PDA

View Full Version : You really gotta give it to our legal system.....

HardJedi
06-05-04, 04:20 PM
First off, I live in Kansas City, Missouri. ( for those who could not figure out what KMCO meant :D ) <br />
<br />
Second, is it any WONDER that our country is falling apart? There's this GREAT big...

HardJedi
06-05-04, 08:05 PM
OH! and by the way, my girlfriend is the sister of the soon to be ex wife involved in all of this, and they share a house, so it's kinda personal to me, ya know? :)

troop901
06-05-04, 10:27 PM
I know what ya mean, but dont blame law enforcement, we can only do what the law allows, it sucks but overall it is for the good of the people as a whole. There are many times when I just want to yank someone out of their car and give em a good ol attitude adjustment, but I cant. I dont agree with alot of the laws and its frustrating but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But remember, we have to follow what the court say's, if we dont, then they walk away and yes, as you stated, they still walk away too much and yes, we do get tired of arresting the same people only to have them released before our shift ends. There has been a couple times when I had to look the other way as citizens did their civic duty to one of our previous offenders, didnt bother me, justice served in my view.

Toby M
06-05-04, 10:47 PM
HardJedi, I have to go with Troop on this one. As a retired law enforcement officer, I couldn't tell you the amount of times my fellow officers cringed and swore at the judges/courts (myslef included) for releasing violent criminals into society. Every law enforcement officer I know would give his/her right arm to have the kind of freedom required to put this scum away for good! Wife beaters, child molesters, rapists and murderers put one over on the courts every single day of the year. My heart goes out to you and your family. Best of luck!

HardJedi
06-05-04, 10:50 PM
Oh, I never said Law enforcement officers were the problem. Far from it. My mother was a street cop for 20 years. and one of my cousins is cheif of police for VEGAS! (ok, well, he's retired now) SO I guess WAS cheif of police for Vegas is better? LOL

What i am complaining about is a legal system that protects NO ONE for fear of "violating" someone civil rights. well, what the hell about OUR rights to sleep a whole night through in peace? Or my girlfriend and her sisters right to not HAVE to screen all phone calls? or the right to not have to fear every knock at the door? ect ect ect? :)

greybeard
06-05-04, 11:07 PM
or the right to not have to fear every knock at the door? ect ect ect?

Arm your family adequately with something that will go thru a door, and they'll fear nothing that comes to their door.

HardJedi
06-05-04, 11:13 PM
Yeah greybeard?
well, I have given them access to my own private arsenal, but try convinving two 5'2" 25 year old girls with a 3 year old kid in the house that they should arm themselves. Just doesn't work, and both are even afraid to let me take em to a firing range to TEACH em to shoot. If it was up to me, and I wouldn't get into trouble, I'd end the guy myself. but the point is, I shouldn't HAVE to, ya know?

i have bought them both stun guns, and a peper spray can designed for use on bears ( bout the size of a fire extenguisher) but still..

HardJedi
06-07-04, 01:53 PM
well, got court this week for this scumbag, on two different day's. wish us luck!

yellowwing
06-07-04, 02:05 PM
Here in Canada we have Dangerous Offender warnings. When they release a child molester, they put out news bullitens on where he will be residing. I'm thinking if you have to post a Dangerous Offender warning, why are they letting them out in the first place!

cjwright90
06-07-04, 02:26 PM
First off, I live in Kansas City, Missouri. ( for those who could not figure out what KMCO meant )

Jedi, I am glad you put that in ther for everyone. It took me quite a few whiles to figure that out.

Here in Canada we have Dangerous Offender warnings. When they release a child molester, they put out news bullitens on where he will be residing. I'm thinking if you have to post a Dangerous Offender warning, why are they letting them out in the first place!

Yellowwing, they have to register as sex offenders here, too. But I agree, why let them out. Jedi, Sorry about your girlfriend. I hope she lets you help her out.

fulmetaljackass
06-07-04, 02:36 PM
What i am complaining about is a legal system that protects NO ONE for fear of "violating" someone civil rights. well, what the hell about OUR rights to sleep a whole night through in peace? Or my girlfriend and her sisters right to not HAVE to screen all phone calls? or the right to not have to fear every knock at the door? ect ect ect? :) [/B]

I could not agree more

HardJedi
07-25-04, 09:55 PM
ya know, in a way, at least there is DEVINE justice of a sort. Haven't had as many problems lately. probably won't for awhile either. The cousin of the trouble maker( and a guy who put him up to alot of stuff, and helped with a few unsavory things) was killed on friday by electrocution. ( an accident) ahh, sometimes it's almost enough to make me believe in god.

hrscowboy
07-25-04, 10:01 PM
was that the dude on channel 4 news hardjedi i think i saw that??

HardJedi
07-25-04, 10:04 PM
yep.

Sparrowhawk
07-25-04, 10:39 PM
Posted on Fri, Jul. 23, 2004

Olathe city employee killed in work accident

An Olathe city employee was electrocuted this morning while working on street lights.

Preliminary reports indicate a crew of city employees was installing new light poles on Santa Fe Street near Indian Wells when the accident happened about 11:30 a.m. Authorities believe the crew lost control of a pole and it struck a high voltage power line, injuring the man, said Olathe Fire Department Spokesman Mike Hall. No other injuries were reported.

The man, who was not immediately identified, was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.

—Dawn Bormann/The Star

HardJedi
07-25-04, 11:48 PM
that's the S.O.B. alright ;)

snipowsky
07-26-04, 04:57 AM
Our "legal system" is a joke! Thugs and criminals have more rights then hard working everyday citizens who obey our laws!

I'm with you HardJedi!

Makes me sick to brother!

snipowsky
07-26-04, 05:03 AM
Isn't bad karma a funny thing? What comes around goes around! He got his! lol

HardJedi
08-12-04, 03:50 PM
Lord, guess he still hasn't got the message. cornered My GF and her brother on the way home from the bar with a pistol last weekend, in FRONT OF HER HOUSE! so what good is a restraining order, cause he is STILL running free!

troop901
08-12-04, 09:43 PM
HardJedi,
You will find restrainin orders make good toilet paper, but what ya need to do is make sure they keep notes of each time he violates it and make sure they call the police and insure that they log it so that its official. Like I said, nuttin more frustratin then arrestin someone and an hour later seein em at da local speedeemart buyin a 12 pack.

eddief
08-12-04, 10:48 PM
How about shooting the jackass in the head? If he doesn't have a gun then plant one on the son of a b itch. That's what I would do with no regrets whatsoever.

HardJedi
08-12-04, 11:18 PM
YEAH ME TOO, BUT THEN i GET ARRESTED AND I AIN'T GOING TO JAIL.

LONEEAGLE
08-14-04, 08:10 AM
HJ? From another Law Enforcement Officer/injured retired from job, along with VA PTSD......I really sympathize for you and your family. As the other man said; we as cops would bust our A***'s to put drunk driver's, sex offender's, the real bad creme of the "DIRTBAG'S" away. By the time the ADA's, (ass't D.A.'s) would get it, their be some sort of deal struck.
I for instance, arrested a man five times. The first time for DUI/DWI, he almost ran over me. Then later I got him again, no license, and drunk. Then some time later another one, and another one. I arrested this known sex offender three times. People's outcry was..."THE COPS AIN'T WORTH A S****!!
Not true. It's the damn DA's who just want a good record to reflect so they can get re-elected. And these "WIENIE PRICK" Judges...."Oh, I'll give him/her a break, they aren't all that bad."
I have some horrifying ideas where to put the crooks and the judges, but won't put them here.
Again, from a good citizen, ex-cop, good Marine, our hearts and prayer's go out for all of your family. God Be with you. Semper-Fi.

Toby M
08-14-04, 09:33 AM
Exactly my thoughts LONEEAGLE...I know there are a lot of ex and retired cops/former Marines that read and comment here that agree wholeheartedly! It ain't the cops that have problems arresting this scum-it's the courts that allow them to run free. Unfortunately Hardjedi, family's like yours have to suffer because of someone's judicial ego! While I agree with agree with 9mm justice in principle, we quickly become "them"...I wish there was a better way.

ese4mc
08-14-04, 11:32 AM
It sounds like k.c. legal system is taking lessons from Mass(soon to be known as the "gay state")--home of the 2 JFK*S---very liberal--we have a gun law that says "mandatory 1 year in jail " for illegal possesion---how-ever,minors,thieves,murderers are usually out on bail___how i don*t know---but since i am licensed to carry i would end up in jail as i don*t qualify as 1 of the above---also unless i am grossly mistaken the ALCU does not defend victims only the accused---great legal system

tracrat
08-14-04, 03:00 PM
HJ, u have my sympathy and shared frustration, bro. There is no deterrent to the sh*t that walks on the wrong side of the laws. Where is the fear of retribution when it takes between 15 to 20 years to actually carry out a sentence of capital punishment, and even then it is rare. There has got to be a serious overhaul done and the first thing to do is vote out the judges (if they can be voted out) and DA's that let the people go where the writing is on the wall that they will only commit crimes again., often of a more heinous nature. How many times do we see on the news a man who was released from prison early and ends up as front page news because he abducted, raped, then murdered a child...you have to shake your head and wonder if the judge who throws out the case has any feelings of remorse for their actions...

HardJedi
08-16-04, 02:45 PM
Hell, just to make sure everyone understands, I do NOT blame the police in any way shape or form. I support law enforcement agencies to the utmost of my ability.