist. Today, it won't happen.

Like I said, today's Marines may have computers, better equipment, and other things that make the job easier, but in return, you have to be a better Marine.

SSgtOfMarines
07-14-04, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Tom Hansen
The Corps is turning soft. I heard that they went to cruches to replace situps, I about had a cow. Now if that is way to old corps and new corps then I don't know what else would. I guess it's along with not doing PT in boots like we did in 79. Are these Boots really going to Boot Camp or Day Camp????? No wonder why they are talking about deleting the Crusable.....

tom hansen

You have got to be ****ting me! Gimme a farkin break. Lets see, ya were in during the 79 timeframe... hmm, no wars 5 years prior or 5 years after....

So superstud, please tell me what made YOUR Corps harder then mine?

Tom Hansen
07-14-04, 03:37 PM
First of all that was more a tongue in cheak statement than any thing, lighten up a bit. Second I was in the Corps before you where in Elementry School, show some respect to Marines that served before you. Ever heard a place called Beruit? I was there twice in that time period you said there was no war going on. The summer of 81, and September/ October of 83, yes I said October of 83. What happened in October of 83? Atleast in Iraq you could shoot back without a SNCO verifing that you where shot at before you could lock and load. Trust me those where real bullits being shot then. I still have the rules of engagement card they gave us and that was a requirement. I have all the respect for those who have served in both Gulf Wars and any other conflect. Look before you leap, Boot....

tom hansen

enviro
07-14-04, 07:40 PM
Me personally - I don't give two barrels of monkey p|ss if you served in 1779 or 1979. To accuse the Corps of going soft is a dishonor to every Marine serving.

Tongue in cheek or not - have faith in the Marine Corps leadership. I don't think anyone is out to set the Corps back after 229 of history and tradition.

Things change, but one thing is constant - when someone earns the title Marine, it wasn't easy.