PDA

View Full Version : Anyone feel like writing?

JaiSteele
06-23-04, 03:09 AM
I was told the other day that my guy gets the least amount of mail in his platoon. :( Poor baby. And I remembered that I see people around here wanting pen pals and to do what they can for the troops overseas. Anyone here interested in boosting a Marine's morale until September?

By the way, I should probably mention that he doesn't write back. I think that is a skill he lost upon graduating boot camp. Actually, I'm not even sure if he knows how to write... I believe I've received one page of chickenscratch in 4 months.

I just thought it would be nice if he got a steady flow of letters to keep him from going insane and feeling envious of the guys that have girlfriends who write 3 times a day, 7 days a week. (I sort of lag in comparison.)

I have also been told that some people may be uncomfortable posting their email address. Well, I'm not. So feel free to email me if you're interested and would rather not post your address. jaisteele@hotmail.com

Lock-n-Load
06-23-04, 06:53 AM
:marine: Just when will you try to be a Marine?....you're 18 now; what's with your procrastination??...for the record, I e-mail 3 FMF Marines...in the 1st Marine Div FMF [in Iraq] the 3 being, a 1st Lt-Staff/Nco-Pfc...BTW...they all reply when they go into Reserve...as for "poor baby", who wants to write to a guy who won't reply??....Semper Fi:marine:

Toby M
06-23-04, 08:53 AM
JaiSteel, normally a person going thru bootcamp doesn't have time to read 21 letters a week (let alone answer them). Depite feeling lonely, he will get thru without feeling like the whole world has abandoned him. I am sure he is aware of your support and despite his "chicken scratchings" will continue to communicate when he can. He doesn't have time to go insane. I don't remember writing home until my D.I asked me politely to let Mom know what I was doing so far from home...

Angel
06-23-04, 09:48 AM
Hmm Not true.. When my boyfriend was in BootCamp I wrote everyday of the week and 2 times a day.. he enjoyed getting letters from me and somehow he managed to write to me everyday also.. he says getting letters help him out alot and it boosted his morales.. but also at the same time he had faith and attended church every sunday... In my opinion the more support you give to the recruits while they are in boot camp the better off they will do.. My boyfriend received letters everyday and he was squad leader twice and was kicked out because he had gotten sick.. So just keep on writing him letters ..

Angel
06-23-04, 09:50 AM
haha another thing.. write on the outside of the envelope.. It gets the DI attention.. lolz

Echo_Four_Bravo
06-23-04, 10:56 AM
WOW, some people missed the boat on this one. Her boyfriend isn't in bootcamp, he is a Marine in harms way. I don't think there are any DIs to bother him about getting mail in a combat zone. Jai, if you want ME to write him, send me his address and you know I will.

Angel
06-23-04, 11:01 AM
Lolz I said WHILE HE WAS IN BOOT CAMP.. Not now... :)

JaiSteele
06-23-04, 04:56 PM
Haha. Thank you, Jimmy! I was starting to think that all on this board were illiterate. Now I know they just don't pay attention. :p Sure, I'll send you the address, as long as you don't tell him what I say about him. :eek: I have to send that story I owe you anyway. ;)

Lock-n-Load: My procrastination has to do with the fact that I am still getting my life together. I am 19, not 18. If I had things my way, I would have left at 17 as planned. Things don't always work out as planned. I am however, leaving as soon as it is possible FOR ME. So sorry if that doesn't work for YOU...

And as for not wanting to write a guy who doesn't write back....I don't know....I thought that maybe a couple people would want to support a fellow Marine in a combat zone. My bad apparently....

Angel
06-23-04, 05:45 PM
LoLz..

Angel
06-23-04, 05:47 PM
I'll write to him just give me his addy..

Toby M
06-23-04, 06:10 PM
JaiSteel, you are right on the money! I wasn't paying attention when I read your post and I apologize! I loved getting mail when I was in Viet Nam and every letter I recieved from my wife did indeed boost my morale so keep up the good work. The more the better...I will do better at reading next time. I am not illiterate-just a bonehead! You have every right to repeat that as often as you want-some of old guys need reminding sometimes. LOL

michy
06-23-04, 06:28 PM
ill write him too, e-mail the address to me at bb24_85@hotmail.com

Angel
06-23-04, 07:02 PM
haha.. and I was just replying to Toby's M message.. :) lolz..

JaiSteele
06-23-04, 11:58 PM
Haha. I'll keep that in mind, Toby. By the way, it's STEELE...with an "e" on the end. ;)

Michy, email out.

And Angel, don't feel you need to respond to every post. It's not necessary.

cjdoyle
06-24-04, 12:22 AM
hit me up with the addy i got a whole company of marines here that will write to fellow devil dogs.
sgt d

doylecj@3fssg.usmc.mil

JaiSteele
06-24-04, 08:11 AM
Sgt D, I just tried to email you with the address and it said it was undeliverable. "The recipient name is not recognized." I copied and pasted your address, so check it again to see if it's right. Do you have another email address?