PDA

View Full Version : Racial Profiling

HardJedi
06-30-04, 09:51 PM
Now I am sure this has been discussed here before, and probably will be again. For those people AGAINST racial profiling, think of it this way for a minute, ok?

Now, Just imagine, that EVERY single murder in the United States for the last 20 years, was commited by a caucasion male, 6'4" 220 lbs, short dark hair, blue eyes, and a goatee. ( that's me, by the way) Now, If that was the case, Don't you think any time someone was killed, that I ought to be pulled in for questioning? After all, I fit the description of EVERY single killer for the last twenty years, so chances are, I fit the description for this one as well, right?

I would, as an innocent man, of course, not like this, but I am pretty sure i would understand the reasons behind it, and since I was innocent, and had nothing to hide, I would go along, and do my best to help out.

I guess the point being, since the whole WORLD knows who has commited damn near every act of terrorism for the last 30 years or so, what exactly is WRONG with profiling people of the largest suspect group? I mean hell, doesn't it make SENSE to question these people before others?

Just curious what you might think.

Sgted
06-30-04, 10:39 PM
HardJedi....

Your post is very rational to me.
I agree with every word you have written.

American's see those 2 words, "racial profiling" and nothing else.
We at once go back to the 60's and 70's and think of the black struggle in this country. A struggle (and "profiling") that, some would say, continues to this day.
Add political correctness to the mix and you loose.
I see the 2 as being very different.
One oppresses people, the other protects the people.
I am at a loss to understand why we would protest this when it just might result in better safety for the masses.
This is really a new age.
Time for change.
Our enemy is serious about doing us harm.
He is patient and cunning.
9/11 resulted in thousands loosing their lives.
Can we imagine 10's of thousands being killed in a coordinated attack ??.