PDA

View Full Version : This Is Pretty Funny

devildog4ever
06-07-04, 04:19 PM
I was flippin through the channels about a week ago and saw a show called uncle sam wants you it was about what i thought was just recruiting duty for the Marines well it also included bootcamp stories and one guy when he signed up was all gung ho about going to PI when he got there he hated it and looked for a way home .......... he tried everything...... what finally got him off the island was pi$$ing on his bed for 3 nights .......... when he got back he started telling everybody that he had made it and was a Marine (since he was so good they let him go early) ha ha ......... i don't know if anyone cares but if it ever comes on again watch it its pretty cool
:banana:

yellowwing
06-07-04, 04:42 PM
Only once did I have serious thoughts about quitting. Then I thought, "Shoot! I've made it this far." The thought of going home without graduating didn't sit well. I am truly grateful that I stuck with it and earned the Eagle Globe and Anchor!

I can only scratch the surface on telling you how much better my life is now that I am a Marine.

USMCWifeNMom
06-07-04, 06:11 PM
My Corporal daughter sent letters home that had this mama organizing extraction units. Just when I had all my ducks in a row and was prepared to save my "princess" from that pit of helI known as "boot camp" (with guns a blazin') I got the next letter singing praises about her "awesome" DIs. Miss Sarah did the final 9 miles of the Crucible on a fractured hip with her full pack to wear the title "Marine."

God bless her ... and her brothers and sisters in uniform.

mrbsox
06-07-04, 09:37 PM
Dang mom...

I think I saw YOU straighten up when you posted that :marine:

Tell ALL your Devil Dogs (and Dog'ett :)) Ohra from the site !!

Terry

USMCWifeNMom
06-08-04, 02:35 AM
Thanks Terry!

Did I mention my husband's unit is being activated on the 25th? Yep ... we'll have all the males in our family, excepting our two year old son, and our 5 month old grandson, "over there."

It's going to be a L-O-N-G 12 - 14 months ...

:)
Margot

cjwright90
06-08-04, 06:26 AM
Miss Margot, I pray they all return safely.

That guy that dd4e spoke about needs a blanket party.

cjwright90
06-08-04, 06:27 AM
Let me rethink that. I don't want anyone thinking I am a proponant of violence. ...think...think... How about a power wedgie instead?

Zachery
06-09-04, 04:14 PM
i saw that same show develdog4ever and i got a hell of a laugh out of it too

devildog4ever
06-09-04, 07:00 PM
the good thing was though he openly admits that he gives respect to the Marines that" he is not worthy" in his words

Blindside8162
06-12-04, 12:26 PM
What channel was it on?

devildog4ever
06-15-04, 02:41 PM
on a and e i believe i have satellite so it was on 118

jdfairman
06-15-04, 05:07 PM
Gee whiz... Can you imagine having to go home and explain to everybody why you couldn't/didn't hack it? I've talked to several people that failed, and there's always some sad, weak excuse. "Well... I could've been a Marine, BUT..." " I should've been a Marine, BUT..." "I wanted to be a Marine, BUT...".

USMC777HRDKOR
06-30-04, 11:21 PM
I seriously dont think I could live with myself if I quit or could'nt hack it. No matter what happens I wont tell anyone that I cant hack it. I am either comming home a Marine, or I am not comming home at all. That's from my side of the fence I guess...

Dick