PDA

View Full Version : eczema

andez207
06-20-04, 05:29 AM
i got eczema when i was 11 on the back of my neck and after treatment has never come back, and i still sometimes get it on my left eyelid, it disappears after 1 night with application of cream, this is however a rare occurance.

my question is if anyone knows someone who got eczema and tried to become a Marine and either got DQ'd or was accepted becasue the case wasn't too chronic? mine isnt chronic, but i am still worried if it would DQ me.

some people may ask why i dont just ask a recruiter, but i live in australia right now so my only correspondance is with a recruiter over the net. he said he wasn't to sure about the specific regulations, but said severity MAY come into it.

any and all responces will be highly appreciated, thank you

ramy
06-21-04, 02:30 AM
You can try getting a Waiver for it I guess. Maybe someone else can give you a more in depth answer.

Blake
06-21-04, 06:16 PM
I've never heard of eczema. What kind of condition is it? Im just curious.

ftrmarinemp
06-22-04, 12:15 AM
first off, ill be the first to tell you that the medical game is the most confusing thing ive ever seen, i went through hell trying to get in the corps and i finally got my contract signed, they will DQ you over something silly like eczema but one of the poolees in my area has a metal rod that runs all the way up his femur in his right leg. not many recruiters ive met are gonna be fond of trying to work with an applicant out of australia because they CAN NOT enlist you. the time that they spend answering your questions could be spent calling people that are eligible. the best advice i can give you is be completely honest with what ever recruiters you talk to, they really wanna know EVERYTHING, if you took a green sh*t when you were 3 they wanna have paperwork for it. if you find a recruiter who is willing to look into some of these things for you, which normally only requires a call to the Marine Corps liason at MEPS, tell him EVERYTHING upfront so he can ask all his questions in one phone call and give you the answers. just be patient because recruiters are some of the busiest people Ive ever met and normally have snarling Gunnys breathing down their necks until they make mission. any paperwork you have on all injuries, medication, family problems, and the eczema should be in hand when you talk to a recruiter because the will want to know all the details, if they dont know they cant give you complete answers. so just tell them everything, be ready to answer crazy questions, and most importantly be honest ive seen so many people not ship, get DQd and all sorts of crazy stuff because they lied initially. and if your qualified move back and join.

best of luck,
ftrmarinemp

Blake
06-22-04, 01:45 AM
Yea..I got DQ'd for a metal plate in my ankle, had to get a waiver and go back again. Bleh, Im getting this thing taken out when/if I graduate boot...it'll just bring back those bad memories of almost not getting accepted for enlistment. Sounds cheesy, I know.

ftrmarinemp
06-22-04, 12:36 PM
yeah i got DQd for a plate and six screws in my left arm, plus i finished my last two years of high school in correspondance because the school told me they were accredited and i could get in faster. i finished faster but the recruiter informed me it would be harder than ever to get in with that schools diploma. either get 15 college credits or wait and maybe id get one of those spots. after about eight months of college and waiting i got the spot. was still really close call though. 3 times at meps and i havent even shipped, i hate that place lol.

andez207
06-22-04, 11:32 PM
ftrmarinemp: thanx for your responce. i do plan on being totally honest, because integrity is one of the reasons i want to be a Marine. this eczema situation is kind of worrying because i have heard from a few people on thefew.com who got in, and one guy that got DQ'd. i really am thankful that the recruiter i found is so helpful because being in australia makes it hard to find answers to specific answers.

blake: eczema is a skin disorder that kind of dries up the skin. for me when it appears after one night of medicinal cream it disappears.

hopefully this situ wont DQ me. thank you to everyone that responded.

Blindside8162
06-25-04, 10:14 AM
ftrmarinemp,

3 Times! I'd hate that! MEPS Really does suck...

When do you ship?

ftrmarinemp
06-28-04, 01:03 AM
6 semptember you?