PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot gals take it off for Playboy

thedrifter
07-06-04, 01:37 PM
A little footnote for You Marines that like to read the articles.....;)

Home Depot gals take it off for Playboy

Playboy.com's 'Women of Home Depot' pictorial features six employees minus their orange aprons.
July 6, 2004: 1:29 PM EDT
By Parija Bhatnagar, CNN/Money Staff Writer

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Playboy.com launched the "Women of Home Depot" pictorial Tuesday, showcasing six of the retailer's "sexiest" female employees.

Playboy.com said in May it was searching for the sexiest women at Home Depot (HD: up $0.02 to $34.71, Research, Estimates), the world's largest home improvement retailer, to "shuck their orange smocks" and pose nude for the online pictorial.

"Playboy is an American icon and I am so excited to have been chosen as one of the models for this feature," said Rachel Parks, one of the feature's models. "This has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

The adult men's publication ran similar 'Women of Enron' and 'Women of Starbucks' photo spreads in Playboy magazine in 2002 and 2003.

Last November, Playboy.com ran its first version of the 'Women of....' pictorial featuring women from Wal-Mart.

For its part, Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, criticized the spread, saying it was "in poor taste" and went against its image as a family store.

Nevertheless, the Wal-Mart spread turned into the Playboy.com's biggest success to date, according to John Thomas, editor of the Web site.

"It was a real watershed moment for Playboy.com in terms of the number of people who actually paid money to get access to the pay-per-view part of the feature," he said.

Thomas said the Home Depot casting call elicited about 400 responses from employees. "That's much more than we had anticipated. We think the Home Depot feature could be even more successful than the Wal-Mart one."

The pictorial, which is exclusively on Playboy.com, features six models including a sales associate, a supervisor and a cashier. Playboy.com paid the models for the feature but would not disclose the amount.

Who's Thomas looking at next?

"Maybe 'Women of CNN' will be next," he joked.

"I'm sure there are a lot of nervous brands out there," he added. "We have between six to eight names that we're considering. One idea is a 'Women of fast-food' spread.

"The whole idea of this feature is to surprise people with the unexpected. People thought the Wal-Mart idea was a joke but the real beauty of it was the enormous buzz it created. We knew it would be a success when Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien joked about it."

Home Depot could not immediately be reached for comment. But the company had said it didn't endorse or support the pictorial when Playboy first announced it was doing the feature.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/06/news/newsmakers/homedepot_playboy/rachel_parks_homedepot.jpg

Home Depot supervisor Rachel Parks, one of the models featured in the pictorial, called it a "one-in-a-lifetime" experience.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/06/news/newsmakers/homedepot_playboy/index.htm

Ellie

Sparrowhawk
07-06-04, 02:15 PM
I'm buying Home Depot Orange Smocks for the women of Leatherneck.Com

WillManning
07-06-04, 02:33 PM
Brings new meaning to hardware.

thedrifter
07-06-04, 02:42 PM
Cook

Orange isn't my color.....Now if you make that in basic black.....Now that can change this girls mind......;)

Ellie

Super Dave
07-06-04, 02:45 PM
I'm looking for a screw..think they could help me?

snipowsky
07-06-04, 02:46 PM
I love Home Depot! And yes Playboy articles are awesome too!;)

lmao @ Super Dave!

Super Dave
07-06-04, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by snipowsky
I love Home Depot! And yes Playboy articles are awesome too!;)

lmao @ Super Dave!

Playboy has articles??? You're kidding..Right??

:confused:

thedrifter
07-06-04, 02:56 PM
Slapping Hand......

Will not say what I was thinking about the screws......;)

Ellie

USMC-FO
07-06-04, 03:07 PM
"Super Dave" What type of "screw" do you need? Wood, sheet metal, or a self taping screw....Oh and what size screw do you need?

Either way I am sure they did not pull these pics from any of the Home Depot's near me.....

Now if they go to CNN, FOX or MSNBC then that would be interesting...... I like the news when it is up close and personal....

grayshade
07-07-04, 03:02 PM
That's it. Now whenever I go into Home Depot I'm going to have that picture on my mind. Thanks alot.

Not a bad picture though.

SemperFiGirl79
07-07-04, 03:12 PM
Orange Smock for me please!! ;) Don't think I'd ever have the guts to pose for Playboy...but I could wear it around the house...too bad I live alone huh?

grayshade
07-07-04, 03:29 PM
You don't have to live alone if you don't want to. But I think the orange smock would be a very, very nice touch. I think I love Home Depot now. I will never shop for my home essentials anywhere else again.

SemperFiGirl79
07-07-04, 03:35 PM
Why Eddie...you want to live w/ me...oh wait! your moving to Florida...l almost forgot...lol!

grayshade
07-07-04, 03:39 PM
Well, you know what they say, "home is where you hang your hat". Not really sure where my hat is going to be. Is this an invite?
I'll bring the orange smock...lol

:qmark:

SemperFiGirl79
07-07-04, 03:42 PM
Perhaps...;)

SemperFiGirl79
07-07-04, 03:44 PM
Yeah, the orange smock is essential.
Kinda like American Express..."don't leave home w/out it." hehe :)
You can bring me one of those to....lol!

grayshade
07-08-04, 11:42 AM
How about I bring a nice bottle of wine along with the smock. I can cook dinner, I cook pretty good. Kinda have to, being alone and all.

:dazed:

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 11:59 AM
that's a deal!!
any man that can cook is a keeper...;)
the kitchen scares me...

airframesguru
07-08-04, 12:03 PM
I think the HD girls would be better suited to provide assistance with you search for various types of screws. More so than the local "Screw and Bolt" store around the corner.

Corny, Yes, I could help myself.

Ms. Ellie,

Any more where that came from?

S/F,

Mike

grayshade
07-08-04, 12:28 PM
Be at one with kitchen, the kitchen is our friend :)
I know you like Italian, I could give that a shot, don't know how it would turn out though. But the wine would be excellent. Besides, if I catch fire you could use it to put me out ;)

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 01:48 PM
alcohol is flammable genius...;) :p

grayshade
07-08-04, 01:53 PM
Yeah, but wine won't catch, believe me I know.

:yes: :evilgrin:

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 02:04 PM
uh...ok...don't think I wanna know that story...;)

grayshade
07-08-04, 02:11 PM
Believe me, don't think I want to tell it either...;)

airframesguru
07-08-04, 02:47 PM
Aw, com'n now. You got our curiosity go'n

S/F,

Mike

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 03:06 PM
hahahahahahahahaha....alright Eddie...fess up!!

grayshade
07-08-04, 03:35 PM
Okay, I can't remember what I was cooking, but the grease caught fire. I pulled back in an attempt to keep my face just the way it is, right. Spilling the whole pan of grease on my pant legs, thank god. My brother pours water on me, makes it worse. Out of agony and confusion I grab two bottles of wine, one a mellow white zinfindel, the other a saucey yet aromatic blush. And commence pouring both bottles all over myself until not a single drop remained. I even had wine in my ears. Dinner was turned out good though. Thank ya'll, for bringing back humble memories. I will haunt your dreams tonight ;)

P.S. Thanks Kate.:p

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 03:36 PM
LMAO!!!
OMG!!

That settles it....

YOUR ARE NEVER, EVER COOKING FOR ME!!!

too hilarious...;)

grayshade
07-08-04, 03:41 PM
I like to think I am a very good cook, without formal training that is. You win some, you lose some :)

And, you'll eat what I feed Ya' ;)

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 03:48 PM
Yes Sir!

:yes:

grayshade
07-08-04, 03:56 PM
I'm not a 'sir', I work for a livin' :) What about you Kate? I'm sure you've blown something up in the microwave ;)

SemperFiGirl79
07-08-04, 03:58 PM
uh...we are so NOT goin' there!!

I told you the kitchen scares me...;)

your not gettin' anything outta me...lol!

cjwright90
07-08-04, 04:02 PM
tickle fest!

grayshade
07-08-04, 04:07 PM
Pillowfight :)

grayshade
07-08-04, 04:14 PM
C'mon, kitten. I showed you mine, show me yours ;)
Just the smallest cooking incident. Or do they involve fire dept., P.D., or maybe HAZMAT :)

All things considered, I'm trying to goad you.

cjwright90
07-08-04, 04:34 PM
Its ok if it involved HAZMAT, I am sure Enviro can help out!