PDA

View Full Version : Bugles across America

benny rutledge
06-15-04, 02:06 PM
:marine: In front of the Veterans memorial here in Belleville,as part of a co-ordinated Nationwide observance,Taps is played promptly @ 1915 hrs the first Sunday of every Month.This Spring,during awful weather,one Veteran stepped in front of the Veterans Memorial and Honored his fallen brothers with a heartbreaking rendition of Taps.He was ALONE!Not one person stopped their car to stand with him.The Editor of our little Newspaper(Rosemary Otzman)did an article on him and the Bugles across America program.Thank God she did.No one was aware of the Program or this brave Veteran.Now he is surrounded every time by his brothers young and old,Male and Female,active and retired.Damn it makes me so proud to go into town now.Let me tell you who this Man is. He is the Commander of VFW Post #4434 in Willis,Michigan Ross E. Medos.I am personally very proud of this man and stand with him every chance I get.Our little paper can be reached at bellevilleareaindependant.com:banana: :banana:

DebSantos
06-15-04, 09:29 PM
Dancing with ya on that benny, (or at least with your banana 's) Also being from Michigan , I was blessed to raise a few bucks and walk in a walk-a-thon this past weekend for a veterans memorial, here in Lake Orion Mi. I had the pleasure of walking and talking with a pretty cool Vet. The man behind the whole project also being a older Marine Vet is Dr. Mastromatteo . I share in the proud feelings you have about these most awesome people! God Bless them all!!!!

(thumbs up to Rosemary Otzman)