PDA

View Full Version : Addresses?

Seeley
06-26-04, 02:26 AM
Well I'm going to the hotel Sunday night at 1700 and then I'm off on my quest to earn the title "Marine." If anyone wants me to write to them in boot (if I have the time of course) PM me or post here if you feel like it!

thedrifter
06-26-04, 05:26 AM
Good Luck....

Stay Motivated...........

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

JaiSteele
06-27-04, 12:36 AM
Hey Seely, never really talked to you, but I would write if you want. Always willing to give some motivation to someone in need. ;) Just let me know.

Seeley
06-27-04, 06:29 PM
Well, I'm off to the RSS now. I'll have my mom post on here my address for you all after I get it for her. Next time y'all hear from me I'll be a MARINE! Hang tough POOLee's!!!

Toby M
06-27-04, 07:35 PM
Best of luck to you Seeley!

Amanda
07-02-04, 12:50 PM
hey seeley! this is amanda, you should know me since i am your girlfriend! : ) I love you, I will miss you, but i am happy you are following your dreams! It would be selfish to ask you to stay here! Good luck baby! I'll be here!

cjwright90
07-02-04, 01:04 PM
It is very good Amanda to support Seeley. Important to him and you. He will be back before you know it.

Amanda
07-02-04, 01:16 PM
thanks cjwright, i miss him! Hey anyone have advice for the women in Marines lives? Especially when their Marine is active duty infantry? What should you send them, what comforts them? What comforts us?

Namvet67
07-02-04, 01:19 PM
Good luck...looks like Amanda will be your best supporter. Semper Fi...Way to go Amanda

Angel
07-02-04, 01:20 PM
Hmm.. I guess you just have to be patient... and understand that what they are doing is for their country.. and what he need most is your support and your willingness to always be there no matter what.. and since he's in bootcamp.. Send him lots of letters... The more the better and encourage him to keep on going when things get tough..

cjwright90
07-02-04, 01:43 PM
Just do not put a lot of perfume on the letters. He will catch serious hell for that!

jryanjack
07-02-04, 01:48 PM
Remember, if you are going to send him pictures while in Boot Camp, be sure to write "Do no bend" on both the front and back - otherwise the pictures might get all bent up in the mail.

Angel
07-02-04, 01:50 PM
Another thing.. if you want to get the DI's Attention.. WRITE ON THE ENVELOPE..

GySgtRet
07-02-04, 02:04 PM
cjwright90,

GOOD ADVICE....!!!!

Angel,

She has to write on the envelope. Do you mean don't write things like S. W. A. K. ?

Angel
07-02-04, 02:08 PM
I mean if she wants to get the DI's attention to write messages on the envelope..

GySgtRet
07-02-04, 02:25 PM
Angel,

OH by all means it will get the DI's attention most definately.

OOH RAAH

Wyoming
07-02-04, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Amanda
thanks cjwright, i miss him! Hey anyone have advice for the women in Marines lives? Especially when their Marine is active duty infantry? What should you send them, what comforts them? What comforts us?

What should you send them?

While at boot camp, send cookies, chocolate chip, a couple of dozen. He'll appreciate them and remember the 'gift' forever. Same with a huge bag of candy.:evilgrin:

GySgtRet
07-02-04, 03:14 PM
bigalholmes165,

Good One

Angel
07-02-04, 03:24 PM
Lolz.. You guys...

Amanda
07-02-04, 04:25 PM
yeah his guy friends are going to send him a pink envelope with glitter inside and perfume and lip prints on the outside! I feel bad for him, poor guy is going to have hell to pay! I would do something like that but i would be afraid that he would not think it was funny if he got into trouble for it!

Angel
07-02-04, 06:02 PM
Lolz.. I did that when my boyfriend was at Boot Camp... But the thing was I didn't know that it would get him in trouble until he told me.. I didn't do the perfume thing tho.. I did the Lip prints and the message on the outside.. It was funny though because he told me that the DI would read the message out loud to the whole platoon and it would say something like this..

I LOVE YOU HONEY! *MUAHZ* CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN..
hehe..

Amanda
07-02-04, 08:00 PM
ha ha did he get in trouble or just teased alot? Do they really read the letter or just kinda make it up? Man cause if they dont get into to much crap for it i think it would be funny to send him a love letter and see how he reacted to it in the next letter i got!

hehe..

Amanda
07-02-04, 08:00 PM
ha ha did he get in trouble or just teased alot? Do they really read the letter or just kinda make it up? Man cause if they dont get into to much crap for it i think it would be funny to send him a love letter and see how he reacted to it in the next letter i got!

hehe..

seeleysmom
07-02-04, 10:26 PM
Hi All! This is Seeley's Mom. I haven't received any mail from him yet but expect to in the next week or so. I will post his address when I get it. I just wanted to thank all of you for the support and friendship you have given him over this past year. I know it meant alot to him.

Angel
07-03-04, 12:56 PM
Hmm.. He didn't get in trouble but he did get teased by his Drill Instructors and the other recruits.. Lolz.. It's like a source of entertainment for them I guess but I don't think my boyfriend enjoyed it much.. but then again.. he got use to it.. and when I went to his graduation in PI, everyone knew who I was and I just started blushing.. but we had a good time there

Amanda
07-03-04, 02:24 PM
i see, that is cool! Man its hard when you miss them so much! Where is your boyfriend now? What MOS is he?

Angel
07-03-04, 11:37 PM
Yeah it's hard when you do miss them that much but hey, he's a Marine, the FEW and the PROUD.. I'm glad to be his main support and will always be by his side.. Right now he's in Mississippi and will be heading off to Iwakuni, Japan in like 2 weeks.. I'm not going to be able to see him until another 1 or 2 more years because he's heading straight to Japan and is not taking his 10 day leave..:(.. but oo wells I'll visit him there.. hehe.. about his MOS. He's Mos #6042 Asset Management and if you ask me what kind of job? I really dont have that much idea on what he does and all I know is that he does something with Avionics.. Alright off of my subject.. How about you Amanda? What Mos do you want since you're planning to also join the Corps? and also did you hear from your boyfriend yet? Well hope and wishes you guys the best...

Amanda
07-04-04, 12:50 AM
no i have not heared form him yet : ( but i cant wait! I guess i am going through the shock of not seeing him for so long. I mean i knew it would happen but nothing can prepair you for it! I am so proud of him though! He was the CO of the MCJROTC unit in his highschool! Yeah we have known eachother for 2 years and been dating for 1 and a half years! We want to get married, but are just waiting for the right time! Maybe in a couple years or so! But anyways i am thinking about being an MP or something like that! I am not really sure but i will probibly go reserves so i can be with shawn more! Well write back! Its nice talking to someone in the same position as me HEHE!! : )

Angel
07-04-04, 12:59 PM
Aww.. It's ok you should be hearing from him right around the beginning of this week because it takes around 3 days for mail to be delivered.. Hmm.. His mom should have gotten the postcard that they have given him to send home to tell his family his address.. But anyhow, Yeah I know exactly what you meant by the shock of not seeing him for so long.. But it was more of a shock for me because when he was called for Boot camp it was a minutes notice.. He didnt have a clue when he was leaving and they just called him that day and asked him if he was ready for Boot Camp yet.. He said yes and he just left for Boot Camp.. We didn't get to see eachother because I was in school so he just called me to say bye and left... Those 3 months was hard for both me and him.. But the beginning is always the hardest.. and as it get toward the end it gets easier and I was glad I waited because it was worth the effort waiting for.. The smile and pride on his face on Graduation Day at Parris Island was something I'll never forget.. It was the end of Boot Camp and the beginning of a new life for him.. and in the end I'll always be proud of him.. Just that I have to adjust to his frequent leaves and know that what he is doing is important and to support him 100%.. I think a relationship is basically build on trust and faith.. If you have those two things it'll work out for the best... Just dont forget to keep on motivating him because he needs your support more than ever now.. and he will remember who has stood by him so if you keep on sending him letters and supporting him dont even worry about him forgetting about you.. because he wouldn't.. unless he has amnesia... hehe..

Amanda
07-04-04, 02:06 PM
haha yeah, i know, i have already writen him even though i dont have his address yet! Yeah i support him and all, and he even told me if i wanted him to go reserve that he would do it for me! But i told him to go active duty infantry, because thats his dream and it would not be fare for me to ask him to give up his dream. He never has asked me to give up mine! So i support him and will stay by his side! But i cant wait until he graduates and i get to see him all proud and smiling! Hey i saw your picture in the thread that was called pictures! If you want you can go there and see shawn and my picture. it was posted by seeley! he is in dress blues! Just incase your interested! : )

Angel
07-04-04, 02:11 PM
OO yeah! I remember that.. Hehe.. You guys are a cute couple.. I hope and wishes you all the best.. and keep up with the letters hehe.. It's hard but you could do it.. If you need someone to talk to.. You can talk to me!. And you are going to his graduation right? Well if you are, you are going to be soo astonished and amazed at how organized they are.. If not, I truely advise you go to his graduation.. It's one hell of experience... I got intimidated by them when they all shouted out OOO RAH!!!! man it was scary.....

Amanda
07-04-04, 02:28 PM
yeah i am going to his graduation, he is graduating from san diego. : ) yeah i cant wait to see the graduation. Well yeah we will have to keep in touch! Good luck with you and your boyfriend! Sounds like you two will do just fine! : )

Angel
07-04-04, 02:36 PM
:) Thank You and Good Luck with you and your boyfriend too.. You guys would do just fine afterall you guys made it this far why give up now! hehe

tophor
07-04-04, 09:17 PM
GOOD LUCK SEELEY!! Keep your head up and out of your 6 (a##) listen to your DI's really close!! Take it easy SEMPER FI!!!!