PDA

View Full Version : Arab TV Shows Tape of Marine Held Hostage

thedrifter
06-27-04, 04:06 PM
Arab TV Shows Tape of Marine Held Hostage

30 minutes ago

By ROBERT H. REID, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - An Arab satellite TV network broadcast a videotape Sunday showing a blindfolded man in military fatigues and said he was a U.S. Marine taken hostage in Iraq (news - web sites).

There was no immediate comment from the U.S. military, but the video showed a card identifying the man by a Pakistani name and as an "active duty" Marine. The man had a trimmed moustache and his eyes were covered with a white blindfold.

The Al-Jazeera network said the group claimed it infiltrated a Marine outpost, lured the man outside and abducted him. The station said the group demanded the release of all Iraqis "in occupation jails" or the man would be killed.

The group identified itself as "Islamic Response," the security wing of the "1920 Revolution Brigades" referring to the uprising against the British after World War I.

Earlier Sunday, another Pakistani hostage was shown on a tape broadcast by a different Arab television station, Al-Arabiya. Four masked gunmen threatened to decapitate him if American troops don't release prisoners in several areas of central Iraq within the next three days.

It was unclear how either set of kidnappers was linked to Jordanian terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who claimed responsibility for the decapitation deaths of American Nicholas Berg and South Korean Kim Sun-il last week.

Also Sunday, Turkey refused demands by militants to cease business with Iraq's U.S. occupiers or three Turkish hostages would be decapitated.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040627/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_marine_hostage

Ellie

HardJedi
06-27-04, 05:03 PM
Ya know, you would think by now these people would realise, NO ONE is going to release all of their prisoners, to save the life of ONE man. And that's the way it SHOULD be. The greatest good for the largest number. That is the way the world SHOULD work.

Even if my ENTIRE family, and ALL of my friends were held by these madmen, I would BEG the powers that be that the demands were NOT met. To give in to the demands of terrorists, is to give them power and validity in their actions, and only encourages more of the same.

May god be with the families of the hostages, and with the hostages themselves.

thedrifter
06-27-04, 05:55 PM
Captive US marine faces execution in Iraq

Monday 28 June 2004, 1:23 Makka Time, 22:23 GMT

A US marine captured by a purported Iraqi resistance group is to be decapitated unless certain prisoners held in occupation prisons are released.

In a video broadcast by Aljazeera on Sunday, the Islamic Retaliation Movement/Armed Resistance Wing said US marine Hassoun Wassef Ali would be beheaded if detainees in US-led occupation prisons were not freed.

The group claims to have taken Ali - of Pakistani origin - captive after "infiltrating a US military base in Iraq".

The video received by Aljazeera shows a kneeling blindfolded moustached man in camouflage military garb. A hand holding a long sword is seen standing behind Ali.

Just hours earlier, an unidentified group of purported Iraqi fighters threatened to behead a Pakistani driver working for a US-occupation contractor within three days.

The captors also urged Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf to shut down his country's embassy in Iraq.

Captive details

The second captive was named as Yusuf Amjad, an employee of US contractor Kellogg Brown and Root (KBR).

Video sent to Aljazeera included
proof of marine's identity

KBR is a subsidiary of the giant Halliburton company which was once headed by US Vice President Dick Cheney.

Like other contractors for the US-led occupation, it has suffered mounting attacks on its staff.

"This man was taken after an attack on a US base in Balad," said one of the masked fighters on a tape obtained by Al-Arabiya.

"You must release our prisoners held near the US base in Balad, in Dujail, in Yathrib, in Samarra and near Abu Ghraib. You have three days from the date of this recording and after that we will behead him. We have warned you."

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdonlyres/27DFDFC0-2CDE-4EF7-8731-FF0900CE82BF/41401/6B98E5FC192F4837A9A5D841FE8C504C.jpg

US marine Hassoun Ali is one ot two captives under threat

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/rdonlyres/27DFDFC0-2CDE-4EF7-8731-FF0900CE82BF/41402/EC02193B5392455F92A84803E97BBEA4.jpg

Video sent to Aljazeera included
proof of marine's identity

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/27DFDFC0-2CDE-4EF7-8731-FF0900CE82BF.htm

God Bless This Marine.....and Our Troops

Ellie

HardJedi
06-27-04, 06:14 PM
Like I said, My prayers go out to this Marine and his family. And I wish there was another way, but there is not.

Semper Fi, Brother.

thomas bruce
06-27-04, 06:32 PM
Our thoughts and prays got to this Marine's family. To him we would say to stand firm in your beliefs. Semper Fidelis till the end of time.

Semper Fi,
T.J.

yellowwing
06-27-04, 07:19 PM
I am really getting p*ssed and this. :mad:

Back in the 20's the Brits put down that Iraqi insurgency by shear force. They've kidnaped Americans, Koreans, Japanese, Turks, Pakastanis, that's coalition enough to waste them all.

Some reports indicate Iraqi Coalition policeman cooperating with these murderers. That's enough of an intelligence lead to start rounding them up.

God protect this Marine brother and be with his family.

Semper Fidelis

devildog21345
06-27-04, 08:11 PM
My thoughts on this when they behead that Marine. Unleash all the dogs of war and show the ragheads how brutal we can be and tell the rest of the world to kiss our a$$es

HardJedi
06-27-04, 08:14 PM
think it'sabout time too reactivate ALL Marines, and set us loose.:mad:

devildog21345
06-27-04, 08:17 PM
you got that right HardJedi

devildog21345
06-27-04, 08:18 PM
In my area there is enoigh retired Marines we could form our own MEU

sgt.lane
06-27-04, 08:36 PM
My God be with his family, cause if they do this some Marines in the box are gonna be super pi$$ed and somebody is gonna have to take the brunt of all this for taking the life of a brother. It is about time to stand by and let the Marines take out the trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Big Dog needs to eat==let loose the Devil Dogs of WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

firemanfrank
06-27-04, 08:41 PM
Semper Fi Brother!
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Arlene Horton
06-27-04, 08:48 PM
The cowards who have another hostage, a Marine at that, will learn one way or another that Marines don't back off or run! Everyone with brains and not oatmeal in their heads realize the ragheads will murder him anyway, if the Iraqi prisoners are released. Our prayers are with our fellow Marine. Semper Fi.

leroy8541
06-27-04, 10:50 PM
I say behead all the prisoners they are wanting released after they kill our brother in arms. I am not in the least bit interested in the beheading of the civilians who are putting themselves in harmsway, but this is a Marine, and this dog ain't going to hunt!!!

Sparrowhawk
06-28-04, 12:17 AM
Just got back from a trip, haven't been looking at the news but those two pics don't look like the same person?

A Marine is missing.... that's for sure...

MillRatUSMC
06-28-04, 12:44 AM
I think we best wait till all the cows come home.
There a report saying that he deserted his unit in Iraq.
Another report says the insurgents tricked him.
That how they were able to kidnap this Marine.
Now is he of the muslim faith?
That should prove interesting.
My first thoughts were that we should do as Marines did in the Phippines when they were fighting the Moro's.
But that would be PC now.
Can't remember the Officer name that made use of a pig skin.
Than a thought came to mind;
In Vietnam, Gunny Hathcock shot a female VC, after she had tortured this Marine.
He shot her in a manner that she was sure to die, but not very quick.
He made her suffer, just as she had made the Marine she tortured.

<MARQUEE BEHAVIOR=scroll DIRECTION=left LOOP=infinite COLOR=red>
"The price of Freedom is buried in the ground."</MARQUEE>

http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/index.html

"The saddest part of the job that I have undertaken is that the armed services by their nature, represent the last resort,
when rational solutions to the country's problems have failed."
~ Lt. Cmdr. Harry Mossman US Navy ~
Remains recover in 1992 and indentified recently.

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind".

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

snipowsky
06-28-04, 12:47 AM
How in the hell did they "infiltrate" an American base to capture one of our own? This is getting way out of hand. Now they have a brother of ours and they are going to behead him for sure. I'm just wondering what the response from the United States Marine Corps will be. Hopefully we will level whatever city is helping these insurgents.

To me those two pictures look like the same guy. He's of Pakistani origin and it goes to show they will even kill their own people to make a point. No matter where this guy is from he is my brother and this war is getting more and more personal with me everyday. I think it's time we ask for the Israelis help in this and let them loose.

I'm sick of our Government downplaying this situation in Iraq like everything is going to be ok. Well obviously it isn't and we need to be ruthless like these insurgents are. Who cares about the Geneva convention. We are the only ones who follow rules of war. Why is this? Nobody else does besides civilized nations. This is the 21st Century and we can't use 20th Century rules to fight a war in the 21st Century. That makes no sense at all.

We should start giving them a taste of their own medicine. Until then nothing will change over there. Seems to me like the insurgents are winning this war called Iraqi Freedom. So sad, but so true.

ramy
06-28-04, 02:09 AM
same person in my opinion.
I believe his familly already identified him but I may be wrong..

Wyoming
06-28-04, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by HardJedi
think it'sabout time too reactivate ALL Marines, and set us loose.:mad:

Me and Greybeard could do it.

What a deal, durn near 40 years since the last time we had our flights suits on.

I bet we could still crew a 46 if we had too.

DSchmitke
06-28-04, 06:49 AM
Let's GO Load'em up

cjwright90
06-28-04, 06:59 AM
I saw that story in the local paper this morning and started feeling like Snip. Seeing RED!

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war; That this foul deed shall smell above the earth

jryanjack
06-28-04, 07:11 AM
No better friend, no worse enemy....It doesn't seem like the friend part is working, so now its time to open up a can of whoop a$$!

Super Dave
06-28-04, 09:06 AM
I hope they find him soon, this makes my blood boil. Let us old guys back in and send us over....

Sparrowhawk
06-28-04, 09:46 AM
When we locate and identify the terrorist, kill them then, go in and destroy their relatives homes and kill their family.

I would not hesitate in doing this.

Catz1611
06-29-04, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
Just got back from a trip, haven't been looking at the news but those two pics don't look like the same person?

A Marine is missing.... that's for sure... I thought the exact same thing Sparrrowhawk..the hairlines are different as well as the facial shape..the guy in the ID has a Square jaw..the guy blindfolded doesn't..to me doesn't look like the same person ..Not to mention that the Marine Corps hasn't confirmed that this IS the missing Marine.... The uniform looks "ify" too...no rank..no slanted name strips and I believe if they were there, you'd see them..and what are those black things on the sleeves? No Marines I know have those on their Cammis....I don't know..something just doesn't seem right about the whole thing...