thedrifter
05-26-04, 03:50 PM
Staff Sgt. Jimmy Massey <br />
By Scott McLeod <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Former Marine Staff Sgt. Jimmy Massey was honorably discharged from the Corps in December 2003 after 12 years of active duty. Diagnosed with...

thedrifter
05-26-04, 03:50 PM
Q: Will we be able to succeed in Iraq?

A: I’m not going to sit here and play armchair quarterback. I don’t have all the answers. I spent 12 years in an organization and I feel I did my best. I have different ways of looking at things because of my worldly travels. I’m not going to play armchair quarterback to the government. I’m just saying how I feel. People can take it with grain of salt, or hear it, or apply it to themselves and make them a better person. There was no need for what we did over there, there was no need.

As I’ve been telling this story, I’ve gotten lots of positive response. I’ve also gotten hate mail, people telling me “You’re destroying America, violating the code of silence.” People like that need to turn off the idiot box.

http://www.smokymountainnews.com/issues/05_04/05_26_04/fr_massey.html

:no:

Ellie

enviro
05-26-04, 04:16 PM
Staff Sergeant Massey is a little confused.... <br />
<br />
In the presence of an embedded reporter, in March 2003, Staff Sgt. Jimmy Massey, of the 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Weapons Company, mocked an Iraqi...

enviro
05-26-04, 04:17 PM
This is how the anti-war forces seek to defeat the U.S. military. Seeping from conspiratorial Web sites and foreign anti-American rags into the mainstream consciousness like leech-filled swamp water rising through the floor boards, the level of conceivability for accusations notches up as time goes on — as September 11 recedes and as the election approaches. Whatever their motivation, and whether or not they believe the sunny delusions about the world scene after an American defeat, those who enable, promote, and lend credibility to this propaganda assault must be faced and stared down this time around the historical cycle.

Our nation cannot afford to follow either John Kerry or any Generation X versions of the anti-war veteran. Jimmy Massey cannot escape the implications of what he is declaring to all the world by laying blame with the President based on clichés about war for oil and lies about weapons of mass destruction. And we who understand the importance of success cannot afford to keep our heads down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Thanks to Donald Sensing for suggesting the proper acronym.