PDA

View Full Version : Today isn't a "Good Day"

MillRatUSMC
06-24-04, 09:46 AM
From all the reports coming out of Iraq, make one feel like a day in 1968 in Vietnam.
There too the media made it more than what actually was happening.
One questions why the Iraqi's are allowing Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who a Jordian to call the shots.
One report says that attacks were well co-ordinated almost if they were planned way ahead.
Were did I hear that before?
30 June is starting to sound like "We seeing the light at the end of the tunnel".
The Iraqi's are a long way from providing their own security.
I'm starting to fear that a civil war will take place soon, the Kurds in the north and south haven't been heard from.
Than there both factions of the muslim faith, the Shiite and Sunni's
add to that mix any Christians or other faiths.
Everybody has something to say, Ron Regean say, the invasion of Iraq was a big mistake and it just made more recruits for bin liden.
"The first casualty of War is Truth"
"The truth shall set thee free"
But what is the truth?
What if, add anything you want, could have, add anything, would have, add anything.
Where are they, add anything and we come to the conculsion that nothing is what it's seem to be...
We been accused of being Crusaders maybe we should paint this on our vehicles or any place else, Oh! it wouldn't be PC!!!
Sad

jinelson
06-24-04, 10:44 AM
MillRatUSMC good minds think alike, I also was reminded of a day in February 1968 in RVN when I read the current Iraq sitrep.

Semper Fi
Jim

MillRatUSMC
06-24-04, 10:52 AM
http://www.comcast.net/News/GENERAL//XML/1107_AP_Online_Regional___Middle_East/081322f9-63bd-4144-95b9-0c3767ae2b0d.html

Sad...
Bet you the house, that some will make this sitution political and to their advantage...
Sad...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

devildogg1021
06-24-04, 12:08 PM
"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind".

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi

HardJedi
06-24-04, 02:54 PM
not that I was alive in 68, but I am a history m,ajor, and when I woke up this morning, that was the exact same thing I thought of as well.

maybe this is mean of me, but I don't care.......

last I heard, at least out of the 100 or so dead, only 3 were US military.

and who cares if they kill ach other off? save us some ammo.

MillRatUSMC
06-24-04, 09:52 PM
OK, someone has to ask the hard questions;
First how are these insurgents communicating?
Second why wasn't some agency aware of these communications?
Where these plans in-place a long time ago, and will other attacks follow these attacks.
If we know where there's strong holes.
Why in Heaven's name are they still standing?
If we can pick the fish out of the water, than he fair game.
Are they making use of the web and encrypting software?
Any line of sight communications we should be able to pick up.
Than why were the Iraqi's caught off-guard?
Some Iraqi's must have known that this was in the works.
There had to be a warning of sorts, why wasn't that warning pick-up by anyone?
A lot of Iraqi's died today, beside some of our service personell.
It was meant to prove visually to the Iraqi's that they won't be safe after 30 June...
Sad...
This might require a bigger presence of our military...
Sad...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
06-24-04, 10:40 PM
To add to our woes on this miserable day...
http://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/1110_AP_Online_Regional___National__US_/897ffa27-74f2-488b-92f8-99470930d226.html

Now one has to question the timing of this release of this poll.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

eddief
06-24-04, 10:42 PM
I don't give a damn about any of the camel jockeys that bit the dust today. I just care about our troops over there.

yellowwing
06-24-04, 11:30 PM
Yup, it was even a bad day for VP Dick Cheney. Despite his Supreme Court victory to keep his executive meetings confidential, he got into a verbal scrap with Senator Leahy.

Sen. Leahy Says Cheney Cursed at Him (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=544&ncid=693&e=1&u=/ap/20040625/ap_on_go_pr_wh/cheney_curse) "I think he was just having a bad day," Leahy said. "I was kind of shocked to hear that kind of language on the floor."

The background is that VP Cheney confronted Sen. Leahy about dogging the Halliburton thing. Sen. Leahy responded by bringing up some obscure Anti-Catholic position of White House allies.

I can understand Cheney's frustration. With a real threat of over 100 dead and threatening the whole of Iraq, someone is asking him, "So why haven't you drained the swamp yet?"

MillRatUSMC
06-25-04, 06:06 AM
Where are they now? <br />
<br />
<br />
Vice President Dick Chaney <br />
<br />
<br />
Richard Pearle <br />
<br />
Sir, Having recently resigned my position as the head of the Defence policy Board I am free to join your administration. I...

snipowsky
06-25-04, 06:44 AM
Not a BUSH hater, but found this extremely funny: