PDA

View Full Version : Political Points to Ponder

namgrunt
05-24-04, 11:09 AM
This is a message I got from a sister-in-law. She sent it because she now has a son in his first year at West Point, and is concerned beyond the normal bounds of skepticism. She is in the same...

cjwright90
05-24-04, 11:31 AM
I concur with your concurrance.

fulmetaljackass
05-24-04, 12:25 PM
and I concur with the concurrance of the concurrance.

This may sound a little bit (or a lot) pessimistic and cynical, but I've always looked at voting as choosing between the lesser of two evils. One of my primary concerncs is how our military is treated, and that article among numerous other publications helps me to decide which of our candidates is the lesser of two evils.

DSchmitke
05-24-04, 01:49 PM
And I concur

USMCWifeNMom
05-24-04, 05:39 PM
I foursquare concur with any an all previous and/or subsequent concurrences.

arzach
05-24-04, 07:47 PM
Hell with all this 'concuring'..I flat out AGREE NamGrunt!

S/F
Rick

Osotogary
05-24-04, 08:21 PM
What ever happened to convex? Or concave? LOL

namgrunt
05-24-04, 09:18 PM
Convex and concave are shapes. :D
(took me 20 minutes to find my dictionary)

I think "Charlatan" is more what Mr. Kerry is. He is a charlatan, first class, in my opinion.

Charlatan: (from Consolidated Webster Dictionary of the English Language)
One who PRATES much in his own favor and makes unwarrantable pretensions to skill; a quack; an empiric; a mountebank.

Prate: (from same Webster Dictionary)
To talk much and without weight; to chatter; to babble. To utter foolishly.

To me, it fits the bill when describing Kerry.
:)

arzach
05-24-04, 09:25 PM
"Charlatan" = Phoney, who babbles like a brook.

Did you find his picture next to the word Grunt?

firemanfrank
05-24-04, 09:27 PM
Seems to me, most simply... Senator Kerry has had many faces, all of which have propelled his own advancement. How convenient!! My vote is with President Bush!
Semper Fi Namgrunt

namgrunt
05-25-04, 01:56 AM
arzach
Nope, no picture. I should look it up in an encyclopedia, that might have some visual image to go along with the description.

Of course, since Kerry is a "quack", I suppose any good duck photo would do. (my apologies to Daffy Duck)

My "nephew-in-law" just passed his first year at the Point. He would graduate in the next four years of Presidency, regardless of who has the reins of power. I shudder to think of someone like Kerry sending him off to "peacekeep" from under a blue UN beanie.

If Kerry had his way, we would be in a pre-9/11 state of readiness, with Saddam in power, and al-Qaeda training new recruits south of Baghdad. We would be searching over the whole planet, and wringing our hands, for someone who would sit and listen to our peace proposals. We would be dying under terrorist attacks here in our own cities and towns. All the foreign Jihad fighters would be free to join their sleeper brothers here, plotting and initiating operations against us, as they do in Isreal.

The only rise Kerry brings up is the bile in my gut. He called me a war criminal, and I'll be darned if I'll support him. He still has to answer for his own self-admitted war crimes. If he is elected, we would end up with a "shoulda been BRIGRAT" as President.

That is how I see it.

arzach
05-25-04, 06:46 AM
Pretty well covers the situation Grunt, kerry's a lyin', loser, hell, he's even a 'wannabe' and a self-proclaimed war criminal! All ingredients for a liberal Presidential Candidate, damn, he's pulling public chicanery by not accepting the nomination at convention(unless billary bought him off and decided to run her ugly old self).

cjwright90
05-25-04, 06:55 AM
Billary could not possibly beat GW. That is why her name never came up as an option, but 2008 stand the hell by, her name will be on a ballot. (PS-I am a GW fan, and will vote him)

arzach
05-25-04, 07:07 AM
'08 is her plan CJ, what scares hell outta me is there's a lotta yahoos out there wantin' to draft her(sumthin' her hubby avoided) and vote for her now. Like Grunt said, Lord help us ifn ANY of the libs get into power, now or in the future!

Any ideas on who the GOP candidate will be in '08? Dubya's brother comes to mind.

cjwright90
05-25-04, 08:04 AM
I think I would vote Jeb, although popular world opinion may not be in favor of another Bush. She may be JK's running mate, but I doubt it. Two big egos on the same bus. Might be a big headache to them and us.

arzach
05-25-04, 08:21 AM
If she's on the ticket with kerry, he's a dead man! That 'woman' will stop at nothing to get back into the White House!

If it ain't Jeb, they better have someone in mind other than Cheney, way too old there.