PDA

View Full Version : Dreams ~ WHY?

Sparrowhawk
09-26-02, 12:58 PM
Over the past two nights I have been having dreams of people I have known who have passed away or have done me wrong in one way or another.

Maybe I need to make peace with those I haven't forgiven but last nights dream threw me for a loop.

In the dream I knew there was a certain girl I wanted to ask out for dinner (someone from my High school Days).

In the dream as I made the phone call, she immediately answered. It was one of those dreams similar to a movie where all of a sudden you cut away to the other phone and see the other person answering the phone.

As she did, she was surprise to hear me and immediately said; she was about to call me. She was very happy that I called and had prepared dinner for me at her place. But, there was another man, there. A close friend of hers or someone she had been married to. But, it was evident that she had longed to see me as I had longed to see her.

The thing is, she looked like the girl I remember from High Scholl that I used to stare at all day long. She died about six years ago, and when I heard it, I was devastated. It took awhile for me to recover from that.

Dreams, I know they mean a lot to what our self-conscience minds wants to tell us or resolve.

But why do they have to be so real.

Every so often I dream of flying, flying though hundreds of beautiful building, high over head over beautiful green pastures and valley's, as well as large, well designed cities, all in colors we haven't even dreamed of, or seen. Those dreams for the most part are peaceful and panoramic. They also seem to last the full night, but every so often demons try to come up and attack me while I'm flying and then I go after them. I attack them even though I know that they are more powerful and vicious, but I grab hold of them and I don't let go. Dreams..

Have you ever had a dream where you realize that it is a dream you are having?

I do all the time. I realize I am asleep and dreaming and often I react to the individuals in my dream knowing that they are only a dream. If they are people from my past that have died, I ask them what do they want, or tell them to go away to where ever it is they belong.

I don't know what I would do if anyone of them actually answered me. I guess I would have passed over to the other side if that happens. LOL

Dream, now why can't I have a dream about a living redhead? Maybe I'll clutter my mind with flicks of beautiful redheads before I go to sleep tonight and see what happens.

Just something to think about ~ DREAMS

badbob
09-26-02, 01:19 PM
Have ya ever had the Atomic Bomb Dream or a multiple Tornado Dream?

They’re usually followed by a significant change in your life, but they can also be just an indication that something is really bothering you that remains unresolved and your subconscious wants to put it to rest.

Yes, Dreams can be both recreational and informational.

I’ve always been partial to Redheads myself, sounds like a plan Hawk, just don’t be messin with any of my Redheads.

Semper Fi,
Bob

thedrifter
09-26-02, 01:27 PM
Cook,

Well I went looking for you....This is what I came up with......
Some dreams have a meaning.....some don't.....
I just didn't find anything on redheads....

Sempers,

Roger

People
Usually our dreams are filled with people. We dream about our families, our friends, our neighbors, and our classmates. We dream about strangers, colleges, famous people, teachers, and, at times, our supposed enemies. Each dream is very special and carries its own unique message. When interpreting this dream with people in it, consider all of the details and the feelings in the dream. If the person is known to you, think about your relationship with him or her and the issues that the dream has brought up. We learn about ourselves through others, and probably our most valuable possessions are our relationships. Some believe that the strangers in your dreams represent different parts of yourself and are extensions and projections of your own personality. Many people believe that their dreams can predict the future. When they have negative or frightening dreams, they become anxious about the future. Alternatively, when their dreams are a form of wish-fulfillment, the dreamers become very excited and are hopeful that the dream will come true. Most dreams are not prophetic but are psychological or spiritual in nature. Their primary function may be to help us live better in the present, rather than the future.

Ex-boy/girlfriend
It is very common for people to dream about ex-partners. Individuals that have been an important part of our lives continue to take up a part of our mind and heart. It is impossible to very dramatically shut the person out of thoughts and feelings. Just because the relationship ends does not mean that all is finished. As we go through relationships we learn and at times pick up "battle wounds." You will continue to dream about your ex-girlfriend or boyfriend until you "let go" of them on a very important level, or until you learned your lessons from that relationship. Either way, dreaming about your ex-romance does not predict future involvement. It may be wish-fulfillment, reliving memories, or working out old issues. Dreams are very rarely prophetic.

Sparrowhawk
09-26-02, 01:35 PM
You can have all the redheads to the east of the mississippi, I get the ones to the west... LOL

Reminds me of the redheaded bartender I once met... LOL

Redhead and the Pastor

A male pastor walked into a neighborhood pub to use the restroom.
The place was hopping with music and dancing, until people saw the pastor.

As the room quieted down he walked up to the redhead bartender, and asked her,

"May I please use the restroom?"

The redhead replied, "I really don't think you should."

"Why not?" the pastor asked. "I really need to use a restroom!"

"Well, I don't think you should. There is a statue of a naked woman in there and she's only covered by a fig leaf!"

"Nonsense," said the pastor, "I'll look the other way!"

So, the bartender showed the clergyman the door at the top of the stairs, and he proceeded to the restroom.

After a few minutes, he came back out, and the whole place was hopping with music and dancing again! He went to the bartender and said, "Miss, I, don't understand. When I came in here, the place was hopping with music and dancing. Then the room became absolutely quiet. I went to the restroom, and now the place is hopping again."

"Well, now you're one of us!" said the redhead. "Would you like a drink too?"

"But, I still don't understand," said the puzzled pastor.

"You see," laughed the redhead, "every time the fig leaf is lifted on the statue, the lights go out in the whole place. Now, how about that drink?"

Norton1
09-26-02, 01:39 PM
are what you think they are. I've been so engrossed in them I had to wake up a level to reach back into the dream from the new dream. As a therapist I was trained that if someone wants to have a dream interpreted ask the person what they think it means. It's usually very close.

I did a lot of dream interpretation work when I worked on the Indian Reservation. But I knew the folks very well and could see the close parallel with their life and the dream. I'm not a fan of my dreams. I'd love to have more of them about my darlin' but it seems they are filled with the ugly most of the time.

Quite a phenomenon aren't they?

Sparrowhawk
09-26-02, 01:42 PM
What good will it do to watch all those redhead videos if they won't come true?

But, maybe you're right, with Badbob going after redheads also, I might end up with Wilma Flintstone..LOL

wrbones
09-29-02, 11:36 PM
I've had some troublesome dreams over the years. Recurring stuff. Makes it hard to go to bed and go to sleep at times. Ya know they'll be back sooner or later. Some are nightmarish, some are uncomfortable. Some are so damn real, ya lose track of reality fer a bit when ya first wake up. I've studied some stuff about dreams myself here and there, but nothin' really seems to address these types of phenomena. All those books are like listening to an upper middle class pogue tellin' poor people to work harder. They don't seem to get it.

The few good dreams leave ya wantin more like them.

My dreams are about pilots bein fools and crashin and burnin and not a damn thing I can do to stop them.

My dreams are about squadron recalls ( we had quite a few real ones when I was in) and gettin to the hangar and only three or four marines to do the work of 300. How the hell am I gonna be able to do this. gotta do the mission. Gotta get the birds out there. People are countin on ya. There's no way to do it, but people are countin on ya.

It's not the horror some endure, I well know. It is horror that I can't put into words. In the Wing, ya don't do yer job right, somebody dies. A few pounds of pressure, a mis-torqured bolt, a piece of paper even, improperly signed fer christ's sake. Some little thing not done right. No matter how many levels of quality control, things get overlooked at times.

Then ya throw in a goofy pilot, an impossibly unanswered squadron recall, and people are countin on ya.

Funny thing...I never dream about the clean-up details....

Other dreams I won't visit about here. They're beyond nightmareish. Suffice it to say, I keep a talisman of sorts by the bed. A Bible. Opened to the words in red. It keeps the worst ones away for me.

Barrio_rat
09-30-02, 12:11 AM
I dream about bones.... ;)

wrbones
09-30-02, 12:13 AM
That's one of the nightmares I don't wanta talk about......

Barrio_rat
09-30-02, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk

Have you ever had a dream where you realize that it is a dream you are having?

Just something to think about ~ DREAMS

Yeah, Sparrowhawk, I love it when I know I'm having a dream. I do my best to manipulate it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it throws me a twist.

When I first started as a correctional officer I'd have dreams of work. I'd wake up sitting at the edge of my bed trying to open up the cells for the inmates. Kinda wierd. One time, I don't remember but the wife told me the next morning, I sat up in bed and yelled 'Freeze!' Wife said she looked at me and saw that my hands were clasped in front of me as if I were holding a pistol. She said that I didn't have a firearm so figured it was okay and she went back to sleep. I usually don't remember my dreams. Don't know why, just don't. Maybe it's better that way. Wife says I talk in my sleep and she'll try to have a conversation with me. Sometimes it works. So far, I haven't mentioned anything or anyone that would get me in trouble. LOL and knock on wood!

Sparrowhawk
09-30-02, 08:08 AM
i've had dreams where I get out of bed, walk around checking the house, or having heard something, look for what I've heard, but its hard to move, because I know Im still asleep laying in bed.

But I can hear movement all around me and if someone was having a conversation in the other room I can tell you what they were saying or talking about, but I 'm still in bed aways from them. Really weird!

At other times wife ahs to wake me up cause Im struggling fighting to wake myself up from teh dream I'm having. Often its someone I have before me, in the sights of my weapon, a no good individual, but I can't pull the trigger. I keep trying but my weapon wont fire.

Figured it goes abck to the time(s) I saw NVA in my front sight and I couldnt fire at them because they had a bunch of civilians they had taken from the villages intermixed in their ranks, so we wont fire on them.

gunnyg
09-30-02, 09:39 AM
when I'm asleep and dreaming, and then I wake up--what about those "others" in my dreams? What becomes of them?

Do they look around and say, "Hey, where the hell did Dick go?"

Or, do they perceive that I have "died?" If so, so do they hold a funeral, etc.?

Hmmm...

Laamie
10-01-02, 09:24 PM
Just seem to wake up unsettled, not wanting to talk to anyone or have anybody near me.

Got the bad ones too but not as frequent as they used to be. Always involves decapadation.

Would like to try the readhead dream, but would be afraid she would fall head over heels for me (sic).

S/F,
Dick

Sparrowhawk
10-04-02, 09:43 AM
For the past three days, I have been having good dreams, well it seems I have been.

Maybe cause I’m at peace with myself for having cleaned out most of the boxes that I brought over from the storage bin. Of having accomplished something, the problem is I can't remember the dreams.

When I wake up, I know I had a pleasant dream, because its still fresh in my mind of what was occurring in the dream when I wake up. But immediately when I try to remember what it was all about I can't remember and lose what recollection I did have when I started to try to remember. What's up with that?

Makes me wonder how God keeps track of our activity? Does He have a big IBM computer going like crazy just to keep up with my thinking, and then you throw in my dreams cause I know I get in trouble even in my dreams, boy does he have a job to do.

Sometimes when I dreams of women I cant understand why they don’t remember what we did in the dream. I mean they were there weren't they?

Humm, sometimes, I think I dream like Bones thinks... LOL

radmaw
10-04-02, 10:03 AM
At point in my life dreams usually mean I have to get up and Pee. Used to dream I was back in the Corps at a lower rank and was trying like hell to explain to people that I should be promoted. Life is interesting and so are dreams, I generally remember my dreams and enjoy them.