PDA

View Full Version : Three months

mrbsox
06-10-04, 09:14 PM
3 months have past since our world became a little emptier. 3 months, a quarter of a year, a near eternity.

I miss Roger every time I see Ellie post something, carring on where he left off.

I spoke to Ellie tonight. She sounded pretty good. Bright, thoughtfull, as always. The kids are taking care of her, and even their friends are trying to share the emptieness she feels. A testiment to Roger touching more people than just Marines.

I reviewed the posts in http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13162. A lot of 1 and 2 time posters. And not new members. November 2002, 1 post. So many more than just the active crew had been touched by his talents, charm, thoughts, and b!tch!n (at times ;) ).

You are a piece of my life, and will always be remembered. Miss you Roger.

Semper Fi.

Sgted
06-10-04, 09:20 PM
....ASCENSION.

..And if I go,
While you're still here....
Know that I live on,
vibrating to a different measure....
Behind a thin veil you cannot see through.
You will not see me,
so you must have faith.
I wait for the time when we can soar together again,
both aware of each-other.
Until then, live your life to it's fullest.
And when you need me,
just whisper my name in your heart,
and I will be there.

thedrifter
06-10-04, 10:09 PM
Thanks Terry

Enjoyed Our Talk.....

Yes it is 3 months today....In my mind I hear those words Roger would tell me.....We pick up the pieces and continue on Our Path ....Everything will be alright......I'm here with You.....I feel he is which makes it bearable for me to go on not for me but .....Our Children.... The Children are adjusting well......including their Father in their lives.....Which I feel much comfortable, because I know their Father is guiding them in their choices they make....
Our Family has grown, which I do include You Marines, It helps in Our Healing.....Roger had a Heart of Gold, and would do anything for anybody....He touch All of Our Lives...one way or another.....Yes Terry...that includes the b!tching.....but Hell I heard more of that....;). We will Follow Roger's words that He Always Taught Us.....
God, Corps, and Family.......Whatever order needs to come first.....

I Thank You All for Guiding Me In Your Home.....
We are taking it One Day at a Time....
We appreciate Everything Everyone Has Done.......

Forever In Our Hearts

God Bless

Ellie

Rodger Jr., Kris, Tony and Pam

Toby M
06-10-04, 10:23 PM
" Leave a lot of happy tracks where ever you may go..." Part of a song I heard once. It sounds like Roger. I didn't know the man but I wish I had...