PDA

View Full Version : Finally

devildog4ever
06-09-04, 07:05 PM
my parents are finally giving in to all the beging and constant "pestering" of letting me join the Marines at 17 I started asking them to sign me up @ 17 when I was about to be 16 and finally its paying off
just had to tell everybody

Super Dave
06-09-04, 07:49 PM
Cool deal, it took me 6 months to get my parents to sign for me when I wanted to enlist.

HardJedi
06-09-04, 07:50 PM
congrats! I did the same thing

Seeley
06-10-04, 08:59 AM
My parents have always known that I wanted to be in the military. Its only after the 8th grade when I started learning about the Marines did they know which branch. I would come home after reading books on the Marines and be like, "Mom, dad, did you know that (blah blah blah)?" It drove them crazy for a while. So, when I was getting ready to turn 17 last August they asked me what I wanted the most for my birthday because money was tight and they could only afford so much. I told them to save their money and sign my papers. They did it. No problems. Congrats on getting your parents to think about signing!

cjwright90
06-10-04, 10:10 AM
Congratulations. Best of luck to you!

devildog4ever
06-10-04, 02:17 PM
thanx all ......... it was about the same situation on my 17th b-day but yeah they said what do you want most of all........... except the Marine Corps

Blindside8162
06-12-04, 12:15 PM
Congrats man. It took alot of pestering by me and my recruiter to get my mom to sign the dotted line. When do you go to MEPS?