PDA

View Full Version : The war that we're losing

fulmetaljackass
06-26-04, 02:02 AM
Here's my two cents and a nickel more....

These are points I've posted before, but every time I read something from the media reports on here.....D@!M it gets me going!!!!

We are fighting a war on terrorism. Right now, the main focus is on Iraq, where we are kicking a@@.

Then there is what is referred to as "the forgotten war," and by that I mean the fighting our troops are going through in Afghan(trashcan)istan. Our troops are kicking some hindquarters there, too.

....but there's a war going on right here at home. It is not often publicized, therefore it cannot be referred to as forgotten. It has been outright hushed up and swept under the rug. This war is not being fought by troops overseas. It is being LOST by a large portion of the American population right here at home.

I am referring to the continuing war stupidity. We have already slipped dangerously close to defeat. No amount of terrorist action can defeat this country, but they don't need to, because we're doing it for them.

We are doing it for them by allowing this nation to be ruled by political correctness and so called "civil rights."

Am I needlessly long-winded or what? Please bear with me and keep reading. I know it's long-winded, but I don't think as coherently as usual when I'm P*@@ED OFF!! Just imagine me screaming these words instead of sitting here quietly at my keyboard.

...back to the civil rights thing. We're granting them to too many people who don't deserve them, and we're taking them away from too many people who do. Violations of civil rights REALLY spark debate, don't they?

I am constantly reminded of the violation of the civil rights of those who died on September 11, 2001 in favor of granting civil rights to one of the terrorists responsible for the attacks whose suspicious behavior was noted when by a flight school when he wanted to learn how to fly a plane, but he didn't want to learn how to land it. He was not investigated further because then we been guilty of racial profiling and violating his civil rights. OH NO!!!!

I am constantly reminded of the casualties from anthrax via the postal service after 9/11. I firmly hold the belief that our law enforcement and investigative agencies could have done more, but then we'd have been guilty of racial profiling and violating someone's civil rights. OH NO!!!!

I am constantly reminded of listening to a man at school talking to a friend of his between classes about a trip he'd taken the previous week. He spent an insane amount of time waiting to get to his plane as each and every red-blooded AMERICAN was scrutinized by security only to witness a woman in traditional Middle Eastern garb whisked right past the line and through security because if she had been checked too, airport security would have been guilty of racial profiling and violating here civil rights. OH NO!!!!

I am constantly reminded of taking my best friend to the airport, a brand new U.S. Marine with orders in hand bound for the School of Infantry, and watching in disgust as he was made to unlock and unpack his sea bag so airport security could go through it because I had carried it in for him. Something just doesn't jive with me on that.

I support what we are doing overseas. It is great that we are removing governments such as the Taliban and brutal dictators such as Saddam Hussein so that people in those regions can begin to know the freedom that many in the U.S. take for granted, but until we take up arms and change our plan of attack in the war going on right here at home, I will think of the American lives lost on foreign soil more as squandered rather than well spent.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we should turn the U.S. into some kind of police state without the rights and liberties that we have today, but D!&N....when are we going to exercise some freakin' common sense!!!!

To anyone who has read this far (or to anyone who skipped all the B.S. between the beginning and the end of this post for that matter), thanks for your time. I'm eager to read your thoughts and opinions, too.

HardJedi
06-26-04, 11:01 PM
I feel, and have felt, mush the same for a long time. if it wouldn't get me attacked, I would voice a very strange wish on hese boards. but it might be too hard to defend on here as well, cause I hatee typing :D

Sgted
06-26-04, 11:49 PM
Fulmetaljack(you are not an)ass,

Couldn't have said it better myself.
America really does need to wake up and smell the coffee.
In this new age of terroism here on our own soil we just may have to give up a few civil liberties.
I am perfectly OK with that
Like the lawyer that was fingered in the Madrid train bombings. He was "incovienienced" because of possiple involvement in these despicable acts, found to be innocent and let go.
Poor thing.
However, maybe a good thing as it relates to ALL of us in the BIGGER picture.

But Americans like to whine, are in a rush and are way too PC to be bothered with such nonsense.
Things like airport security.
Or (God forbid) racial profiling.

Back in the 70's & 80's there was a slew of plane hijackings. Maybe you can recall that sky marshalls were put on some planes to try and thwart or discourage these hijackings.
But that was way too much trouble for we here in the states.
No more marshalls.

4.....count them....4 planes were hijacked on 9/11 with plans in place for maybe 10 planes to be hijacked that horrid day.
It just might have happened (the 10 planes) because we were sitting on our butts, airport security fell into the abyss. Seems like 9/11 could have been a much greater horror had the terrorists carried out the 10 plane plan.

Americans just don't like this stuff.
It upsets them.
Memories are short and we don't want to see pictures of the twin towers falling or American KIA's arriving home from a far away war.
Men & women giving their lives for the good of all.
Meanwhile, the enemy is here.
Looking for the right time to do much harm to us.
Quite possiply greater then 9/11.

CPLRapoza
06-27-04, 12:40 AM
You read my mine, bro, you read my mind.