PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

cjwright90
06-29-04, 06:23 AM
Take a look at this story and tell me what you think:

http://www.coloradoannews.com/news/stories/20040622/news/695333.html

DebSantos
06-29-04, 09:55 PM
Hmmmmm. Its kind of sad. Im not sure what to think . keep us posted !

Deb

fulmetaljackass
06-29-04, 10:02 PM
Well...if it were just someone purging their closet (and mine are still in my closet in wall locker inspection order.....but cramped in a smaller space to make room for other stuff), then why the American flag and yellow rose?

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-29-04, 10:57 PM
I don't know what its all about, but I am going to assume that it is some sort of memorial to the brothers and sisters we have lost. That being the case, I am glad they're there and thankful that nobody has messed with them.

cjwright90
06-30-04, 06:35 AM
So far, I am with E4B on this one.

cjwright90
06-30-04, 06:44 AM
I have an email in to the writer of that article, to see if he has any more information. Google search gives a few hits, but they all point back to the same article. I will keep looking.

benny rutledge
06-30-04, 10:15 AM
Those Uniforms are a Symbol of our Country and our Corps.Next L/Cpl Weaver will be throwing the American flag on the ground.Regardless of the intended message,this is a disgracefull way to leave the symbol of our Corps and Country.I only pray that if the Weaver family has left this display as an Homage to their son,that they reconsider and find a more appropriate way to do so.

cjwright90
06-30-04, 10:24 AM
Got this from the writer of the first article: <br />
Below is a follow-up article that ran Saturday, June 26. As you will read, the uniforms disappeared as mysteriously as they appeared. The Marine Corps...

Namvet67
06-30-04, 10:26 AM
You got me....but I don't like it. I noticed that the eagle, globe and anchor are missing.

Super Dave
06-30-04, 10:36 AM
I think I need to have a little "talk" with this idiot.....

fulmetaljackass
06-30-04, 11:08 AM
I still think it was a tribute thanks to the yellow rose and flag left with the uniforms, but I agree with recent posters. It's more of a disrespect than a tribute.

cjwright90
06-30-04, 11:44 AM
Probably was meant as a tribute of some sort, but whomever did it did not realize that Marines would not care for this type of "tribute" -leaving our uniforms out in the rain, etc.

Sparrowhawk
06-30-04, 11:57 AM
It's all very sinple.

The chick "Suzy" that lives down the road about half a mile away, has had this guy by the name of Weaver, a Marine over several times, and he has had to run for it everytime her husband got home, thus all the uniforms.

He called her and she said, she'll hang the uniforms he's left behind at her house out by the fence.

Before he could get out to get them, some news reporter reported the uniforms hanging on the fence and that before the Marine could get away from his old lady to get his uniforms back. He kept telling his wife, he left his uniform at the cleaners and on Thursday, he had to report back to duty.

Sometimes you need to think like a Marine to understand the full story.. LMAO

sgt.lane
06-30-04, 02:17 PM
i have seen that happen