PDA

View Full Version : Only In America!

MillRatUSMC
05-27-04, 06:10 PM
http://www.comcast.net/News/HEALTHWELLNESS//XML/1500_Health__medical/bc729306-a798-4672-9dc2-d86a05760b3d.html

Says it's not about money...yet he suing...one must use one's smarts on going on any diet...
Only In America!

Sgted
05-27-04, 06:32 PM
American's and their diet fads.
It's endless.
In most (not all) cases those who are overweight just need to eat less fattening foods, carbs and calories.
Or just less of all the above.
But we want a pill or a drink in a can to accomplish what we don't really have an interest in doing on our own.
As far as this guy suing I say these types of litigation must be refused.
What did he think would happen when fatty meat, bacon and the like would compose his diet.
As MillRatUSMC says....."only in America".
Just goes to prove how many people have vaccums between their ears.

USMCWifeNMom
05-27-04, 07:14 PM
Step away from the cheeseburger and move your fat butt is all I have to say about it!

tracrat
05-27-04, 07:50 PM
I agree with USMCWifeNMom..Just step away from the plate, sir...and hit a little PT

Osotogary
05-27-04, 08:01 PM
Lost 40 pounds in one year about 15 years ago eating anything I wanted to but cutting it in half and saving the other half for the next day.
I also exercised alot. PT never hurt unless you do it on a full stomach.

radio relay
05-28-04, 05:33 AM
Dollars to donuts.....

He wasn't following the Atkins diet properly. You can sue anyone as much as you want. Bottom line, only the individual can do anything about living, and eating right.

This whole business of sueing the big food companies is nothing more than a money grab by trial lawyers. With other interested "third parties", like the health insurance mafia, er.. companies, and radical animal rights (sic) organisations, tagging along. Using usefull, gullible idiots to go after deep pockets, that the lawyers perceive to be vulnerable.

I've been on a low carb diet twice.

The first time, it was basically "no" carb. I lost about 50 lbs, and gained it all back, plus some.

Second time, I lost over 70 lbs, and have kept it off. I followed the diet, as you're supposed to. I.E. "low" carbohydrate, not "no" carbohydrate, and low fat, not all the fat you can eat. Quality, "lean" meats and protien sources. Quality carbs, with a low glycemnic index. Most importantly, I kept my overall calorie consumption bellow 2,000 calories per day, and exercised every day.

To keep it off, this eating and exercise routine has to become permanent. It trully is a change in lifestyle, not just a diet. It wasn't, and isn't, easy. However, the change in my health, for the better, is well worth it.

Anyone can eat, and be healthy. They just have to want to.

These PETA inspired trial lawyers, and their fools for clients, are idiots. We need to push our law makers to make it unlawfull to sue over such frivolity. If people want to eat Big Mac's and fries, and sit around munching chips, and donuts, while playing donkey kong all day, it's their right to do so. How the frickin' hell does a trail lawyer have the right to tell you not to?!?!

SF:marine:

cjwright90
05-28-04, 06:17 AM
Donkey Kong, Relay? You're showing your age. Not only is it important to not eat too much of any type fod, but food combinations are also important. The way different foods or types of foods interact with each other makes a difference, too. Education, along with PT, are probably the best way to lose and maintain healty weights. Education on how and what to eat, I mean. Even when to eat. Eating a full steak dinner right before bed is not a good idea.