PDA

View Full Version : Some great Marine Corps graphics

MillRatUSMC
06-16-04, 07:26 PM
http://sueshonor.marinemomsonline.net/marine1.html

Sue request that you do no linking to her graphics.
So that the reason for the link about.

Been doing some cleanup on my web pages, found several mistakes on my first pages.
With that thought in mind...one thing about Sue's site, there too many pop-up windows.
It must be from the site where she houses her graphics.
I now look at a lot of "Source Code" and you get to see how they write that code for pop-up windows.
I wish some authors of these pages would come to thier senses and see that it's counter-productive...so be warn about pop-up windows...

HardJedi
06-17-04, 01:15 AM
outstanding!

MillRatUSMC
06-17-04, 02:21 AM
Some thoughts on web pages;
I used to write my web pages targeting the smallest and slowest moving browsers on the web.
Than I read that some cruise the web with graphics disabled, some travel the web with their own choice of web display enabled.
So whatever work the author of a web page has done to make it pleasing to a visitor.
It's of no use because of the changes the user has done.
I used to make pages in black with white fonts.
If some turn off the colors on your page, that page will display nothing.
lately, I been studying on CSS it's seem the way to go.
But nothing is absolute only death is absolute.
so what is the answer to writting code for a web page?
None because no computers or browsers are the same.
So what looks good on your monitor might look like crap on another browser in someone else computer.
i started on Windows 3.1 than Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, than Windows XP.
I'm now back to Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5.5 because my cable Internet service won't recognize Internet Explorer 6.0 or above.
Speed is revelent, I started with a slow modem, than a 56K modem, now I'm on a cable Internet connection.
At first I couldn't believe the speed but the human mind gets conditioned, now it appears no faster than my 56K modem...
Speed is one reason, I try to keep my graphics as small as possible to aid the page loading as fast as possible.
I try to target Marines, their families and those that support Marines.
My page on marksmanship might be dated on current equipment, but the basics of markmanship remain constant.
There's also a page on "Marine Core Values", those have remain constant, a few have strayed from those "Marine Core Values".
But by and large most Marines live those "Marine Core Values" to this date and will till they day they pass on.
Honor, Duty and Commitment are not just words to be mouthed but a way of life second to none.
If more Americans would embrace the Core Values, America would be better off.

http://www.geocities.com/millrat_99/index.html

"A man or woman is measured
by the footprint,
he or she leaves behind".

"They were the best you had, America,
and you turned your back on them".
~ Joe Galloway ~ Speaking about Vietnam Veterans

TO THOSE WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES
THAT OTHERS MAY SAY PROUDLY
I AM A MARINE

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi

Ricardo