PDA

View Full Version : Army Introduces Digital Cammies

BC22
06-14-04, 11:56 PM
http://www4.army.mil/news/article.php?story=6042
The first thought I had when I saw that soldier in the picture was "Star Trek has come to life." It looks rather unnatractive and ugly to me, and seems to be a mere copycat of our digital camouflage. What do you gentlemen and ladies think?

namgrunt
06-15-04, 02:18 AM
Lots of interesting ideas being floated here, but also contradictory logic at work. <br />
<br />
It was said that there was no &quot;black&quot; anywhere in the uniform because black stood out, not being a natural...

TracGunny
06-15-04, 07:55 AM
More discussions on the Army's new uniforms:

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15159

namgrunt: thanks, buddy... too early in the day to read that... will be walking around bow-legged for a good part of the day... and very careful when " shaking hands with my best friend"...

:eek:

namgrunt
06-15-04, 01:23 PM
Your welcome, Gunny.

My response seemed a bit over the top to be used in the similar thread found over in the Poolee Forum by Eric Robinson. I ran into that thread after I replied to this one. I don't want to paint such "agonizing" mental pictures for young impressionable minds.

I don't recall any utilities of mine ever having a zipper. A button fly might have let leaches in, but would not trap skin in the closure. For all I know, normal digital Marine cammies might already have zippers as standard closure. I've been out too long.

Stephen Petrone
06-15-04, 02:30 PM
The only zippers i've seen on cammies were the jungle utilities issued in the late 70's. Buttons are better in the field because they're easy to repair/replace.

cjwright90
06-16-04, 02:57 PM
Yeah, buttons! I HATE the ACUs. I like our digital cammies, though.

MillRatUSMC
06-16-04, 07:10 PM
Why can't I imagine these new ditigal cammies without the thought of pregnant troops of the US Army leaving the service.
Now a question;
"Will they be making ditigal cammies for women that are expecting?"
To wear till they leave service.
A thought about these new boots issued to the troops.
I seem to recall that the boondockers were rough when issued.
Marines than wore them down with a coke bottle.
So they could spit-shine them.
That wouldn't be PC now.
But nothing is absolute except death...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

snipowsky
06-17-04, 02:07 AM
U - G - L - Y!