PDA

View Full Version : Kids wearing Rubber "sex bracelets"

thedrifter
05-27-04, 06:07 AM
Kids wearing Rubber "sex bracelets"

NYP)-- A bizarre new kids' sex craze is sweeping the city's elementary schools.

Girls as young as 11 are stacking colorful rubber "sex bracelets" up their arms while their parents are unaware that each piece of the cheap jewelry represents a different sex act, according to a secret-code the kids share.

Some symbolize an invitation to kinky get-togethers, several kids told The Post.

The kids play a game called "Snap" associated with wearing the bracelets. In the game, girls wear the bracelets around their wrists, and if a boy runs up and rips one off, he gets a "coupon" from the girl to perform whatever sex act the color stands for.

A black bracelet indicates sexual intercourse, blue is oral sex, red is a lap dance or French kiss and white is a homosexual kiss - and it gets more in depth.

Green represents having sex outside.

Some of the bracelets stand for specific sexual positions, and there's even a light-green glow-in-the-dark version that means "using sex toys."

Megan Stecher, 11, a fifth-grader who sells the $1 bracelets to her classmates at Holy Child Jesus School in Richmond Hill, Queens, for $1.25 said her teachers are not aware of what they symbolize.

"No one wants to tell them, either," Megan said. "Everyone collects and wears all the colors to school, and all the kids know exactly what every color stands for." "One person tells someone, and they tell someone else, and that's how it spread," Megan said. "I heard about it in the neighborhood."

Megan's mother, Michelle Stecher, 33, originally thought it was an innocent fashion fad.

"I thought it was an outrageous Britney Spears phase, like Madonna used to do in the '80s with the black rubber bracelets," she said.

"But when I found out, I was outraged. I sent her to Catholic school to avoid things like this.

"I thought this could never, ever happen there."

Arial Martinez, Megan's best friend, also 11, said the bracelets became so widely known around her Bronx school, PS 60 in Woodlawn, that the teachers and principal banned the students from wearing them to class.

She said the teachers found out what they symbolize "because everyone was wearing them and talking about them all the time."

Arial said that as her friends find more colors, they try to describe new sex acts.

"I found out from kids on my block, and the word just spread fast," she said. "But I don't think it's right for young kids."

The neighborhood kids are buying the bracelets for a dollar a dozen at local 99 cent stores and beauty shops.

Many retailers are oblivious as to why they're selling the bracelets by the boatload.

"Last week, I had to order extras, so many kids were coming in for them," said Ming Zhang, who works at Aina Gift Shop on Jamaica Avenue. "I don't know why."

Although Megan says that neither she nor any friends of hers are actually having sex, she is savvy to all the graphic sex terms and the corresponding colors.

Megan's mom wonders where this all started and how the kids got so educated about sex.

"I'm just wondering who started this whole thing and how it reached Megan in her Catholic school," Michelle Stecher said. "I mean, I told her about the birds and the bees, but this is too much.

"I want the school to know what's going on with the kids and put a stop to it."

http://katc.static.worldnow.com/images/1891280_BG1.jpg

Fifth grader Megan Stecher shows off her array of "sex" jelly bracelets in front of her school.

http://www.katc.com/Global/story.asp?S=1891280&nav=EyAzNN6S

Ellie

USMCWifeNMom
05-27-04, 07:19 AM
"Maybe it's time we got back to the basics of life."

I cannot imagine children, as young as 11 even THINKING of having sex. What's happened to our society? I was at the park with my toddler and there were some young girls there with short-shorts that had sayings on their butts ... what kind of parent would promote that by purchasing that type of clothing for their child?

bobpage
05-27-04, 10:57 AM
The same parents who protest the military and voted for Clinton.

cjwright90
05-27-04, 11:16 AM
Bob, Mom, I agree to an extent with both of you. It is hard to imagine in today's society it is out there, but it is. I too have a 11 1/2 year old. Miss Ellie showed me this story before she posted it here. It is a shame to think that 5th graders are having sex, but it all stems from surrounding and environment that they are raised in. I lived a poor town in a very poor section as a kid. I remember playing with my nieghbor kids, I was a child, too and looking for "Peanut". He was the youngest. About 5 or 6 years old. I was in 9th grade, Peanut's brothers and cousings were in say 7th grade. We found Peanut. Under the wading pool with his little girl friend, also the same age, getting it on.

HardJedi
05-27-04, 03:11 PM
all i can reall say is, GOOD LORD!

Osotogary
05-27-04, 04:48 PM
His last name wasn't Planter was it?