PDA

View Full Version : Had a Run in with an IDIOT this weekend

Super Dave
07-06-04, 11:42 AM
Background info for the story..

This took place at the Garland, TX 4th of July celebration.
Operation Apron was started by an AA flight attendant. They wear the aprons that the people sign when they transporting the troops to/from Iraq/Afghanistan. This program in NON-Political. We do this to show support for the troops.

The IDIOT!!

There was one incident with one BIG jerk that ruined two aprons with derogatory political comments. He wrote the first one early in the day and disappeared into the crowd. The just of his remarks were telling the troops to go AWOL. One of the Marine Moms read it after he wrote it but was unable to point him out to us. Later in the night during the fireworks display he returned. I didn’t know it at the time. However he was being a tad suspicious hiding what he was writing as he walked off I read it, (No More War For America Imperialism) and watch him as he walked back to where he was standing. I told James (another Marine) and he immediately went to have a discussion with the “person”. I joined James in advising this “person” that his political messages were unwelcome and the he had ruined 2 aprons. While the discussion was not heated it was heavy on the intensity. His illogical comments were quickly shot down. He was advised that if he came anywhere near the booth again James and I would assist him in departing the area. After our discussion James decided to get a Garland Police officer. After James explained the situation to the Police Officers, one of which was a Sgt in the Marines, they decided to have a discussion with this “person”. The Marine police officer spent about 20 minutes not only reaming a new one on the guy but logically shooting down every stupid political comment this brainwashed fool attempted to lay out.
It took every ounce of strength that James and I had not to separate this idiot from his teeth, but being in uniform, Marine Corps League, we did. I would love to see him while I’m in civies!!
I did get the officers names and will be sure to send a letter to the Chief of Police thanking them for their actions and get a Letter of Appreciation to the officers. They did their city proud that day.

cjwright90
07-06-04, 12:44 PM
I bet this guy never served, either. Did Rene' Gonzalas move to Texas?

thedrifter
07-06-04, 12:49 PM
Dave you never get through to these folks......They have the lots of words, but no answers when countered...You did good......At least I didn't have to place in a story of a Marine, destroying a Protestor.that we all know here at leatherneck...;)

Ellie

eddief
07-06-04, 12:53 PM
Who the hell is Rene Gonzalas?

cjwright90
07-06-04, 01:07 PM
That is the scumbag protestor @UMASS a couple whiles ago. Check the umass ass thread in Marine Mentor. He called Pat Tillman a Rambo for leaving the Cardinals to join the Army.

enviro
07-06-04, 01:39 PM
Damn CJ - IF Eddie didn't know who Rene Gonzales was, we were lucky. Now he's gonna put up a shrine and memorial for him.

Alright Eddie - get it over with quickly, please.

DSchmitke
07-06-04, 01:45 PM
Just another moron at work.

HardJedi
07-06-04, 01:46 PM
LOL. Yep shoulda never told Eddief who gonzales was. big mistake LOL

Sparrowhawk
07-06-04, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by eddief
Who the hell is Rene Gonzalas?

Kerry's 2nd pick for his running mate!

Sparrowhawk
07-06-04, 02:10 PM
Great restrain

I think I still would have decked him just for GP then repented of my evil ways afterwards.

SF

Cook

Kurt Stover
07-06-04, 02:13 PM
SuperDave, hey get off line with me...I'm in Garland right now...
Kurt

snipowsky
07-06-04, 03:05 PM
Pat Tillman was just recently awarded the Audie Murphy award posthumously. He was a hero in my eyes before he even died in Afghanistan. Giving up an NFL contract to serve our nation. That was a big sacrifice he made. And he paid the ultimate price for that sacrifice.

In uniform or not, I'd be going to jail that day! These protestors have nerve. While our brothers in arms are dying they are back home doing stupid things like this. Makes me sick to my stomach.

If they only knew the sacrifices we make to keep them free!

eddief
07-06-04, 05:16 PM
enviro
I remember hearing about that jackass now. I have much respect for our troops. My beef is with the slimy politicians. I can't stand people who do crap like this.

enviro
07-06-04, 11:46 PM
There may be hope for you yet Eddie!

I know where you stand - just busting your balls. Stick to your guns Eddie. I'd have much less respect for you if you were easily convinced. But we'll get you straight one of these days.

HardJedi
07-07-04, 12:10 AM
get him straight? you mean he's gay too? LOL ( kidding) LOL