PDA

View Full Version : I'm outta here..

CrazyBrave83
06-17-04, 10:22 AM
The next few days will be pretty packed with different family events, and going away parties. So I thought I'd go ahead and let ya'll know that I'll be on a plane in 3 and a wakeup.

Although there was a little confusion as to WHEN I was shipping (they were talking about delaying me a week.. the boys at Parris Island werent sure if they were ready for me or not) its official now - I'll leave here on Monday.

Anyone who wants me to write them, go ahead and e-mail me their address and I'll do my best to send you a letter or two. If nothing else I'll make sure my parents get a hold of you and let you know how I'm doing.

Lake0300USMC@hotmail.com

I'll also have someone throw out a line for all the interested jarheads to let you know I'm home.

I'd like to thank Shaffer for putting this website online. I've learned A LOT in the last year.

Enviro, Cjwright, Echo_Four, Dan_Mills, Cas3, WillManning, JAMarine, Sixguns, Roger (R.I.P.), Mr. Cobb, Moose, Hauer, Sullivan, Baumy, all of you have made some kind of an impact on the person I am today. I cant express enough my thanks to all of you. (I know I'll be adding more to this list in a little bit - I'm pressed for time right now.)

I'll post again in a little more then 13 weeks. Let ya know how well I did. Show everybody my blues picture, etc.

If theres any doubt as to whether or not I'll graduate.. I leave you with one of my favorite quotes....

"If you ever DREAM of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize." -Muhammad Ali

Again, thanks everybody. See ya in 13 short ones..

-Lake

Angel
06-17-04, 11:16 AM
Good Luck Lake..
wow I thought you already left to bootcamp already.. Well I wish you the best of Luck.. Hey i'm from Massachusetts too.. anyways.. Wish you the Best.. Take Care..
Love Always,
Sophy

airframesguru
06-17-04, 11:21 AM
Kick a$$ and take names Sully. Good Luck. Hurry up and get the Pic of you and the Blues on-line.

Good Luck,

Mike

arzach
06-17-04, 11:49 AM
Solid attitude goin' in, you'll do fine...remember, there are NO 'ewes' on Parris Island....

Best o Luck
Rick

thedrifter
06-17-04, 12:05 PM
Stay Motivated....You will Accomplish Your Goal........

Wishing You the Best......

The Drifter's Wife

Ellie

DSchmitke
06-17-04, 12:42 PM
Good Luck Lake.

Super Dave
06-17-04, 12:47 PM
be sure I get your address so I know where to send all the cookies and playboys...

Good Luck...Stay Strong..Have Fun...

Semper Fi

Angel
06-17-04, 12:50 PM
BEST OF LUCK!
well I just wanted to say that if no one writes to you in boot camp i'll write to you.. lolz.. just email me and i'll give you my address... my email is ooangelxladieoo@aol.com

Phantom Blooper
06-17-04, 12:55 PM
Good Luck Lake! Wishing you well! Come back a PFC or L//CPL. Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall :marine:

jcole
06-17-04, 01:11 PM
Lake: We've talked - See you on the island :) 6'9" here we come heh.

cjwright90
06-17-04, 01:14 PM
Good luck, Lake. Rock and roll. Listen well, and work your tail off. You can do it. Take the knowledge you learned here and put it to use there. See you in 13.

HardJedi
06-17-04, 02:20 PM
Well Lake, have fun! only thing that should be able to stop you is a serious injury, so when haning suspend far off of the ground, HANG ON! LOL

anyway, hope to hear from you in a few months!

MillRatUSMC
06-17-04, 03:47 PM
Send us all your address, so we can send letters with messages on the outside.
Those will really get the Drill Instructors attention.
Just kidding...
Your starting a journey that some of us took many years in the past.
Go with this message;

"Trust is not given, nor is it easily earned.
Today trust of the Nation is our inheritance.
A trust earned through selfless valor and determined actions.
Of generations of Marines on distant shores
And misty battlefields of our storied past.
Left to us as part of our predecessor's legacy,
It is now ours to sustain.
The stewardship of this trust is our sacred responsibility.
It is a debt we owe to those who have gone before us,
And a promise we make to those to follow.
It is the guiding light of our ethos.
This high name of distinction and soldierly repute
We who now Marines today
Have received from them the eternal spirit
which has animated our Corps from generations
And has been the distinguishing mark of Marines in every age.
Semper Fidelis
Major General John a Lejeune...1921

With dtermination and God's help, you too will earn the "privilege" or wearing the emblem of our beloved Corps

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

WillManning
06-17-04, 07:29 PM
Get some!!

Good luck to you Eric.

Eric Robinson
06-17-04, 08:47 PM
yes it is offical, i am leaving for boot camp this Sunday with my friend. I have been waiting a very long time to have my ship date changed so i could go with my friend and i just found out today that im good to go. So im spending the last few days with friends and family and then its off to Parris Island. Hey I look at it this way, im spending my entire summer vacation on a Island and with a little hard work i earn the proud title of a Marine. lol. Seriously though the next 13 weeks will change my life forever and i cant wait. THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH for your help i have learn so much from this great community of Marines and Poolees. I'll see you guys in 13.

jcole
06-17-04, 09:08 PM
So, its three of us from here so far, eric, lake; myself

CrazyBrave83
06-19-04, 07:52 PM
Sounds like it. Its game time gentlemen (and ladies.. Lera). This is a one time thing, just remember its only 3 months. And for Gods sake... give'em hell. I mean come on now, not only do we represent our recruiting stations, but we also represent, in a small way, the Marines on this website.

On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who, at the dawn of victory sat to rest; and in resting, died. NOW IS THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The difference between
a Marine and a civilian
is not a lack of strength,
not a lack of knowledge,
But rather a lack of will."

Enough talk. Time to tear sh*t up... YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

-Lake

michy
06-19-04, 08:41 PM
see ya in three months Eric

Eric Robinson
06-19-04, 08:45 PM
and as god as my witness i WILL be a Marine when i see you. right now im so pumped up i cant sit still. Im leaving tommorrow at 1500 hours to go to a hotel and then i will arrive at Parris Island by nightfall. !!!!!!GET SOME!!!!!!!!

jcole
06-19-04, 09:23 PM
GET SOME! See you bros on the island

Angel
06-19-04, 11:17 PM
wow you guys are soo excited.. wish you all the best...

snipowsky
06-20-04, 10:58 PM
lmao@ "I look at it this way, im spending my entire summer vacation on a Island and with a little hard work i earn the proud title of a Marine. lol".

Eric Robinson If you only knew! You are about to enter a serious wake up call with an attitude like that. If you think it's going to be easy earning the title Marine on an "island" you need to come back to earth! I only wish I was your DI. We'd be having some serious fun. Doesn't matter they'll get you regardless! LOL

Semper Fi

tophor
06-20-04, 11:34 PM
Good Luck Lake SEMPER FI!!!

DebSantos
06-21-04, 09:44 AM
GOOD LUCK guys/girls remember just do as your told ! no more and no less! Oh and do it FAST!! God bless you and THANK YOU!

Namvet67
06-21-04, 11:04 AM
Good luck...pay attention...don't say the word you to the drill instructor...Semper Fi

grayshade
06-21-04, 05:24 PM
Good luck to you. And in the days to come, the weeks, the months, you will be molded into what we others already have become. United States Marines. And the sweat and blood and mud shall be your baptism. In the end of your three month journey you will be my brother, and I, will be yours. Hold your head high, keep your body strong, and "can't" is an ugly word.

Semper Fidelus,

Grayshade

USMC777HRDKOR
07-01-04, 02:36 AM
Lake man, You have already been there a week now...12 more left. I am sitting here at this computer wondering how things are going down there in SC. I know you wont be reading this until you get back but that's ok.

You are still my motivation man, in my head I can still hear you screaming at me, not letting me quit man...you are one of the most dedicated SOB's I have ever known...I know nothing will stop you, there is nothing in this physical or spiritual realm that can stop you from becomming a Marine, you have the heart, you have the courage, and the dedication to become what it is you have always said you were going to be. You're gonna make it, dont quit man no matter how hard it is...I am rooting for you, your mom and dad are rooting for you...OORAH! The next time I see you, you will be a Marine...don't come home without that Eagle Globe and Anchor.

Semper Fi brother,

Dick

DSchmitke
07-01-04, 04:41 AM
Good Luck Lake.

Caesar Augustus
07-01-04, 07:01 PM
Haha good luck even if it is a little late

Amanda
07-02-04, 12:59 PM
kick some ass! Good luck!