PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Environmentalist

Sparrowhawk
09-24-02, 02:25 PM
This past week the following stories appreared in our local newspaper.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/sanbernardino/stories/PE_NEWS_nfly21.a195f.html

http://www.pe.com/breakingnews/local/PE_NEWS_nbfly24.a1a40.html
<hr>

<b> I couldn't help myself, I fired off this letter to the editor</b>

You got to be kidding me, Dan is this another one of your I'm pulling your leg stories?

Dear Editor;

Let me see if I have this right. This past week the PE has printed a series of stories on a The Delhi Sands flower-loving fly. The fly’s habitat maybe among filthy roadways debris in Colton, Fontana and Rialto where officials are prevented from cleaning in order to protect the fly. The fly also has prevented the building of some improved public services in these cities that include an industrial complex, a restaurant and a sports complex?

And to top this off, we pay an average $65.00 an hour to two individuals that have seen less than a handful of these flies in two summers, in this area and one of these individuals has visions of one day becoming a butterfly and the other considers himself an artist because of his ability to make fly sounds?

I swear the Delhi Sands flower-loving fly larva is the same I’ve seen in Tequila bottles being imported here form Mexico. Maybe some of those flies survived in those bottles and were released when the empty bottle was throw out alongside those same roadways.

Cook Barela,

Barrio_rat
09-24-02, 02:56 PM
LOL Sparrowhawk. Well said.

When I was on San Clemente Island for Kernal Blitz, we had a bit of war games going on and spent a month on the island, there were environmentalists out there pulling up weeds and some grass. When we asked what they were doing, they told us they were taking all the plants that were not indiginous to the island off. There had been goats found on the island that the Spanish had left there back in the 1500's. It was a way to keep the goats without a fence and so they'd know where to find 'em if they needed food. The environmentalists took these goats, a goat that is now extint except for this region, to Texas. Over half of them died. There were some wild pigs on the island as well - a buddy of mine was chased by one, mean suckers - and they were planning to remove them as well.

So I was wondering, if they want to take away everything that was not indiginous to the area, where does it stop? Will they do this with the rest of the United States? Will all cows and horses have to go? Will they make all humans leave? That would include the North American Indian. No indiginous humans in North America. They all migrated from the south or from the land bridge in what is now Alaska. Or they immigrated. So where does this crap all end? And who cares if a weed is growing on some stupid island off California? You'd think that they'd be happy to find a pland that could grow by itself in SoCal! LOL

dnelson
09-24-02, 04:10 PM
Here in Oregon we have the Western Pond turtle. As far as i can find in research it was never indigenous to this area. But since a few have been found they are now endangered because there are so few of them in the wild?

Or The red Wolf on the East Coast., I even did a paper in college about this one. It is said to be an endangered species. I say it is just a cross breed between a wold and a Coyote. there was never a seperate species of wolf with a red coating.

If they want to keep busy they could work on a few species here in oregon that are not indegenous to this area. Blackberry, gorsk, and Scotsbroom. All of these are a real pain and are taking over native species in some if not all of Western Oregon. Only the Blackberry has any redeming value.

So I have to agree with you their values are twisted.

Barrio_rat
09-24-02, 07:26 PM
The more I hear the more I'm glad I moved way the hell away from all that crap on the west side. Thinkin' I should go a few more miles East and just be out of Oregon completely.

A few year back, y'all might have heard a thing or two about the spotted owl. Here's some interesting facts about it that the environMENTALists didn't tell anyone.

They looked for the spotted owl around logging camps and could find none. Why? Cuz there were people there and they made noise.

The spotted owl prefers to hunt in areas with only low growth - ie no trees! It is easier for them to hunt that way.

The number one threat to spotted owls - in other words, the one factor that threatens its existance the most - is not man, it's the great horned owl. That's right, one owl goes out and kills/eats another.