PDA

View Full Version : How did you change after boot camp?

Kelvin Quinonez
06-01-04, 03:05 PM
I want to know what changes you Marines saw in yourselves after boot camp. Were you more disciplined or what?

yellowwing
06-01-04, 03:18 PM
I was in better shape, with sharper relfelxes. The biggest chenge was that I was less concerned with my wellbeing. I started thinking more of how my fellow Marines were doing. Taking on responsibilities to add to the team. This new training and attitude has helped me all through the rest of my life.

cjwright90
06-01-04, 04:16 PM
My views on teamwork were extremely higher. I think the Brotherhood taught me about loyalty, too, that I still have in me now. Loyalty to friends, my job, etc. Integrity is higher, too. These are some of the traits molded in boot camp, that remain today. Pride, not just in Corps, but in Country, and self...the list grows just thinking about it. Kelvin, I have read many of your posts here. I think a lot of your questions are very good ones. Please do not let anyone quelch your desire to learn.

HardJedi
06-01-04, 06:39 PM
Started to carry myself with MUCh more pride. I also gained a TON of self confidence. Before boot, I was a quite, shy person. Not afterwards.

( also, if I was asleep, for a short while after boot, if someone turned on a light in the middle of the night, I immediatley would jump up and spring to attention! LOL) Seriously!

Kelvin Quinonez
06-01-04, 11:57 PM
Thanks alot cjwright90. Ive tried to learn as much as I can. HardJedi, you said that you were more outgoing, that is what I would like. I am very quiet and Shy and would like to be more outgoing and agressive. That is something that I would really like to attain.

ROD_S.O.D.
06-02-04, 01:21 AM
Too many to list actually...you're the same in your core but let's just say the best you are capable of being..SHOWS BIG.

To sum up, for me two words and one major attitude ceased to exist.

Words:
#1. Impossible
#2. Can't

Attitude: Complaining

PooleeWebber
06-11-04, 12:17 AM
Do you feel that overall you were a totally different person after bootcamp? For example, did you look back on your civilian self before bootcamp and think, "I don't even know that person"?

HardJedi
06-11-04, 12:42 AM
yes

RichLundeen
06-11-04, 01:05 AM
I became a better person. I cared more about people.

Except for the bastards that would take freedom from me or mine.

I had a newfound understanding how I would gleefully bayonet our enemy (TBD), and dance on his or her guts.

Better than high school.

My little 9 year old girl understands. Most Americans don't.

Semper Fi

Rich