<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Rick Rogers <br />
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER <br />
May 22, 2004 <br />
<br />
While world attention was focused on the scandal at Abu Ghraib prison, two...

ImAPuke
05-23-04, 01:19 PM
It was bad enough when the army started all this, but to hear
that (EX) Marines were involved is unacceptable.

Eaglestrikes
05-23-04, 09:47 PM
Jarhead1775
The entire Marine Corp is not to blame. Neither is the entire U.S. Army. About six or seven 95 D and one Motor Transport Doggie all of whom suffered from arrested mental development and oversize libidos got through the screening process. What I see that makes me proud is that the Marines caught it, and did something about it. Discipline is more than just mental, but not much. They were undisciplined mentally. We are better off without them. I worry that they will become politicians, they are already practicing how to be deceptive.

MillRatUSMC
05-23-04, 10:09 PM
An interesting point of view, I chose not to post the author name...She a mom of a Marine Officer.

I am NOT condoning what happened to the Iraqi prisoners...however, I think it is vitally important that in my head I have these matters in proper perspective...

* Saddam had Iraqi men, women and children put to death in human meat grinders on a daily basis...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
*Saddam had people thrown off of 3 - 4 story buildings, while their relatives were forced to watch...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
* Saddam had people's tongues cut out, limbs chopped of, and even beheaded, while their families were forced to watch...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
* Saddam's sons, as well as other Administrators and military personnel raped and sodomised Iraqi girls, some as young as 8 years old, on a daily basis...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
* Saddam's regime indiscriminately put to death millions of Iraqi citizens on a daily basis, during the term of his brutal dictatorship, as evidenced by the mass graves recently uncovered in various parts of Iraq...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
* Terrorists recently exploded several car bombs in Baghdad, killing 17 innocent Iraqi children and several dozen innocent Iraqi citizens...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
* Terrorists have been killing American/Coalition soldiers on a daily basis since we sent our troops, many of whom gave their lives on Iraqi soil, used US taxpayer dollars to liberate the Iraqi people...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...
* Four Americans were killed in Fallujah, their bodies were burned, mutilated, drug through the streets and hung on a bridge...while Iraqi people cheered and stoned the bodies...NO OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE OR THE ARAB COMMUNITY...

AND NOW, A FEW IRAQI PRISONERS HAVE BEEN HUMILIATED ......A PAIR OF WOMEN'S UNDERWEAR PUT ON THE PRISONERS HEADS, A FEW NAKED PHOTOGRAPHS...AND THE IRAQI PEOPLE AND THE ENTIRE ARAB COMMUNITY GO BALLISTIC...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

As I said, I DON'T condone what happened to the prisoners. I am shocked and DISGUSTED by it! To think some AMERICANS would lower themselves to the level of so much of the rest of the world is shameful. Unfortunately, the press and much of the rest of the world wants to paint us all with the same brush.

Until the Iraqi's and the Arab Community gets their act together...I wish the
AMERICAN NEWS ELITE would stop being part of the problem and stop using this story to the benefit of the Arab community.

Arabs CUT OFF THE HEAD OF AN AMERICAN AND SHOWED THE WHOLE PROCEDURE ON ARAB TV. COMPARE THAT TO A FEW PICTURES OF HUMILIATED IRAQI PRISONERS. ITS TIME TO HEAR SOME OUTCRY FROM THE IRAQI PEOPLE & COMMUNITY ON IRAQI TV_----- NOW --- OR TELL THEM WE ARE BRINGING OUR AMERICAN TROOPS HOME

I DON'T WANT MY PRESIDENT TO APOLOGISE TO THE ARABS FOR ANYTHING! WE ARE AT WAR!!! DON'T FORGET IT FOR A MINUTE

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND OUR PRESIDENT

Since she wrote that more photos and information have been leaked to the media.
Still we might think that she right, there was or is there an outcry about how Saddam killed and tortured Iraqi's.
Or was there much outcry on the murdering of Nick Berg.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
05-23-04, 10:13 PM
A small correction on my note after here message that I got in E-Mail...

Since she wrote that more photos and information have been leaked to the media.
Still we might think that she right, there wasn't or is there an outcry about how Saddam killed and tortured Iraqi's.
Or was there much outcry on the murdering of Nick Berg.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

cjwright90
05-24-04, 05:57 AM
It is always too bad when something like this blemishes our reputation. Like the few in Okinawa who thought it woulf be a good idea to rape an Okinawan girl. But the Corps does a great job of cleaning that junk out of its ranks, and recovering.

thedrifter
05-28-04, 05:16 PM
May 28, 2004 <br />
<br />
Two Marines convicted of prisoner abuse <br />
Another pair face courts-martial in electric-shock incident <br />
<br />
By Gidget Fuentes <br />
Times staff writer <br />
<br />
<br />
OCEANSIDE, Calif. — Two infantry...

CPLRapoza
05-28-04, 08:33 PM
This hurts, I cna't believe my own brothers would do this. They should get the highest punishment possible for what they have done. I wish it was like the old days when they would march down a long road with there peers on each side. After they are stripped of there uniform, rank, and medals awarded(by stripped I'm mean ripped of their body and thrown to the ground) once that is done, the command is given to about face, all his peers execute, and he must walk down shamed and dishonored.

USMCWifeNMom
05-28-04, 11:25 PM
I agree with MillRatUSMC. (good to see you by the way ... we met on Marine Moms Online a couple of years back)

In addition, the Marine abuse occured over a year ago, during the "war" ... it's not front page news worthy. We simply must not allow terorists to succeed in their attempt to divide our nation ... UNITED we stand ... DIVIDED we fall.

Americans are measured by a yardstick no other countries hold unto themselves (esp Arab ones).

God Bless America ... land of the free because of the brave.