PDA

View Full Version : A Marine at last

sgt.lane
06-21-04, 06:23 PM
:marine: On June 18th year of our Lord 2004 my son graduated from Boot Camp. He is now officially a third generation Marine. 3rd Bn. India Co. Plt. 3073. I got to meet all of his Drill Instructors, Co. IstSgt, Co. GySgt, Commanding General. I must say the Marine Corps did not do up the graduation like this when I graduated. It was very well organized for the most part. EGA ceremony was when there was a touch of mist in my eye, (damn ocean) But it was fun and I was never prouder. When I landed in K.C. I showed OleSarge the tape and the ocean breeze must have followed me from Ca. as there was a bit of mist in his eyes as well. I wanted to thank everyone who thought of him while he was gone. Gary thanks for the letter you sent, Brandon wanted me to make sure I thanked you. He will be on his way to MCT first of next week. The change is complete and the challenge of becoming a Marine met. I then had to go forward and SHOP as you can't find crap here in Mo. needless to say I over spent a smidge on Marine Corps, dare I say paraphenalia?...Anywho wanted everyone to know, thanks for reading my rambling.......................................... ...........

GySgtRet
06-21-04, 06:38 PM
sgt.lane,

Congratulations dosn't seem to be good enough for an occasion such as this. But that is all that I can think of. When you stated the the battalion, and company, well that is my almatre. OOOORAH...!!! Your chest must be atleast sticking out to the door frame when you walk into a room now????

Semper Fidelis

Osotogary
06-21-04, 06:38 PM
Thank you for the good news. Next up...MCT address (kind of like a follow up). Will any pictures follow? Pass on my best to one and all. Congrats.

sgt.lane
06-21-04, 06:42 PM
Thanks I do have a hard time walking through smaller doorways as my chest is out so far. I feel bad that my son lost all that weight and I (6'3" 260) need to lose one or two pounds at least. Gary, as soon as I figure this picture thing out I will post a butt load of pics. I managed to fill a 4.0 digital camera cards of a 256 and 128. So I have a bunch...

Angel
06-21-04, 06:44 PM
:) Congrats!

GySgtRet
06-21-04, 06:47 PM
sgt.lane,

I really can't tell that there is any pride here at all.

Semper Fidelis

HardJedi
06-21-04, 06:49 PM
Well, real happy for you and your Marine, Sgt. Lane.

Hope all goes well for him at MCT!

thedrifter
06-21-04, 07:27 PM
Congratulations!!!

To Your Son....and His Proud Dad.......

Ellie

Toby M
06-21-04, 08:29 PM
Sgt. Lane, y'notice that when you stick your head up higher, you look skinnier...congrats...

mrbsox
06-21-04, 09:30 PM
Sooooo glad for ya, and 'Ole Sarge'

Get them pics in here !! Moms got to be worried, what with another Jarhead to deal with (lol)

Semper Fi to you all !!

MillRatUSMC
06-21-04, 09:48 PM
Congrats to the new Marine, and we're so glad for Dad and "Ole Sarge".
Compare to our graduations, this are way above...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
06-21-04, 09:50 PM
How did I get "this" when I meant "these"...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

DebSantos
06-22-04, 12:17 AM
Sgt. Lane CONGRATS to your son as well as your self, you must be one proud dad! My son also graduated 3rd.bn. India Co. (Parris Island) plt.3045 on May 21st. 2004 . I dont think anything could top the amount of pride that over took my entire being when they were given their EGA. We also come from a large back ground of Marines. 13 of us made the drive from Michigan to SC. for grad. I will see it all again in December when my Nephew also gives him self too. Good luck to your son and may God bless every step he takes ! Please tell him THANK YOU for us ! theres alot to be said for these kids taking a stand , at times like these.

DSchmitke
06-22-04, 05:13 AM
Congrats Sgt Lane to your Son.

yellowwing
06-22-04, 06:34 AM
Outstanding Sgt Lane! The warrior bloodline :marine:

marinemom
06-22-04, 06:46 AM
Congrats to your son Sgt. Lane. In 1995, 3rd Bn, India Co, MCRD-PI also turned out another 3rd generation Marine, my son.

That change is the best thing that can happen to a boy. And that walking thorugh narrow door problem goes around us parents a lot.

Sparrowhawk
06-22-04, 07:19 AM
Congratulations

Hummm, I wonder what's gon ahppen when he picks up E-6, and tries to pull rank. LOL

Good Job... Sgt Lane!

You done did good!

mucho
06-22-04, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by sgt.lane
:marine: On June 18th year of our Lord 2004 my son graduated from Boot Camp. He is now officially a third generation Marine. 3rd Bn. India Co. Plt. 3073.......

I graduated on the 18th also PLT 3074, tell your son that I said congratualations!! and congrats to yourself, I know you must be really proud! I know my parents are!

sgt.lane
06-22-04, 02:33 PM
thanks to all who replied I will pass those messages along. My nephew leaves for San Diego middle of July for Boot. His brother is now talking about going in as well.

Back in the day I was 3rd Bn. Mike Co. Plt 3099, (I bought extra challenge cions) They covered my new Marine and I both.

I could not believe how I was feeling at the EGA never had "feelings" like that before- I thought I would bust- I got through though and now he will be off to MCT---will advise further later he leaves to go back to Pendleton on the 28th or 29th.