PDA

View Full Version : Any advice???

J_Luttrell
07-09-04, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone I leave for MCRD San Diego in 19 days any advice to motivate me and advice to get me through...any would help...

garryh123
07-09-04, 07:42 PM
Don't drink the night before you leave....LOL

Echo_Four_Bravo
07-09-04, 08:49 PM
Go watch the Discovery special about BUD/S class 234, and be glad you aren't one of them. Remember, boot camp may suck, but at least you don't spend much time being wet, sandy, and cold. Well, in SD you may be all three, but likely just sandy and cold when you're "up north"

Really, its just a proving ground. Prove you have what it takes and soon you'll be one of us.

On a side note, do they have I-40 fixed near you yet?

J_Luttrell
07-10-04, 05:05 PM
I think were partyin like 2 or 3 nights before I leave...LOL....Yeah it could be worse but it's gonna be hard but just gotta stay determined and keep that mind set on becoming a United States Marine....thankz fella's...

Oh and Echo_Four_Bravo there still working on it over here to...the other day they had it backed up for like 9 miles...

Amanda
07-10-04, 08:59 PM
hey i am not a Marine but my boyfriend is at bootcamp right now at MCRD san diego! He writes and says that going to church helps him alot! he says it refreshes you mentally! He never was big on going to church before but now he says he really enjoys it! Anyways good luck!

cjwright90
07-12-04, 03:04 PM
Church in bootcamp made a big difference to my training, too.

Sgted
07-12-04, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by cjwright90
Church in bootcamp made a big difference to my training, too.

I still have my "Catholic Sunday Bulletin" from PISC dated 3 October 1965.
I recieved a great amount of comfort, and gave alot thanks for my joining the Marine Corps and actually having the strength to "hack" it.

J_Luttrell
07-13-04, 05:50 PM
I'll be sure to goto church while at boot camp to help me mentally but it also helps that if you go in with the attitude that "I'm going to become a United States Marine." Well i'm asking for advice and i'm giving it. Oh well maybe it'll help someone else out. Thanks everyone!

J_Luttrell
07-13-04, 06:06 PM
OH yeah!! for those of u that have went to MCRD San Diego...i know i can bring a address book but how much money am i supposed to bring my Welcome Aboard book says $20 but when the DI's come down they said only bring $10 so i'm confused