PDA

View Full Version : do you do bathroom cleanging, etc in the marine corp?

baddie
07-11-04, 08:42 PM
my friend says that everyone in the military has to cleanen the bathroom, or whatever when youre in the marine corp. is that true?

this is a stupid question, i know, but i just wanted to know

Sgtj
07-11-04, 10:00 PM
Clean the Bathroom...

First start off by calling it the HEAD, just so you get used to the term.

Now, your ? about cleaning the "head." Let me just tell you this. When and if you make it into the United States Marine Corps, you will clean everything.

baddie
07-11-04, 11:53 PM
yes...the head..
ok thanks for the info and im leaving tonite for boot

Pel
07-12-04, 12:24 AM
I heard a story about a very troublesome recruit having to pull toilet paper from the head with his hands not sure if it was a flusher or a porta-head.

Pel
07-12-04, 12:33 AM
I heard a story about a very troublesome recruit having to pull toilet paper from the head with his hands not sure if it was a flusher or a porta-head.

enviro
07-12-04, 01:27 AM
marine corp? When did we in incorporate? Are the stocks public yet? I want to buy into that.

cjwright90
07-12-04, 03:00 PM
I'll buy! Where do I sign up? BTW, baddie, in bootcamp, you'll probably spend many a man hour in the head, cleaning it.

HardJedi
07-12-04, 03:18 PM
Lord, this WAS meant as a joke, yes?

You will be cleaning things of all natures, shapes, and sizes either untill you have a high enough rank, or your enlistment is up.

Rilfes, vehicles, gear, bathroom, Company offices, ect ect ad nauseum.

Robbie0311/1800
07-12-04, 03:45 PM
You boys and girls I've been out of The Marine Corps very since
1968 and I'm still clean the Head.
Robbie

jryanjack
07-12-04, 03:48 PM
Pot Belly stoves were the worst! I swear a working party to supply was worse then anything!

Sgted
07-12-04, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Robbie0311/1800
You boys and girls I've been out of The Marine Corps very since
1968 and I'm still clean the Head.
Robbie

I'm still cleaning the head also.

The winner in the "cleaning the head" category was those 4 holers in 'Nam when it was your turn to pull out those 1/2 - 55 gallon drums, wad up some paper, add fuel oil then watch the contents burn to ash.

Great for roasting marshmellos !!!

ivalis
07-12-04, 09:13 PM
ed, always wondered why they sent me to radio school when i spent more time burning sh*tters than talking on the radio.
i didn't help being the FNG for 5 months.

VN smoke signals, plumes of black greasy smoke rising as far as the eye could see every morning.

ah!, to paraphrase Robert Duvall, "it smells like victory".

Tom Hansen
07-13-04, 11:22 AM
there will be a term that you will get to know, "Field Day". Marines love to Field Day especially Non Rates. For those who do not know what a Non Rate is it's the E-3's and below....

yellowwing
07-13-04, 11:51 AM
I heard the terms "Field Day" and "PX Call" before I shipped out to Parris Island.

I really thought a Field Day was like those in grade school, where the student body turned out and had a picnic with foot races and other contests!

And I really thought the PX Call was going to be quietly strolling around the PX looking at watches and sports coats!

Boy was I wrong! :banana:

airframesguru
07-13-04, 11:55 AM
Is there anything we didn't clean? I can't think of much. From the MAG HQ to the hangar - lots of cleaning, but it sure looked nice!

S/F,

Mike

Sgted
07-13-04, 12:07 PM
And I can REALLY remember the use of tooth brushes to get into the cracks !!!