PDA

View Full Version : President Bush

cjwright90
06-16-04, 10:16 AM
I got his in an email today: Wether true or not, I think it shows some serious class...

One Picture Unlikely to be Published

DARRELL R RICHARDS

DRILLTEC

OPERATIONS MANAGER

E-mail from "A Soldier"

Attached is a picture of one of my best friends in the Army, Mike McNaughton. We were privates together in 1990-1994. He stepped on a landmine in Afghanistan Christmas 2002. President Bush came to visit the wounded in the hospital. He told Mike that when he could run a mile, that they would go on a run together.

True to his word, he called Mike every month or so to see how he was doing. Well, last week they went on the run, 1 mile with the president. Not something you'll see in the news, but seeing the president taking the time to say thank you to the wounded and to give hope to one of my best friends was one of the greatest/best things I have seen in my life. It almost sounds like a corny email chain letter, but god bless him.

Medical Corps, U.S. Army

C:\Documents and Settings\cwright\My Documents\My Pictures\McNaughton.bmp

Sgted
06-16-04, 02:42 PM
Great story and a nice reflection on the President.

ivalis
06-16-04, 05:00 PM
Bu-sh at his slimey best photo-op hypocracy.

Why doesn't he show up to a funeral once in awhile?

TracGunny
06-16-04, 06:49 PM
Claim: Photograph shows President Bush jogging with a serviceman who lost a leg in Afghanistan.

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/jogging.asp

I have always admired President GW Bush's dedication and admiration for those he, as Commander in Chief, serves....

HardJedi
06-17-04, 01:09 AM
lord Ivalis, you act as though NO other president does the same thing. go ahead, name ONE president who had something other than his OWN best interest and re-election in mind? come on, tell me one, and I will tell you some dirt about him.

snipowsky
06-17-04, 02:04 AM
:::shakes head in disgust:::

VOTE BUSH 2004!

SEMPER FI

cjwright90
06-17-04, 08:47 AM
All polititians have self interest in mind. Part of being one, I guess. Plus GW only has so much time to do so many things. He does attend funerals. He cannot go to every one.

enviro
06-17-04, 11:35 AM
The "hypocrisy" of your post is that you criticize without a clue of what the man really does.

You say photo-op - I say he's the President, cameras are always in his face. If they allowed it, some photographer would be there to take pictures of him taking a dump. Some photo-op. I guess when he fell off the bicycle, that was a photo-op, too.

Why doesn't he go to any funerals? So the mothers of America can yell at him for "killing" their baby? A funeral is designed for close friends and family. The President just doesn't go around crashing funerals.

He has, however, been to the hospital many times to visit the injured. He travels to military installations all the time. He motivates the troops he is asking to put their lives on the line. Many troops have had their photo taken with the man. It means a lot to them. Just like it meant a lot to Staff Sergeant Mike McNaughton who lost his freaking leg and still ran with the President.

Do you have the slightest idea what the President's day is like? Do you think he sits around the oval office waiting for photo ops to come around. Maybe he's got his feet propped up smoking a cigar and thinks to himself, "Damn, I'm sure glad I don't have any fat ugly interns like ol' Billy had"

You liberals seriously need to find something better to complain about - "I ain't vote for Bush cause he dont git me no job"

http://www.georgewbush.com/images/downloads/GWB_logo_350.gif

trimmerjr
06-17-04, 11:36 AM
Gentleman, GW is a outstanding President and I think he is getting bum rap for thing out of his control. He is a president with vision and a man of action. What better qualities do you need in a president.

Bush/Cheney 2004

History will depend on it, we need to see his vision through to the end.

Sgted
06-17-04, 11:51 AM
No matter what political affiliation you adhere to we should look at the President (or anyone for that matter) as a complex of personality traits, character, morals, etc.
For a man like President Bush to keep his promise to Mike is just that to me.
He kept his promise.
A very nice reflection on the President and, obviously, very important to Mike.
When you add to that the fact that the President called Mike every month until this man could run that mile, well.....thats just real nice.
No matter who you are.

arzach
06-17-04, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ivalis

Figures...ivalis

mebbe you'll get lucky and Dubya'll show up at yours.

TracGunny
06-17-04, 02:01 PM
Thursday, June 17, 2004
Story last updated at 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 17, 2004

Families of slain military men say Bush shed tears with them
The Associated Press

LAKELAND, Fla. - Some of the families who met privately with President Bush during his visit to MacDill Air Force Base said he shared their grief and shed tears with them.

Donna Ginther, the widow of Navy Petty Officer Ron Ginther who was killed by mortar fire in Iraq last month, told The Ledger for a story Thursday that she expressed to Bush her fears of raising her 9-year-old daughter without a father.

"When I told him that, he pressed his forehead against mine and said, `You can do it, and we'll all help you through it,'" she said. Bush met with Ginther and nine families of slain servicemen after his Wednesday speech to troops at MacDill.

"It wasn't something he was saying to make me feel better. Like trying to pacify me and walk away and forget it," she continued. "He wasn't afraid to touch you. It wasn't like he was better than us. He kissed us. He cried with us. When I was crying, he cried."

Ron Payne of Lakeland, whose 23-year-old son Ron Payne Jr., was killed last month in an ambush in Afghanistan, was just as taken with Bush. Payne said he saw Bush tried to comfort another distraught father.

"President Bush just kept hugging him and hugging him," Payne said. "He came across as very personable, a caring man. I didn't see any politics in any of this."

Bush posed for pictures and signed autographs during the meeting, which reporters were not allowed to attend. Payne said he gave the president a photograph of his son and Bush said he was going to put it in his library.

"He was very compassionate with everyone," Payne said. "He said, `I want to cry with you, laugh with you. Take as much time as you need. We'll shed tears. If you want to, laugh. I'm here for you.'"

Kathy Seymour, Ron Payne Jr.'s mother, said she too was overwhelmed by Bush's gesture of support. Seymour had gone to Tampa not knowing what she might say because she has conflicting feelings about the role of American military in the Middle East.

"He (Bush) just hugged me, patted me on the back and told me to hang in there. And said he was sorry for my loss . . . ," Seymour said. "A lot of the mothers cried. And wives, they cried. Nobody yelled. Nobody was angry."

Information from: The Ledger, http://WWW.THELEDGER.COM

Copyright Associated Press
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/apnews/stories/061704/D838TMK82.shtml

arzach
06-17-04, 03:05 PM
Editorial by CK Rairden
May 10, 2004

It started out as a fluke. Lynn Faulkner had been offered an extra ticket to a Bush campaign event by his neighbor Linda Prince. Mr. Faulkner decided to offer it to his 15-year old daughter Ashley who he expected would decline, as she would have to miss some school to attend. But his daughter surprised him. Ashley reminded her dad how four years ago they attended a similar event when then Texas Governor George W. Bush visited the same spot on the campaign trail.

Ashley remembered attending that event with both her father and her mother Wendy Faulkner. It was raining that day and they all stood in the rain awaiting Governor Bush "eating Triscuit crackers" enjoying the time together and hoping to get a glimpse of the would-be president. Ashley recalled holding her mothers hand as they waited. So she decided to go again this year, but this time her mother could not attend. Wendy Faulkner was murdered on 9/11/01 in the south tower of the World Trade Center. She was there on the 104th floor for a one-day meeting. Ashley decided to miss school in honor and remembrance of her mother and attend the event.

So the trip was on. Linda Prince, along with Lynn and Ashley Faulkner, were off to the Golden Lamb Inn in Lebanon, Ohio for the event. The group arrived early and got a spot close to the front. As the event wound down, the president worked the line in full campaign mode shaking hands and signing autographs. As the president passed the group, Mr. Faulkner got an autograph, and the president continued on until Linda Prince spoke up, "This girl lost her mother on 9/11," Prince told the president.

Then everything changed.

"The president's entire expression transformed," Mr. Faulkner told me on Sunday. "He turned and came back against the flow and his eyes locked on Ashley's. His face showed a man who was no longer the president, he was a father and a husband." President Bush made his way back to Ashley and he embraced the 15-year old young woman. "She snuggled in with the president just like she did when she was a little girl with her dad," Mr. Faulkner said. "I know it's hard," Mr. Faulkner heard the president tell his daughter. "I'm okay," Ashley told the president. The embrace continued.

Mr. Faulkner had his Kodak digital camera with him and debated on invading this very private moment between his daughter and the leader of the free world. "For 20-30 seconds the president belonged exclusively to Ashley," Lynn Faulkner told me. So he decided to capture the moment without invading Ashley and the president's privacy. He held up his digital camera, not even aiming with his eye and with one click snapped just one picture. It showed in detail the face of a compassionate man who just happens to be the president comforting a young woman who lost her mother in the 9/11 attacks on America.

Mr. Faulkner told me that he saw tears in his daughter's eyes, and saw emotion that he hadn't seen from his daughter in 2 ½ years. Ashley told her dad, "The way he was holding me, with my head against his chest, it felt like he was trying to protect me, he wanted to make sure that I was safe." That feeling is captured in a very clear way in this moving unscripted photo. It's the only photo of this special embrace as the press corps had already been ushered back on the bus. And the photo was never meant for publication. All Mr. Faulkner did when he returned home from the event was e-mail it to 15 friends and family. But by the middle of last week, I had received the photo from eight different people. Others were also receiving the photo and forwarding it along. It became an Internet phenomenon, as it was e-mailed around America.

Mr. Faulkner called the embrace "President Bush's precious gift to my daughter." And with his small act of e-mailing that photo to friends and family, the picture can now become a gift to the American people.

And as sad as the story is the release and publication is a good thing. Disgusting photos coming out of Iraq for the past 10 days have shocked Americans, as they should have. But no longer are the terrible images of 9/11 shown. While the Iraq prison photos have been picked up by the elite media and shown time and again, this touching photo has gone largely ignored by the mainstream media. But the alternative media has made this touching powerful photo one of the most e-mailed photos of last week. The Internet once again took over where the elite media failed. Matt Drudge ran it on May 7th, as did the Page 2 Politics journal, and hundreds of other blogs. Millions have now seen it, but millions more need to. It gives a stark reminder why America is at war with radical Islam and other terrorists around the world that are determined to cause this kind of pain to other American families.

The images of 9/11 have faded in the minds of far too many Americans. This picture and this family's riveting story give a stark reminder of why America is at war. Each day around the globe our soldiers are fighting in an attempt to prevent any other event as terrible as the murders that took place on 9/11. Look hard at this picture. See the compassion and sadness on the president's face. Look at this young woman, see her grief and listen to her father's words. Ashley and her sister Loren just spent their third Mother's Day without their mother, as did thousands of other children who lost their mothers on 9/11 at the hands of ruthless uncaring terrorists. Imagine yourself in that position.

Then remember why America is at war right now ......

HardJedi
06-17-04, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by arzach

The images of 9/11 have faded in the minds of far too many Americans. Each day around the globe our soldiers are fighting in an attempt to prevent any other event as terrible as the murders that took place on 9/11. Ashley and her sister Loren just spent their third Mother's Day without their mother, as did thousands of other children who lost their mothers on 9/11 at the hands of ruthless uncaring terrorists. Imagine yourself in that position.

Then remember why America is at war right now ......

amen brother. amen.

what would the liberal have us do? or what SHOULD we have done after 9/11?

said, oh, that's ok? what would ANY democrat have done?

Ivalis, you are a decent enough guy, but i truly think you let your political beliefs blind you to a whole lot.

I am no republican, and I SURE ain't no democrat. I vote with who I think is right at the time.

TracGunny
06-17-04, 03:41 PM
Claim: Photograph shows President Bush hugging the daughter of a 9/11 victim.

The URL for this page is http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/faulkner.asp

Sources:

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/page2/archives/000193.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119278,00.html

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/05/06/loc_moment06.html

enviro
06-17-04, 04:45 PM
Fox News had a great interview with the girl and her father about a month ago.

themuffinman
06-18-04, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ivalis

here is a web site for you.
john kerry (http://www.geocities.com/estradaroger/johnkerry.html) Vote Bush

d c taveapont
06-19-04, 07:47 PM
Ivalis you and Ipscone should get together for one round...He hates liberals and you hate bush...by the way hes on at military.com...

TracGunny
06-20-04, 11:31 AM
Last modified Sat., June 19, 2004 - 01:23 AM
Originally created Saturday, June 19, 2004

Bush, Kerry fight for veterans' votes
Former serviceman shot down over Bosnia speaks to local Republicans.

By DAVID DECAMP
The Times-Union

Over a half-hour Friday, former Air Force Capt. Scott O'Grady told some Jacksonville Republicans of his harrowing escape after being shot down in Bosnia nine years ago.

O'Grady talked about falling by parachute into enemy territory. Hiding for six days in fear. Escaping on a helicopter with Marines. Becoming a nation's hero. And why he's supporting President Bush for re-election.

"By being a volunteer in the campaign to elect George Bush, to me that makes you a hero," O'Grady told about 60 people inside Duval County Republican headquarters.

The visit of O'Grady, a Dallas resident who promotes Bush around the country, is one more sign of how Bush and Democratic Party rival John Kerry are campaigning for veterans' affections this summer. Both sides are organizing outreach efforts to veterans, who make up 26 million people nationally. Bush's campaign and the Republican National Committee -- which organized Friday's visit and solicited veterans as supporters -- wants to keep and mobilize a group generally considered to favor Republicans.

Kerry, a Massachusetts senator, wants to win support as a Navy veteran in Vietnam. He and national Democrats have pushed their own agenda, recently announcing a drive to recruit one million veterans as supporters. On Memorial Day, the Democratic National Committee released an Internet ad criticizing Bush for potential cuts to the Veterans Affairs budget.

Kerry also has brought out some fellow vets to support him, helping him win primaries leading to the nomination. Former U.S. Sen. Max Cleland of Georgia, a veteran and Kerry supporter, will speak June 26 at a Democratic Party fund-raiser in Jacksonville.

The verbal jousts from both sides can be piercing, too, as each side tries to win votes in competitive Florida.

"Most people still realize that Bush was a draft dodger," said Kerry supporter Del Sandusky of Clearwater, who served with the presumptive nominee. "Legal or not -- he was a draft dodger, no matter how you cut it."

Military records indicate Bush completed service in the Air National Guard during the Vietnam War, although his attendance record appears spotty to some critics. But veterans at the GOP office Friday said Democrats' attacks denigrate current reserve members serving overseas.

Moreover, they said, it hides Kerry's record of protesting Vietnam after he returned, such as accusing soldiers of atrocities.

O'Grady said Kerry's actions after military service were "treasonous" and "he didn't serve honorably." And he questioned the medals Kerry was awarded, which include three Purple Hearts.

"I'm in doubt they were awarded fairly," O'Grady said.

Kerry and his supporters say his medals were justifiably awarded over the four months he was in Vietnam, citing military records. Sandusky said history has proven Kerry right about the righteousness of fighting in Vietnam. But Sandusky said the protests are a problem with about 30 to 40 percent of veterans with whom he deals.

"Some people just have trouble with it," he said.

david.decamp@jacksonville.com, (904) 359-4699
http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/061904/met_15902783.shtml