PDA

View Full Version : Dress Blues uniform in the sumer

MRowan
06-28-04, 03:05 PM
Just Have a quick question. I'm going to my sisters weding in july, and she wants me to wear my dress blue uniform. I remember reading somewhere that in the summer, you wear white pants with the dress blues. Is this correct? Thanks for any help.

Lcpl. Rowan:marine:

MillRatUSMC
06-28-04, 04:28 PM
L/Cpl Rowan here's a little information;
http://www.usmc.mil/maradmins/maradmin2000.nsf/0/fce2114039ccd0a685256d3d00512d5e?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,mcub
Says Staff Non Commission Officers

http://www.southcom.mil/usag-miami/images/New%20Site/About%20Southcom/Joint%20101/Uniforms/USMC%20Uniforms/Fig2-20_small.gif

http://www.southcom.mil/usag-miami/asc-joint-unif-usmc-pboard.htm

This one says enlisted but it states when it can be worn.

2. The blue-white dress "A" uniform consists of the same items as the blue dress "A" except the trousers/skirt/slacks will be white. Female officers will wear black pumps, black oxfords, or black dress flats (per the guidance at subparagraph 3010.4), black handbag/purse (when required or desired), skin-tone nylon hose (with coat and skirt) or either dark hose or black socks (with coat and slacks), optional gold or pearl earrings as authorized with the equivalent blue dress uniform (when desired) and white shirt with scarlet necktab (with coat and skirt) or black necktab (with coat and slacks). However, only those female officers in assignments requiring the wear of blue slacks will be required to possess white slacks. Trousers, skirts, and slacks for enlisted Marines or white slacks for female officers will be procured from commercial sources utilizing specifications, patterns, and materials obtained from CG MCLB Albany, per subparagraph 1007.5. This uniform may only be prescribed for official parades, ceremonies, and reviews, and formal/ semiformal social occasions and will not be worn on leave or liberty. (ALMAR 144/95)

<MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=scroll DIRECTION=left LOOP=infinite>TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY I AM A MARINE</MARQUEE>

http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/index.html

"The saddest part of the job that I have undertaken is that the armed services by their nature, represent the last resort,
when rational solutions to the country's problems have failed."
~ Lt. Cmdr. Harry Mossman US Navy ~
Remains recover in 1992 and indentified recently.

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind".

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

yellowwing
06-28-04, 08:31 PM
Be careful of the unwritten marriage cermony codes. It is improper to dress better than the Groom! Especially if you are to stand there as the Best Man.

If the Groom can only afford a cheap suit or second rate tuxedo, you would dishonor him by showing up in Dress Blues. Toning down to your Alphas would be a good compromise.

Remember, if you are the only Marine there, you are representing the whole Marine Corps to that community.

mrbsox
06-28-04, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by MRowan

I'm going to my sisters weding in july, and she wants me to wear my dress blue uniform.

Lcpl. Rowan:marine:

As near as I can remember, if the BRIDE asks, it's in good taste.
If she wants Blues, go for the blues.

Originally posted by yellowwing

If the Groom can only afford a cheap suit or second rate tuxedo, you would dishonor him by showing up in Dress Blues. Toning down to your Alphas would be a good compromise.

Let the groom worry about his own looks !!

thomas bruce
06-29-04, 01:05 AM
We never wore white trousers (yes, Lcpl. Rowan, trousers. Women were pants; at least thats what my D.I's taught me) when I was on barracks duty and we wore them ALOT!

I always figured them to be more ceremonial than anything else.
When in doubt, go to the Gunny! Gunnies know everything and for some strange reason he doesn't, he will find out for you, or he wouldn't be a Gunny.

Also, Marines should have a little class and know when not to showboat. Dress down if you need to, after all it is your sister's wedding, not yours.

Semper Fi,
T.J.

cjwright90
06-29-04, 06:49 AM
I agree with Thomas Bruce on this one. Never wore nor saw anyone wear white trousers when I was on Barracks Duty, not even at Dining Ins.

cjwright90
06-29-04, 06:50 AM
Besides, it is not the blue trousers that are going to be the hot part, but the jacket itself.