PDA

View Full Version : Any questions about Boot??

mucho
06-19-04, 11:07 PM
I Graduated on the 18th, and am ready to answer any ?'s about MCRD that any poolee might have

PooleeWebber
06-20-04, 04:20 PM
What main advice can you give to us poolee's who are entering boot camp soon?

thedrifter
06-20-04, 05:32 PM
Congratulations Marine!!!!!!!!

the Drifter's Wife

Ellie

ftrmarinemp
06-22-04, 12:17 AM
ive read some of the more popular books about boot camp, liek BOOT, making the Corps, and keeping faith. how true to life are these books and is there anything major about basic that they dont cover. what did you think was the hardest part.

thanks in advance
ftrmarinemp

WillManning
06-22-04, 05:02 AM
Congratulations mucho, welcome to "The Few"

ftrmarinemp; to answer your questions:

They are very true to life. I read "Boot" 5 years before enlisting and I was fortunate to have Sgt. Carey, from "Making the Corps", as a Senior Drill Instructor. He really was that intense. John Schaffer's experiences at boot and his MOS school are his actual experiences. Once you have graduated boot and become a Marine, you will realize that you too have had similar experiences.

DSchmitke
06-22-04, 05:10 AM
Welcome to the Brotherhood Devil Dog

mucho
06-22-04, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by PooleeWebber
What main advice can you give to us poolee's who are entering boot camp soon?

My best advice is to sound off as loud as you can, move as fast as you can, dont ever let anyone try to take chow back to the house, and dont ever fall asleep in class unless you want the Drill Instructor to "wake you up" and never go to medical b/c they'll drop you back to another company in a heartbeat, and you really dont want to be on depot any longer than you have to be... we picked up one recruit that had been on depot for 7 months!

good luck!

Namvet67
06-22-04, 10:27 AM
Right..You do not want to be dropped. I had two in my platoon that had been dropped. One was there for 9 months and the other for 11 months. That is not a good thing. Stay way from motivation, fat mans and corrective custody platoons. Do not use the word you at any time..forget the word for now. First and last words out of your month is SIR...Try not to let the Drill Instructor learn your name. Do exactly as you are told and you will be ok. I assume you are in good physical shape..if not you better be soon. One other thing...do not look at the Drill Instructor unless asked to do so. Semper Fi Do or Die

ftrmarinemp
06-22-04, 12:40 PM
thanks for the answers, shipping 6 Sept and have the MP field

PooleeWebber
06-27-04, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the advice, Marines.

USMC777HRDKOR
06-30-04, 10:45 PM
I have a question about sounding off...from the point you get off the bus if you start sounding off loudly I am trying to figure out if they would be impressed (though they wouldnt show it) or if they would consider you a "smart @&%" and make an example out of you for trying to be smart and funny.

Any Responses?

Dick

HardJedi
07-01-04, 01:26 AM
your best bet is to keep quiet unless asked to sound off. at that point, give it all you got. they will let you know one way or the other if it is good enough. as for impressed? Not gonna happen :D

USMC777HRDKOR
07-01-04, 02:16 AM
Thank you for the words of wisdom Jedi.

Dick

cjwright90
07-01-04, 08:42 AM
First of all, Congrats mucho! Secondly, it is great that you want to help the poolees out there as such.

I think Jedi gave some really good advice. Only sound of when they want you to, but then sound of like you want to throw your lungs across the parade desk. Good advice for running with a rifle. Keep it closer to your body. Your arms won't tire as fast.

Namvet67
07-01-04, 12:04 PM
They won't be impressed with you or anything that you do. You will remember those yellow foot prints for the rest of your life. Stay quiet unless you are asked to speak. You will begin to question why you chose the Corps from the moment you on that bus. Remember that the DI (don't call him that) is there to break you down as far as possible from the human race so he can rebuild you into a killing machine. It has to be tough so when you get into a combat situation you will have something to fall back on. Welcome to the brotherhood and remember that your soul may belong to God but your ass belongs to the Corps. Semper Fi

mucho
07-04-04, 03:02 PM
I'm all up here at MCT on libo, thaught I'd hop on this PC and tell all the poolee's thatMCT is tight!! I'm having thetime of my life! itschallenging at times, but there's nothing here(so far) that is crazy hard like how boot camp was. i got to fire the M203 yesterday, and the rush you get from throwing that M67 frag is beautiful!!

take care future devil dogs, and good luck at boot!! "get on my quaterdeck right now"